Topic: Beware "Blue Underground" Dario Argento Blu Rays

I have ordered Deep Red and Inferno THREE times now, from three different sellers on Amazon.ca and each time I received the new Dario Argento Blu Rays they were blank discs with cheap LightScribe graphics lasered over the front. You can literally see through these so-called "Blu Rays" and no device will even register or see them. My PS3, My two Blu Ray players, my PC, my Laptop...none of them will read either disc. It doesn't seem to be the sellers ripping me off, but instead the manufacturer. So this is a warning, anything made by Blue Underground should be purchased with extreme caution. I researched and they are the licensed manufacturers for Dario Argento's new Blu Ray transfers of his classic films. But I will be sticking with DVD copies until they can sell proper transfers that actually work.

Re: Beware "Blue Underground" Dario Argento Blu Rays

man that blows but thanks for the warning Doc. Does amazon know about this and can they do anything.

I'm still working on whether it was Import Cd's fault or Blue Underground. I have read similar complaints off site though. Amazon doesn't  mention this issue in its comment section yet, but some horror forum members of Dread Central and Bloody Disgusting have had the same issue with "cheap ass dvds and blurays' from Blue Underground. I am trying to get to the bottom of this as it is not only a disgrace to customers, but to Dario Argento himself who takes such precision and craftsmanship in his films. To have his cinematography butchered or not even represented is a travesty to film lovers and all those involved in making these films.

Last edited by Doctor_Pepper (2011-06-30 20:12:33)

I've never purchased Blu-Rays from Blue Underground - but I've always been impressed with the company's work and the treatments they give their regular DVD releases. I would have to assume they are not aware of this - most likely just a manufacturing defect from their supplier.

Last edited by deadhorse13 (2011-06-30 20:13:59)

^^^
I've not bought any of BU's Blu-rays, but this is the first time I've heard bad things about them.  Interesting, I will have to keep this in mind for the future.  Thanks for the heads-up.

they've always put a lot of care and effort into everything they've ever put out.
Even the "crap" LOL
Director William (Maniac) Lustig is one of the founders

Thanks for the warning, this is surprising. Blue Underground's DVD's are top notch.

Good look, will have to remember that in my search for new movies.

Mental !!!  But thankfully my B.U. PROWLER rocks.  Too bad about DEEP RED... would've liked that one.

interesting.  I got a Region 1 Reservoir Dogs Blu-ray from the UK and it won't play in my PS3 but will in my Samsung Blu-ray player.  could it be something like this that is messed up.

I owned (before I sold my blu ray collection only to start rebuying) Deep Red and Inferno and they both worked fine and were in top quality condition.  Never looked better.