Topic: Death Valley on MTV

I think i'm gonna check this out tonight...for the hell of it. Looks like it might be pretty funny!

http://www.horror-movies.ca/2011/08/new … th-valley/

Re: Death Valley on MTV

I'm anxiously waiting for it to start. Saw a clip for it last night and it looked kinda promising. We shall see???

I thought it was okay, but fuck mtv...there was about 8 minutes of show and the rest was all commercials! I have never seen so many fucking commercials in my life!

^I was about to ask what did y'all think but there's one opinion already...to which I have to agree.  I'll say further that I think it still needs a lot of work but at the same time it does have a lot of potential.  All 'n all, I enjoyed it.

While watching it I got a idea for an episode.  The camera crew catch up to the two cops while they're putting a couple of handcuffed suspects, who can't be seen clearly at first, in the back of the patrol-car.  The cops explain that they are rounding up a kidnapping ring that they've been investigating for a long time.  The camera zooms in on the suspects in the back seat and it turns out to be space-aliens.

Extraterrestrials...kidnappings...LOL   GET IT, ABDUCTIONS...huh...huh?!!

Ehh, f*** it.

I was going to check it out, but got home too late.  I may DVR it so I can skip all of the commercials.

I caught it on the DVR (agreed, MTV commercials make me want to kill myself) and thought it was pretty funny. Definantly needs some work, but not bad for a pilot with what looks like a tight budget. I thought the chief/LT/whoever he is was the funniest part. I'll continue to watch it.

Choco Tacos and a Slurpee

Well I just got thru watching it and have to agree that there were way to many commercials. Besides that it was just o.k. and I'll probably be tuning in again next wk, hoping it gets better.

Okay check it, I got some more.

Now they (the cops and the TV-crew) is about to wrap it up with the cops taking the aliens to the station, right?  BTW, instead of just two cops and one patrol-car, damn near the whole squad is there including the captain.  Alright, just when the cops are about to get in their cars and pull off, three dark unmarked cars pull up and a bunch of guys in dark suits and sunglasses gets out (men in black, get it...alright, alright). 

They stop the cops and identify themselves as being N.S.A., Homeland Security or whatever and that they'll be taking the prisoners into custody.  The cops argue that they've got jurisdiction, it's their collar and all that other sh*t, right...okay.  The head guy of the suits says that they've been on the case longer in a joint-venture with the F.B.I. to where he sort of nods over to a man and a woman standing by a car at a distance somewhat out of focus (I'll get back to that later, I'm tellin' ya', it's gonna be good...alright). 

Both groups still argues for awhile then the head guy in the suit says something like, "wait, I'll get this all straighten out right now".  Okay, he pulls out a phone and dials somebody and start saying that he's having a problem with the local officials yadda-yadda-yadda, so on and so forth, then gives the phone to the captain.  The captain takes the phone and by the shock on his face and the shuttering response in his voice you can tell he's talking to someone with serious authority (maybe the mayor or the governor, whatever).  He still tries to argue his point somewhat with who he's talking to on the phone (c'on, we can't just have him ending up looking like a total pussy) but he eventually gives in.  He gives the phone back then tells his guys to release the prisoners to the suits.  The cops under his command do a little huffin' and puffin' at first but when the captain sternly orders them to do what he says they give the aliens up. 

While the guys under his command are putting the aliens in their cars, the head guy in the suit tells the captain with a smirk how his department is doing nice job with the local vampire, werewolf and zombie problem but when it comes to extraterrestrials, back off and to leave that to the professionals (of course meaning his crew).  The cops, after having their balls snatched on national TV, are embarrassed and pissed off and the captain says something like, "damn feds always pull this sh*t".  The suits leave with the car of the man and woman being the last in the line but, although they still can't be seen clearly, you can tell the woman has red-hair.

Gives the suggestion of Mulder and Scully, get it...huh...huh...AHW C'ON!!!

I like that.

i have seen Death Valley preview and its beginning was fantastic. but in second episode,  I don't like it. I don't know why...
but it looks very wired.

I actually enjoyed the second episode more than I did the first. I'm generally not so into the horror/comedy thing (exceptions, of course), but I'm enjoying Death Valley.

