Topic: POLL: Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior, Round 2

Welcome to Round 2 of HM's Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior.  This week's match-up:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/Freddy.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/VS.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/Candyman.jpg

I thought this would be an interesting match considering both characters have similar abilities: they can both kill through the power of suggestion, they both have the ability to walk the line between reality and the imaginary, and they both have bad-ass right hand appendages. lol
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before voting, please remember THE RULES:

1. Vote objectively for who you think is deadlier.  This is not a popularity contest.

2. Please be sure to comment below to explain why you came to your decision.  Those who do so, your votes will count as FIVE VOTES. 

Those who do not, or those whose explanations are in regards to the character's popularity rather than an objective comparing of the character's abilities (see rule #1), your vote will only count as ONE VOTE.

3. Voting will be open for seven days, at which time I'll post the results.

Have fun, and vote responsibly. big_smile

Re: POLL: Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior, Round 2

Krueger because he can enter your dreams, Candyman can only be summoned. Not to mention that Freddy is as strong if not stronger than Candyman.

I would say Freddy because he can change and effect anything he wants to when he's in a dream which gives him the upper hand.

Dammit.. I can't say cause I've never seen Candy Man..

Id say Freddy because first he seems more sadistic, second he can enter your dreams and attack you when you are defenseless, and three because you cant hide from him

Freddy For sure-  He can manipulate dreams and even come back with you when you wake up.
He always knows your worst fear and uses it against you.

Ms45 wrote:

Go watch it (you won't be disappointed) then come back and vote. big_smile

I have a stupid question...I was under the assumption that the two chosen characters would do battle in a fight to the death or what have you. Now that said, you make sure to remind us to vote for who we think is the "deadliest". So do vote solely on that or who would win in a battle? Because when I think of who is deadlier, I think which is deadlier in general and not who is deadlier in a battle against each other.

Now, in a fight I would put my money on Candyman. I love Freddy but his ability to invade your nightmares wouldn't do him much good against another dead man...this would be a flat out brawl and Candyman would wipe the floor with him.

Last edited by ChainSaW80 (2011-09-23 21:01:18)

I can see where there might be some confusion -- like, who's deadlier to their victims?  But I don't think that would be much fun, or very interesting, because Freddy Krueger may have a higher body count than Candyman but a dead victim is a dead victim, y'know?

So yeah, the idea, like on Spike TV's Deadliest Warrior which "inspired" these matches, is to see who would win in a head-to-head versus fight, after taking into consideration each's weapons, abilities and weaknesses.  I would have liked to have had a more detailed "tale of the tape" for each but the "motivational poster" app I use shrinks the text the more you add to it, so you guys are stuck with the bare essentials. lol

Assuming Freddy said Candyman five times(The only way they could get into a fight) An important thing to consider is that freddy may be able to enter the dreams of the living, (ordinary humans), but wold he be able have the same effect with candyman(a reincarnated man) who cant be killed by ordinary physical or physiological means(he is eternal). If Freddy did appear in his dream Candyman wouldn't be afraid of him. If Nancy can think of a way of bringing him into the real world im sure Candyman could think of something and then do some serious damage. Im going Candyman.

Last edited by Vasquez (2011-09-26 19:09:47)

Well...I won't be really original here, but it is my opinion.  Freddy!  Candyman can't hide from him.  Freddy would rip Candyman apart in his dreams.  If they did do battle in the awake world, Freddy can skirt the line between the real and subconscious...Candyman wouldn't know what was going on.

DirtyGirl wrote:

Freddy For sure-  He can manipulate dreams and even come back with you when you wake up.
He always knows your worst fear and uses it against you.

haha can i just watch the trailer and then come back and vote?

LoudLon wrote:

I can see where there might be some confusion -- like, who's deadlier to their victims?  But I don't think that would be much fun, or very interesting, because Freddy Krueger may have a higher body count than Candyman but a dead victim is a dead victim, y'know?

So yeah, the idea, like on Spike TV's Deadliest Warrior which "inspired" these matches, is to see who would win in a head-to-head versus fight, after taking into consideration each's weapons, abilities and weaknesses.  I would have liked to have had a more detailed "tale of the tape" for each but the "motivational poster" app I use shrinks the text the more you add to it, so you guys are stuck with the bare essentials. lol

Yes...thanks Lon. Sorry im not familiar with the show on spike but you got what I was sayin. Anyways in that case I have to go with Candyman. In a battle between two bitter characters of similar fate and abilities, freddy is a piss ant compared to Candyman, he crushes him! cool

I have to go with, Freddy, although the Candyman is built like a brick-house, Freddy can shape-shift into pretty much anything so he could decimate the Candyman. That is, if he can stay in the dream world, other-wise he is pretty much f**ked! big_smile

This is a tough one........but my vote goes with Candyman.

Freddy has the ability to shapeshift and manipulate his surroundings, but they are limited to the dream world........does the Candyman dream??? I don't think he does.

In the physical world, Candyman has the height and weight advantage and he would gut Freddy like a fish!

Result - Candyman wins! FATALITY!! cool

Once again, I did not read anyone else's replies, nor have I voted yet to see the current results.

