Topic: HM Movie Night 11 & 11.5 Recaps

This was a weird one.  The first night most of the US folks couldn't attend due to Labor Day, so it was a largely British contingent.  And then I forgot to record the first movie ('Night of the Creeps')!  Then the following weekend we started with 'Night' again, and I recorded it, but everyone had to drop out besides me and Lon after the first film, so we never got around to watching 'The Convent.'

So-

Movies:
'Night of the Creeps'
'The Convent'

Participants (over both nights):

Azathoth
Cap Howdy
Crucial Turnip
LoudLon
PuppyMonster
RevengeBiteMe
TheCreature

and I know I'm forgetting 1 or 2 people (sorry, I also forgot to take notes).

As I said, both nights were strange, but rather personal with the few participants.  Howdy was exhorting TECHNO ZOMBIES while Turnip went on a 20 minute giggle-fest.  Vengy's mom hung in for a while during 'Creeps,' while Lon mercilessly attacked her for her quite loud munching of Funions.  I also got to play around with some sound features so my computer could talk within the podcast.

I haven't decided yet if the next Movie Night is going to be September 24th or October 1st.  I'll keep you posted.  That night will be a combo of Peter Jackson's early works of 'Dead Alive' and 'Bad Taste.'

Due to a whole bunch of reasons, I had to split the movies into 2 separate websites. 

They both have links to each other.

'The Convent' podcast site.

The 'Night of the Creeps' podcast site.

And thanks to everyone that was able to attend, it was quite enjoyable.
-Azzy

Re: HM Movie Night 11 & 11.5 Recaps

Very cool. I know I've been wishy washy and have only been showing up for maybe an hour at the movie nights recently, but I'm going to try to be there for the whole Dead Alive/ Bad Taste!!

Dead Alive is great fun, good pick for a movie night.
And Bad Taste, suprisingly, I haven't yet seen! So this will be my first time watching it.

Last edited by The Creature (2011-09-14 18:22:11)

The Creature wrote:

Very cool. I know I've been wishy washy and have only been showing up for maybe an hour at the movie nights recently, but I'm going to try to be there for the whole Dead Alive/ Bad Taste!!

Dead Alive is great fun, good pick for a movie night.
And Bad Taste, suprisingly, I haven't yet seen! So this will be my first time watching it.

It's cool man, we know you have some electrical/internet issues, plus the work and family stuff.  You may show up late or just stay for a while, but at least you do show up.  big_smile

As for 'Bad Taste,' there are chainsaws, rocket launchers, and some unfortunate sheep.  And that only takes up about 5 minutes of the movie.  And Dereks, lots of Derek.

I enjoyed being there with you and lon even if he was how did you phrase it ? mercilessly attacking me for my eating of Funions and lack of movie knowledge. I really hope to be at the next one smile