Topic: Deadliest Warrior- Zombies vs. Vampires on TV Wednesday

There is a show on the Spike channel called 'Deadliest Warriors,' where they normally will do comparisons of old armies like Roman vs. Britain, etc.

Tomorrow they are doing "Zombies vs. Vampires" at 10 PM US Eastern time.  I thought you folks might be interested.

Re: Deadliest Warrior- Zombies vs. Vampires on TV Wednesday

big_smile I'll definitely be watching this one.

Sounds pretty interesting and fun. I'm wondering how they're going to pull this off? Thanks for the heads up, az!

No problem, Dogster.  The ones I've watched previously dealt with comparisons of weapons and tactics.  This one- man I have no idea.  Will be interesting to see if they pick one version of vamps and zombies, or have multiple comparisons.

I'm willing to bet it may be hordes vs finesse in the overall picture.

Who knows?

Should be interesting to watch.

I'll have to download it later.

I'm a fan of this show, though I've seen very little of this third season -- mostly because it conflicts with others shows I DVR during its time slot.  But I'll definitely be checking this one out.

Thanks for the heads up, Azzie. smile

I usually watch it every week and I'm really looking forwards to seeing this episode. To my knowledge this is the first time they've used fictional characters.

OK, that was pretty darn cool.  tarrbot was correct in his guess of zombie horde vs. superior skills of the vamps.  They broke it down fairly well, and I only have a few quibbles about the whole thing.  I was surprised that  **spoiler** the vamps only won by that little.  **end spoiler**.

Agreed.  Really close.  I think that's probably the closest end result they've ever had.  Less than 1%, I think it was?

But correct me if I'm wrong, but in the opening didn't they mention something about George Romero being on the show?  Because I didn't see him even once.  Maybe they just dropped his name but I thought for sure I heard them say he'd actually be on the show.

Ah, well.

Still a pretty good episode, though.

I seen bit of one episode from this show from Charlie Brookers 'You have been watching' where they hilariously put the Taliban against the IRA. During the fight the Taliban appeared to use slingshots.
I would love to see how they would put zombies against vampires. It is absolutely ridiculous. Vampires would of course win. They are so much faster and smarter. They could even perhaps turn into bats and just fly over the zombies if they got trapped. Plus vampires are sometimes depicted as living in castles among treacherous mountains where zombies would find it hard to travel.

The vampires would however, perhaps find it hard to find enough uninfected humans to feed on.

Last edited by Vasquez (2011-09-16 06:03:23)

LoudLon wrote:

Agreed.  Really close.  I think that's probably the closest end result they've ever had.  Less than 1%, I think it was?

But correct me if I'm wrong, but in the opening didn't they mention something about George Romero being on the show?  Because I didn't see him even once.  Maybe they just dropped his name but I thought for sure I heard them say he'd actually be on the show.

Ah, well.

Still a pretty good episode, though.

Yes, they did say Romero would be there.  My only guess is that they were planning on getting him for the live portion (the panel), and something happened and he wasn't available.

And they brought up something I had never thought of before- could vampires get infected by the zombie virus?

Vasquez wrote:

I seen bit of one episode from this show from Charlie Brookers 'You have been watching' where they hilariously put the Taliban against the IRA. During the fight the Taliban appeared to use slingshots.
I would love to see how they would put zombies against vampires. It is absolutely ridiculous. Vampires would of course win. They are so much faster and smarter. They could even perhaps turn into bats and just fly over the zombies if they got trapped. Plus vampires are sometimes depicted as living in castles among treacherous mountains where zombies would find it hard to travel.

The vampires would however, perhaps find it hard to find enough humans left with uninfected blood to feed on.

You should have watched it.  They dealt with everything you talked about.

I thought it was an awesome episode. My favorite so far. It sucks that Romero wasn't on there, but it was cool that they got Steve Niles to be on the show.

azathoth wrote:

And they brought up something I had never thought of before- could vampires get infected by the zombie virus?

That was the very first thing I thought of when they said one of the vampire's weapons would be their bite.  I thought, huh, if the zombie virus is transferred via bodily fluid, would that infect the vampire?

Then I remembered that vampires, like zombies, are undead.  Like a zombie bite, a vamp bite carries something akin to a virus which rids the victim's system of anything human, including the blood (which is why vamps don't feed on each other -- they need fresh, human blood, like zombies need fresh, human flesh). 

So in a manner of speaking there's nothing human or "alive" left once a person becomes a vampire.  So how can a zombie virus kill its victim and bring them back, if the victim is, for all intents and purposes, already dead?

And I find it interesting that they never really did address that.  Again, though -- a cool episode.  Definitely aimed more at us horror geeks than the typical Deadliest Warrior fan.

^^
We could do an entire dissertation on that topic.  The hardest part would be doing all the permutations on vampire and zombie lore.

Which is another thing I thought was interesting.  As far as permutations go, they opted to go with the "modern" vampire (fast, ferocious, like the ones from 30 Days of Night and Blade) but not the modern zombie (fast, ferocious, like the ones from Dawn of the Dead '04).

I think if they'd gone with either the fast moving zombie or the more classical style vampire, this fight would have come out a lot different.

EDIT:

You know what?  This discussions gives me an idea...

Last edited by LoudLon (2011-09-15 14:35:07)

I smell a new script coming...

No, that was just me farting.

But if you smell something else, it's probably the HM's Deadliest Warrior thread I just started. big_smile

Bummer, I missed it. I fell asleep...ZZZzzzzz....