Topic: Halloween Nightmare - comic book

well we are way behind, but hopefully the first issue will be out in time for Halloween.
I have added pages 2,3,4 in b&w in the last post.

live action short film from which the idea was developed (3:29)
Halloween nightmare

update - 2/6/11
finished design for Jack - art by rommel

PunBB bbcode test

sneak peek at the first page. just the calendar and posters to put in.
PunBB bbcode test

Last edited by LastSunset (2011-09-14 09:18:34)

Re: Halloween Nightmare - comic book

I like the short.  Where was the park/cemetery scenes shot at?  I'd love to check that place out.

Ooooh that looks and sounds awesome! I know there is actually a street in England near me called Elm Street, it's so awesome! big_smile As soon as I get paid I'll give what I can to help the cause.

Thanks Azathoth, it is balgay cemetery in Dundee, it's a cool place just to go for a wander smile
and in winter you get great sunset views from there. here is a quick vid of one smile

An Angels frozen wings

Thanks Deth_Banger!!! awesome smile tbh i wanted to avoid this route but I have no job =/ so it's the only way just now. I live right next to Elm Street smile I waited ages to use the sign lol.

The cover should be done soonish.
It should generate some interest hopefully as it is fuckin' siiiiick. I can't wait to see it myself lol

^^^
Beautiful video!  I'd toss ya some money if I had a job.  sad

azathoth wrote:

^^^
Beautiful video!  I'd toss ya some money if I had a job.  sad

thanks. We will get there in the end, somehow smile You can help by simply sharing the link anywhere you can, It bumps my "gogo factor" up every time someone shares the link.
idk what gogo factor is but it helps lol

Kudos to you. That was a good short!:) Good luck!

LastSunset wrote:

idk what gogo factor is but it helps lol

Puppy power?  big_smile
http://www.myorganizedchaos.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/gogo-my-walkin-pup.jpg

thanks ickimikki smile

yes i think that every time my gogo factor goes down a puppy gets stuffed and put in a box sad
do it for the puppies!!!

Yay!! The first contributor, only $1990 to go smile

Last edited by LastSunset (2011-05-23 07:34:02)

hey y'all, I have found an artist for the comic smile and updated the first post with character sketches. let me know what you think of them.

and don't be mean , i haven't drawn anything for like 16 years lol.

share the link to help me complete the book for halloween, pleeeeease smile
http://www.indiegogo.com/Halloween-Nightmare-Comic-Book

New character sketch, April.  The first pages should start production next week smile

PunBB bbcode test

Sara character sketch by me
PunBB bbcode test

Eve character sketch by me
PunBB bbcode test

Last edited by LastSunset (2011-05-23 07:35:36)

updates in op

Short is great!  I love the idea and the sketches so far. big_smile Best of luck to you!

Lutano wrote:

Short is great!  I love the idea and the sketches so far. big_smile Best of luck to you!

thx smile

1st page is nearly done, just a race to get it out for Halloween now!! smile

Video was decent...I love just about anything that has to do with Halloween...what is going to be the premise of the comic book?  What labels are you shopping the concept around at if I can ask?

u know what sweet, is the friday the 13th comics, TCM, & the freddy vs Jason vs Ash comic series

Aidan13 wrote:

Video was decent...I love just about anything that has to do with Halloween...what is going to be the premise of the comic book?  What labels are you shopping the concept around at if I can ask?

Without giving too much away it is a story of tragedy and revenge, using some traits from classic slasher films but adding some depth and emotion to the story. There will be death and violence and none of the characters will have a jolly time smile

I will be gunning for avatar press or one of the other bigger publishers. Otherwise it will be self published and sold through indyplanet and my website.

PunBB bbcode test

PunBB bbcode test

Last edited by LastSunset (2011-09-14 09:16:38)

PunBB bbcode test