I have a problem here.  There are 2 ways to take this fight- corporeal and dream land.  I'm going to have to go with corporeal since I have no idea if Candyman sleeps.

In NoES 2, Freddy was able to manipulate the corporeal world (see the pool party) with flaming torches, moving objects, etc.  Candyman has his bee attack.  In Freddy vs. Jason, Freddy gets sliced up fairly badly, but keeps on tickin'.  I don't recall Candyman ever getting an ass whoopin', so I'm at a loss there.  Now Candyman does have the transportation power in the real world, but how quick is it?

I see Candyman's bee attack to be ineffective, either through Freddy frying them somehow or just being immune to them.  The hook is a good gutting weapon, but Freddy is fast.  On the other side, I see Freddy having to do a large amount of damage on Candy before he slows down.

In the end, I see Freddy chipping at the edges, but eventually Candy get a kill shot.
CANDY

Freddy for me, because he can enter your freakin' dreams! Candyman has got to sleep and dream, surely? And that would be when he is most vulnerable, and Freddy would rip the shiz out of Candyman there!

Also, I think Freddy's claw would decimate Candyman and although Candy's hook is an awesome tool for opening someone up, the claw would rip him to shreds. One swipe in the face and Candy wouldn't even be able to aim for Freddy!

Plus Freddy just plain looks scarier hmm

Freddy: His ability to shape shift would be a huge factor in beating his foe. For instance: Freddy could make CM believe he's standing there in front of him. Where as FK is actually behind him and then slash CM with his razor glove.Freddy could manipulate and shape shift to make CM thinks he's seeing something that's not really there. For instance: 12 Freddys. When in actuality FK has shape shifted and has blended in with the wall paper. "Slash...off with CM's head!" As for entering his dreams! Not gonna work on CM! CM doesn't sleep. Same with his weakness of a foe not fearing him. CM fears no one! So it all comes down to abilities & weapon usage.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Candy Man: He's a big boy, tall & strong! One advantage CM has that FK doesn't, is the ability to hypnotize his potential victim. Question is, would this work on FG? I say yes! CM could use that ability to hypnotize FK into using that razor glove on himself, and slicing & dicing himself to pieces. Or, even thinking FK sliced up his opponent, when in reality, he never even came close. Then hook FK in the head, or where ever he pleases. Out goes the lights Freddy! As for CM limitations. FK also doesn't know fear! No help there!!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                This match-up could last a very long time. How long? I can't even speculate? These two monsters are both head strong, deadly,  fearless, manipulative, cunning, and just plain ol' mean mother fuckers! Given that: it's a tough call??? But, IMO I think Freddy comes up victorious. Some how - some way, Freddy "out smarts" CM in the end.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        " All hail, Freddy!"

Last edited by Underdog (2012-02-15 18:51:12)

Ms45 wrote:

Same here

Like with Jason I think it depends on where they fight it out. The dream realm your ass belongs to Freddy. But CM in a vengeful spirit in the real world and being already dead and active in the natural world is an upper hand.  Jason was dead too but like Freddy confined to physical form in the real world.

Since ghosts don’t sleep and Freddy can be dragged out to real life and physical form I’ll give it to the Candy man in the natural world.

In dream world Freddy wins. But since it would take a convoluted storyline to get Candy to the dream world I am going with Candy man as my final answer.

Some of these replies have me thinking...in future, would it be easier for you guys to decide if I also gave an arena for the two opponents to fight in?  Like say, in a sewer, or in an open field, or in a pub (lol) or something?

Let me know.

^I think in certain cases (like this one) it wouldnt be a bad idea. I would naturally assume that the battle wouldn't take place in some alternate reality, but in a real world environment. But I guess it depends on how you view the situation.

^ ^  I think it's better not to give a location / realm.  That's part of what makes it fun, figuring their history and how they would dictate where the fight it.  Plus you could be inadvertently giving someone the edge.

Voting for this round is now over.  The results:

Freddy: 9 votes (10, minus my vote so I could see the results). 
8 explained, 1 unexplained
8 explained x 5 points each = 40
1 unexplained x 1 point each = 1
Total points: 41

Candyman: 5 votes
All explained
5 explained x 5 points each = 25
Total points: 25

This week's winner: Freddy Krueger

My take:

I liked the idea of this fight because it pits two otherworldly bogey man against one another.  They were both killed and returned as supernatural beings, they both have the ability to twist your perceptions and string you along like a marionette (in Freddy's case, literally, as in ANOES 3 lol ) and they both weaken if their victims don't fear them.

That said, in order for these two to ever meet, Candyman would have to have been summoned (at which point he'd appear at full power) and Freddy would have to have been pulled out of the dream world and into the real world (where his powers are significantly weaker).  Candyman would have his ability to hypnotize, but Freddy's ability to manipulate wouldn't exist because he's no longer in a domain he has control over.

So, when it comes down to it, Candyman would be at full power while Krueger would be a mere shadow of his more powerful dream-world self -- in which case Candyman would rip him apart.  That's my take.

So, thanks to everyone who participated.  I hope you had fun.  Round 3 will be up momentarily. smile