Re: HM's Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior: Round 1

ChainSaW80 wrote:

Shaun in the lead! Let's get some more votes guys. smile

Remember, this not supposed to be a popularity contest.

Sorry Az, I should clarify that I was just bumping the thread so everyone made sure to vote...for whomever they wanted.

Cool, cool.

Two more days to get your votes in, folks.  This Friday's match-up's gonna be a good 'un. big_smile

Last day for voting folks, so get with it.  Can't believe this thread has over 500 views and only 14 votes...

C'mon!

^^
That's because I wrote a script to visit this page once an hour to confuse you.  big_smile
(No, not really)

Damn you, Salazar!!!

Khan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, folks, voting time is over.  The results of HM's Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior, Round 1:

Shaun, 8 total votes:
7 explained votes x 5 points = 35
1 unexplained vote x 1 point = 1
Total: 36 Votes

Tar Man, 5 total votes
5 explained votes x 5 points = 25
Total: 25 votes

Winner: SHAUN

Thanks to all those who participated in this round, and look for Round 2, which will be up shortly. smile

EDIT:  Heh.  Okay, I actually HAVE to vote if I want to see poll results LOL  So FYI, in future I'll always vote for the 1st option, so everyone can fairly know which opponent's total to deduct mine from.

Yeesh...

Or add a 3rd option "Lon's vote to view the poll" wink

^good call Cap.

Not a bad idea, but you just know there's going to be some smart ass who'll vote that instead of for one of the fighters...

So? If they want to waste their vote......

Cap Howdy wrote:

So? If they want to waste their vote......

Listen to the wisdom Lon, for he speaks British.  big_smile

Shaun wins!

Looking forward to Round 2, Lon.

Round 2 is already up, C...

http://www.horror-movies.ca/Forum/viewt … p?id=28779

LoudLon wrote:

Not a bad idea, but you just know there's going to be some smart ass who'll vote that instead of for one of the fighters...

Dam!  Foiled again!  big_smile

Okay, so, we're now three months into Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior so I figured I can chime in with my two cents on these previous matches.  Plus, I'm kinda bored and have nothing to do and have the whole day open. lol

I love the Tar Man character and think he's one of, if not the, best and creepiest zombies to ever be featured in a horror flick.  Plus, the ROTLD zombies aren't like Romero/most other zombies; a bullet in the head doesn't kill them.  They need to be completely destroyed and reduced to either pieces or ash to be fully rid of.  BUT, as witnessed in ROTLD, a zombie can be rendered useless if you remove its head; be it the freezer zombie or Tar Man himself, once their block is knocked off all that's left is a headless body to run around.  And while said headless body can still cause you a bunch o' trouble, it's more of an annoyance than anything because a  headless body can't eat your brains LOL

So, I see Shaun knocking Tar Man's noodle off with his cricket bat like Clu Gulager did with a baseball bat.  Tar Man might not be really "dead" (though that's a subjective term when you're talking about a zombie) but he wouldn't really be a threat afterward.

My take: Shaun wins.

Now, I'm off to Round 2. lol

Yeah, I see no problem with you chiming in after the voting is in.

azathoth wrote:

Yes I like to put Harris’s song MacArthur Park on repeat Then I sit in a bath tub half full of warm tartar sauce while I touch myself and cry. What’s wrong with it?

Nothing, He’ll never have that recipe again.

Last edited by swollenguy (2012-01-16 18:24:41)