Re: Last Documentary You Watched?

SW1134 wrote:

Bill Maher "Religulous"

Seen it three times now. Not counting times I put it on for background noise. Highly recommend.

Great doc, I've seen it like 10 times now.

Marijuana: A Chronic History

Paradise Lost was on hbo the other night and it was very intriguing! After watching it was still hard to draw my own conclusion but after reading some interesting facts over on the wm3 forum I find it hard to refute the boys innocents. Including the fact that two other men were suspects before them,  who left town the day after the murders, were arrested, given lie detector tests (which they failed). Not to mention the shady John Mark Byers and the trouble he has nearly been into since the murders.

Last edited by ChainSaW80 (2011-09-01 23:05:47)

^ Yeah well, that's a great infomercial for ya.  Mark Beyers has since been cleared.  They went after him hard (Supporters of the WM3 that is), especially in the second infomercial.  Since he was cleared, they are going after another Parent, Terry Hobbs.  Now he is the one.

Damien Echols took a polygraph as well.  Obviously it isn't admissible, but was very interesting.  I have the link to it if anyone is interested.

LoudLon wrote:

Nope, I never found anything further on a part 2 for Ban the Sadist Videos.  Sorry. hmm

Snuff: ADAKOF was the first documentary I'd seen in a long time that actually had me turning my head away from the screen.  Very fascinating doc, but as you said, hard to watch at times.

Most things like that don't bother me, but, whenever you bring children into the mix it's on a whole new level. That to me is the hardest part to watch.

Not sure if it's been mentioned here already...

Saw Double Dare.  About stunt women.  Very cool.  I love Zoe.  Had no idea of her history.  She's very cool.

Lon - Guessin you've seen this one.

I haven't, but not for lack of trying.  Where'd you find it?

<--- Love me some Zoe Bell.

Instant on Flix.  She is awesome.

Ah, crap.  I don't have Netflix. neutral

Halloween:The Inside Story

Ghostseeker wrote:

^ Yeah well, that's a great infomercial for ya.  Mark Beyers has since been cleared.  They went after him hard (Supporters of the WM3 that is), especially in the second infomercial.  Since he was cleared, they are going after another Parent, Terry Hobbs.  Now he is the one.

Damien Echols took a polygraph as well.  Obviously it isn't admissible, but was very interesting.  I have the link to it if anyone is interested.

Sure am interested in the link.

So you thinks the hobbs fellow may be guilty? Or the wm3? Just curious of other peoples opinions/theories.

I also read that in 2007 they, with updated technology, re-tested all the dna found at the original
crime scene and none could be linked to the the wm3. Ofcourse that doesn't really mean they didn't do but you can hardly sent someone to prison because you think their guilty.

Last edited by ChainSaW80 (2011-09-02 19:46:15)

I won't go into all of that but one thing I think actually is humorous about all this -- is that in Paradise Lost and Paradise Lost 2, Mark Beyers curses the WM3 as though he were God's Right Hand Himself, right?  Yet I learned when the plea went through and the WM3 were freed that Beyers had subsequently come to whole-heartedly believe in their innocence and had become a proponent for them.

Beyers has been, without a doubt, the most interesting and intriguing player in this entire debacle.  I'm normally good at reading people, especially those with mental/emotional problems -- but this dude has me completely stumped.  I've no idea where he's coming from.  And he probably doesn't, either. hmm

At any rate...

Last documentary I watched -- Dario Argento: An Eye for Horror

^^Prob some kind of new breed of manic-depressive. Unseen by modern medicine.

LoudLon wrote:

I won't go into all of that but one thing I think actually is humorous about all this -- is that in Paradise Lost and Paradise Lost 2, Mark Beyers curses the WM3 as though he were God's Right Hand Himself, right?  Yet I learned when the plea went through and the WM3 were freed that Beyers had subsequently come to whole-heartedly believe in their innocence and had become a proponent for them.

Beyers has been, without a doubt, the most interesting and intriguing player in this entire debacle.  I'm normally good at reading people, especially those with mental/emotional problems -- but this dude has me completely stumped.  I've no idea where he's coming from.  And he probably doesn't, either. hmm

At any rate...

Last documentary I watched -- Dario Argento: An Eye for Horror

I heard that also...very strange. Also read that his wife/gf was found dead with with track marks on her feet and arms among other places in 1996.

Last edited by ChainSaW80 (2011-09-02 20:26:08)

Yeah, Beyers is an interesting character.  You are right Lon, sometime after #2 Beyers changed wind and stated he didn't think the WM3 did it.  After this some (most that I know of) of the WM3 supporters stopped saying beyers did it.  Then they went after Hobbs instead.

Chainsaw.  Yes I think they are guilty.  I will PM you that link.

Back to Double Dare -- after some searching I was able to find a copy via Megaupload.  It'll be finished DLing in about 16 minutes. big_smile

I woulda been surprised if you couldn't find it.  smile 

I was intrigued by how similar Zoe was in this documentary compared to Death Proof.  That may sound stupid, and I don't know exactly how to explain it.  Like in Death Proof she wasn't really acting, was just being herself.  I mean that in a good way.

Anyway, it's not all about her, but she's in it quite a bit.

Yeah, Tarantino wrote her role in Death Proof specifically for her, after having met her and cast her as Uma Thurman's double in Kill Bill. 

She's also in Inglourious Basterds; when Landa throws the female German double agent to the ground to strangle her, you can see clear as day it's Zoe Bell. lol

Machete Maidens Unleashed. Cool shit, I tell you. Roger Corman is my idol, lol.

^ I been looking for that one...

Not Quite Hollywood -- About the surge of Ozploitation films in the 70's and 80's. Made my list of movies to see even bigger lol.  A good watch. I recommend, a lot of commentary with aussi filmmakers and QT also!

Fear of God - The Making of The Exorcist.

Realized a piece of trivia I spouted back when we had this flick on Movie Night was wrong.  I said director William Friedkin had slapped star Ellen Burstyn before shooting a scene to get a more dramatic performance from her, when it was actually the real life priest/actor who gave Karras his final rights after his climactic tumble down the steps.

In my own defense, however, he did pull an equally painful trick on Burstyn (she was complaining about a pull wire pulling her too hard to the floor, so Friedkin directed the stunt coordinator to pull her even harder, which resulted in her being injured -- and which is the actual take used in the film) so I was, y'know, kind of right. lol

It Might Get Loud

Short doc. on Mark Twain.

Video Nasties - a very good documentry done by Jake West.  Damn, if it didn't bring back some great memories of watching videos back in the 80's.  I am also so very glad that over here, we didn't have to put up with the  crap that the blokes accross the pond did.  Mary Whitehouse, what a f**king Cee U Next Tuesday!

"The Tillman Story", really powerful.  He was quite a guy...and so is the courageousness of his family in the quest for truth.

Before that, I saw "Hot Coffee".  Another powerful documentary on the dangers arbitration procedures over actual hearings and trials.  The film also went into the real details about the "McDonalds lawsuit".

I highly recommend watching both of these films.

Kurt Cobain: About A Son