Just caught the first two episodes and I liked it. In a way I wanted to hate it, as I'm done with MTV but I couldn't. smile It feels to me like a mixture of the Superbad cops, meets The Office with vampires, zombies and werewolves. Made me chuckle a few times. big_smile

Alright look, here's another one, "Domestic Disturbance"!!!

The cops get a call to an address about a domestic disturbance, right...okay. 

They drive up to a house in an upper middle-class neighborhood, get out the patrol-car and start walking up the walkway when a chair (or some other type of furniture) comes flyin' out the second story window.  From the room where the...whatever...flew out of, there's screams, growlin' and other strange voices with lights flickering in the background of the room.  Now check it, both cops look at each other.  One says, "you're thinking what I'm thinking?"  The other one says, "yeah, looks like its gonna be one of those night again"

Okay, they get up to the front door and ring the doorbell (or knock on the door, whatever).  The door is opened and there's a man and woman standing there looking all excited and distraught.  They both look like somebody's been b*tch-slapping them around for hours.  One of them (you choose witch one) says, "oh officers, we're so glad you're here" the other one look around nervously.  They continue, "it's our daughter", or you can say "son" but "daughter" usually has a better effect, "she hasn't been well and lately she's been having these terrible fits".  The cops are acting nonchalant, shaking their heads as if what they're hearing is a routine thing.  All this is going on while strange noises, yelling and cursing is coming from upstairs...as a matter of fact, the house even do a little bit of rumbling a couple of times.  One of the cops tells his partner, "look, I'll go up stairs and check out the situation while you get the information".  The other one says, "alright".  The mother says something corny like, "oh please be careful with her, she's really a nice girl, she's just been under a lot of stress lately and feeling a little under the weather".  The cop assures her that everything's gonna be alright.

Okay now, while the other cop is talking to the parents and taking down notes, things went somewhat quiet for a little while upstairs.  Then, all of a sudden, the noises and voices start up again more intensely, there's rumbling again, the lights in the house flickers on and off when, suddenly, the cop is thrown down the stairs.  His partner and the father helps him up while asking if he's alright.  Okay now check it, he says that he's fine but it looks like they have a "so-and-so" (some b***s*** police code number, you make it up) on their hands.  So one of the cops call it in on his walkie-talkie while the other one tells the parents that in procedures like this, they are not equip to deal with such situations.  He continues by saying that his partner is calling for a "special unit" that handles these type of emergencies and that they are suppose to secure the area until the special unit arrives.

Okay, after waiting awhile, the special unit arrives and its three priests.  They greet the cops like old buddies and that’s the thing, or at least one of things that funny about this whole scenario.  The cops and the priests acting so nonchalant about the whole thing.  After getting the basic details, the priests chat, laugh and joke a little with the cops.  As a matter of fact, check it out...one of the priests actually walked in on the scene drinking a cup of coffee.  All this going on with the parents looking bewildered and nervous and glancing at each other from time to time.  When there’s a loud yell of a deep voice from upstairs, everybody looks upstairs for a few seconds then the priests and the two cops kinda laugh it off.  One of the priests even nonchalantly waves his hand in that direction then shakes his head with a smirk on his face as if to say, ”he’s at it again”.  One of the older priests calmly ask the cop that got thrown down about how the girl looked, what did she say, did her head spin all the way around or did she bend all the way backwards, etc.  After that little bit of questioning, the two older priests tells the youngest one (the rooky) to stay with the parents and get more info such as the girl’s background, family history and so on then they start up the stairs.  The cops offers to stick around if they [the priests] think they will need any help.  The priests reassured the cops that everything’s alright, they got it.  So the cops leave.

Okay, that’s the gist of it but the main key is how the cops and the priests are carrying on like its no big deal, a routine thing.

So, what do you think?

Last edited by Black Sunlite (2011-09-08 11:26:44)

i didn`t know ''people'' actually watch mtv still

shesaid? wrote:

i didn`t know ''people'' actually watch mtv still

Plenty of people watch things online. I stream videos from various sites/download via BT. Don't even have cable tv. Between my computers and PS3 I didn't have any need for it.

I checked it out because I read a synopsis and it seemed interesting, not because it aired on MTV.

Its not a bad show, just  something to bide time until Walking Dead starts back up..I needs my zombie fix!