Re: Grave Encounters

^^
"I only work here 1 month."  "Here's $20."  HA!

And for once there was not too much herky jerky on the POV shots, thank Cthulhu.  Considering they used the AfterFX bit in the trailer, eh.  The other FX were nice.

*** Spoiler  ***
I'm not sure I like the whole 'warped into a ghost dimension' or whatever it was.  The whole 'sun never rises', warping layout, etc.  I think it would have been more effective if they couldn't bust open the front doors, the sun rose, and when the caretaker came to let them out, somehow he gets sucked in and the doors relock themselves.  And when they get to the tunnel, let them get to a new building- doesn't mean that one isn't haunted, too.  But hindsight and all that.
*** End spoilers ***

Azathoth - I thought that was funny too. I thought the main guy was bit of a douche but there were some cracking funny lines in there. But saying that, a lot of people on 'real life' ghost hunting shows come across as twats too, so maybe it made it more realistic smile Her screaming did get a bit much though big_smile

SPOILER DOWN THERE
I really loved that they couldn't get out, and when they burst through the door it was just another corridor. I thought that was a nice touch, made it feel a lot more creepy. Plus I thought the hospital armbands, and the guy going missing and being in hospital clothes when they found him was great. Wasn't too keen on the whole no sunrise shebang though.
SPOILER DONE

Here’s a ghost hunting in a hospital story Moh and I did a long time ago. It was on the fly and unedited.
http://www.horror-movies.ca/Forum/viewt … 04#p404304

@HQ- ah, the armbands.  If that happened to me, even I would get freaked out.  With the exception of the screaming, I've found the film to have nice replay value.  Watched it 3 times so far (all late at night, which has given Vampy some 'interesting' dreams, lol )

Watched this last night, not even a big found footage fan, but still thought it was better than anything this year, kudos to the vicious brothers.

swollenguy wrote:

Here’s a ghost hunting in a hospital story Moh and I did a long time ago. It was on the fly and unedited.
http://www.horror-movies.ca/Forum/viewt … 04#p404304

I remember this.. miss writing with you Swollen smile

doc_notter wrote:

Watched this last night, not even a big found footage fan, but still thought it was better than anything this year, kudos to the vicious brothers.

I am definately going to keep an eye out for more Vicious Brothers films

Yeah I would freak the hell out if that happened to me with the wristbands. Such a little touch but it made it infinitely more creepy.

I'll be looking out for more of their work too. I haven't re-watched it yet but I will be doing at some point, I always like finding new things in films on the 2nd/3rd time round.

Just saw this.  Thanks HQ!  Thought it was pretty good.  Thought it started well, then in the middle bordered on kinda dumb, then actually got better.  Finished strong.  That's my official sounding review...why I don't write reviews.  big_smile  There were some cool parts, and one that actually made me jump.  Overall, good flick.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2011-11-03 01:11:47)

No probs Ghost, glad you enjoyed it! The only bits I didn't like were the bloody screaming big_smile

One of the best found footage films I've ever seen I think, for me it was much better than Blair Witch

Have you seen Zero Day?  It was an amazing film.  Probably the best made Found Footage I've seen.  Not really Horror, more like a Thriller.  I thought it was very realistic.  The acting was perfect.  Check it out if you haven't.  It is sad and disturbing.

I haven't seen that Ghost, I'll go check it out. Gonna have a lot of time over the next couple of weeks to watch horror so I'm looking for flicks to put into my line-uo!

I'll second Zero Day. Awesome flick.

I IMDB'd Zero Day and it looks good, I'm really interested in true crime/criminology so it looks really interesting

Love Grave Encounters, i will be purchasing it as soon as it is released..

Wow, I was pretty impressed.  I haven't watched a lot of new horror, most of it disappoints but this was actually really good!

Thanks for the suggestion.