Topic: Bereavement Audio Quality

For those who have seen it, I know @Underdog and @JJ (testing...testing lol) have, did anyone else have absolute crap shit audio. The music sounds loud and strong, but the dialogue is hollow and cheap sounding, like it was from a camcorder and I was wondering if that is just how it sounds, like shit. I really hope i didn't just get a defective disc, maybe it's my set-up, but other blu-rays play fine in it, I am going to try on my parent's set-up later on tonight. The dialogue audio sounds so cheap I can barely sit through the film.

Last edited by Vamp_Slayer (2011-09-07 10:31:46)

Re: Bereavement Audio Quality

i was one of the few who did not like Malevolence so I did not bother seeing Bereavement.

I am surprised to hear they didnt spend time developing a proper audio track.

I don't like malevolence all that much either honestly. It's ok and has some good moments, but I would be bothered if I was told I would never see it again lol. I am about 50 minutes into Bereavement right now (despite the horrible dialogue audio) and it is not bad. I heard great thigns from horror sites, but horrible thigns from fans about it, very strange I think...but it seems good so far and as for video quality and the surface look of the film it is miles better than Malevolence in that department. But I gotta finish it before I judge it on the film itself.

when i watched it, the audio seemed fine to me

Hm...well I am going to test it at the parental units' place and then if no cigar I am going to exchange it for another copy. Oh yes, I liked it a lot, although some of the acting was shakey sometimes, I thought it was was pretty tense. But the look of the film sort really makes me biased because I can't stop thinking about how well shot it is and it looks excellent on blu-ray. Now let's see if I can get the sound straightened out. Thanks JJ.

no problem and you're right it was shot amazing and looked good just the plot seemed really bland and pointless and the ending was so obvious i dont know i dont think it was as bad as i said just way to overhyped

Wife and I both thought the same about the audio being a bit off at times. As JJ mentioned about the hype of this film. Maybe that's why I was so disappointed? Glad you enjoyed it though smile

I don't get the hype thing...not to sound like a jerk or anything but where does this hype come from? I completely forgot this flick was made until Underdog posted that he watched it. Isn't hype created in our own minds? We are the ones that choose to watch trailers, read news articles, and read review after review to see what others think of it before we watch it for ourselves. Just sayin.

^ After reading early reviews at other sites, and from horror fans in general. And CS, I know where your coming from and know your not a jerk. I don't take much to heart reading articles, or watching trailers. But I too had heard good things about this movie and had high hopes.

Last edited by Underdog (2011-09-07 20:15:30)