Topic: HM's Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior: Round 1

Hello, everyone, and welcome to Round 1 of HM's Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior.  I've done my best to make the fights interesting, so hopefully they will lead to some spirited (but always respectful) discussion.

So, without further ado, this week's match will be:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/Shaun.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/VS.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/TarMan.jpg

Before voting, please remember THE RULES:

1. Vote objectively for who you think is deadlierThis is not a popularity contest.

2. Please be sure to comment below to explain why you came to your decision.  Those who do so, your votes will count as FIVE VOTES. 

Those who do not, or those whose explanations are in regards to the character's popularity rather than an objective comparing of the character's abilities (see rule #1), your vote will only count as ONE VOTE.

For further details on voting rules and what is expected of those who participate, please go here:  http://www.horror-movies.ca/Forum/viewt … 11#p566411

3. Voting will be open for seven days, at which time I'll post the results.

That just about covers it.  Have fun, and vote responsibly. big_smile

Re: HM's Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior: Round 1

Shaun.
Although he's a slacker and an unmotivated waster, when he needs to crack heads with his trusty cricket bat he's not going to stop until that undead sucker is a sticky patch on the pavement.

The bar has been set, indeed. smile

You better believe that happy crappy ( bonus cool points for anyone who gets the reference wink )

Tough one, but I eventually went with Tar Man.  Though Shaun is faster, he's not exactly a weapons master.  Whacking Tar with a cricket bat is not going to cut it.  Eventually Tar will wear out Shaun and have some tasty brains.

edit- just so you know, I didn't read Howdy's post first.  Did not want to be influenced by anyone else's opinion.

Last edited by azathoth (2011-09-16 20:04:03)

Shaun fought off swarms of zombies. Now with that experience he can handle one tar man.

Also, just as a reminder -- unexplained or popularity-based votes will only count as ONE VOTE each.  If you vote, please be sure to leave a comment explaining how you came to your decision, as Cap and Azzie have above; such votes will count as FIVE VOTES each.

Shaun: When in a pinch Shaun steps up to the plate. With his bat in one hand and rifle in the other, and that human survival instinct kicks in. The boy can do some real damage when some one he loves life is on the line. There lies the problem. Shaun is a bad ass, but only when others are dependent on him. When it's only his life at stake, I see the flight-not fight, instinct taking over, and Shaun ultimately seeking refuge, or just running away in a 1-1 situation.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Now on to, Tar Man: He's already dead and as mentioned "feels no pain." Brainless as Tar may be. That works to his advantage. You can knock the " Tar smile," outta him, and he still keeps coming back at you. And he's hungry. Not like the hunger we humans feel, but an insatiable hunger driven by primal instinct. Remember when you were drunk or stoned and would do ANYTHING for a Hersheys chocolate bar or a In-N- Out burger ? I do. Now imagine that craving...X 1000. Yea, that's what I'm talking about. Couple that craving/hunger with another thought in that brain of his: You smell like the tastiest food EVER imagined, and will taste like it too! Uh..Hu...You can bash my skull, crack my bones, stab or shoot me...but that bat of your's ain't shit. Your gonna need a gun or a big ass blade to shoot out my brains or decapitate me, if you even expect to win this battle. You ain't got either!!                                                                                                 Game over: Advantage goes to Tar Man.

Last edited by Underdog (2012-02-15 18:48:32)

I had to go with Shaun...he's proven he is a survivor and can get through a lot sticky siuations (including tar man). Thinking on his toes, using the weapons and environment at his disposal he will subdue his zombie opposition.

Shaun-  considering he loves to kill zombies I think he will have no trouble with Tarman.
He might find a few old records to take him out with  smile

Tarman.
While, Shaun may be good at bashing zombies, he could bash that sucker all night and he'll still come back for more. Unfortunately, Shaun appears to be a bit clumsy so he may miss a few times and Tarman will come straight in, crack open that egg head and feast on the gooey insides. Plus, Tarman is a sticky little fellow, so Shaun's bat may get stuck to Tarman and then he is done.

Last edited by Deth_Banger (2011-09-17 01:08:31)

Tar Man because even though Shaun is awesome and kills zombies, Tar Man is on another level he would be able to with stand the assault of Shaun and eventually when Shaun is weak Tar man would over take him

JJ -- be sure to vote in the poll above.  You're the third person to go with Tar Man, but only two votes are showing for him. wink

^actually that's four to go with Tar Man Lon.

I've gone for Shaun.

Yeah....okay, he may not be the sharpest tack in the box, but he's tenacious and innovative. He'll use his surroundings to his advantage, eventually cornering Tarman and blasting his brains out with the Winchester.

ChainSaW80 wrote:

^actually that's four to go with Tar Man Lon.

You're right -- I missed Undie's.

As I write this it's Shaun 5 (I've rescinded my own vote), Tar Man 4.

Shuan is up 7-4.

I'm going to go with Shaun. He might not be the baddest dude around but he always figures out a way to get the job done. Plus unlike Tarman he still has the ability to think and come up with ideas. Therefore I don't think he would have a problem outsmarting tarman and coming up with a way to kill him.

Shaun in the lead! Let's get some more votes guys. smile

Last edited by ChainSaW80 (2011-09-19 20:14:49)

You can't kill the zombies in Return of the Living Dead.. Tarman would win... the only even match with Tarman would be a nuclear bomb.

Plus Shaun sucks...

Shaun wins.

Tarman is awesome, and the 'Return of the Living Dead' zombies are extremely hard to kill. But Shaun has that aspect about him where he is able to accomplish most anything, and he's proved this in 'Shaun of the Dead' when fighting off hundreds of zombies (the bar scene in particular). He's a good problem solver, and although a cricket bat will certainly not do the job for Tarman, Shaun will figure something out.

Plus, despite his techniques and problem solving/leadership skills, he's a hero. And in movies, heros don't die. big_smile

^^ Good point, but I beg to differ Creature. What about the hero(s) in Feast. wink

Underdog wrote:

^^ Good point, but I beg to differ Creature. What about the hero(s) in Feast. wink

Well, okay, okay, despite a few of those 'weird' movies. tongue

I actually haven't seen Feast yet...shame on me. It's on my DVD list now...

The Creature wrote:
Underdog wrote:

The first one is awesome, Creature. As for the second & third installment...they don't even come close.

Underdog wrote:
The Creature wrote:
Underdog wrote:

The first one is awesome, Creature. As for the second & third installment...they don't even come close.

Just checked out the trailer, it does look like an epic creature flick. I may just have to watch it in parts on YouTube...

+ 1   Henry Rollins (the guy Lon wants to be like when he grows up) looks pretty funny in it!

Last edited by The Creature (2011-09-20 19:22:34)