Topic: POLL: Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior, ROUND 3

Welcome to Round 3 of HM's Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior.  This week's match-up:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/Jack.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/VS.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/Norman.jpg

I thought this would be an interesting match because both characters suffer hallucinations which seriously affect their personalities, and both are utterly, bat-shit insane. lol

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before voting, please remember THE RULES:

1. Vote objectively for who you think is deadlier.  This is not a popularity contest.

2. Please be sure to comment below to explain why you came to your decision.  Those who do so, your votes will count as FIVE VOTES

Those who do not, or those whose explanations are in regards to the character's popularity rather than an objective comparing of the character's abilities (see rule #1), your vote will only count as ONE VOTE.

3. Voting will be open for seven days, at which time I'll post the results.

Have fun, and vote responsibly. smile

Re: POLL: Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior, ROUND 3

Norman is cunning and indirect.  He is like a stalker.

Jack went crazy.  He would come right at you.

I see Norman engaging Jack, making him feel like he has a friend.  Then Norman would wait for his opportunity and take out Jack.  Stabbing him to death of course.

Norman wins.

FYI...somehow I managed to hit the wrong button above.  So I voted for Jack but meant Norman.  Sorry.

Jack wins. He's got an axe, something that has longer reach then a butcher knife.
Norman also seems a bit wimpy, physically, where Jack seems a little bit more able to kick ass.
And while Norman may be a bit more cunning, Jack makes up for this in energy, enthusiasm, and physicality which all go to defeating Bates - who is also, I might add, a momma's boy.

So my vote goes to Jack.

Like Ghost said Norman’s a clever opportunistic killer. But mano a mano Jack would mop the floor with him.
I give it to Jack

Ghostseeker wrote:

FYI...somehow I managed to hit the wrong button above.  So I voted for Jack but meant Norman.  Sorry.

No worries.  I'll remember that when tallying the final votes. smile

Let's see, Torrance has some ghost buddies, while Norman has a mummified mom.  Bates in confines he knows well, and uses that to sneaky goodness.  Jack is not subtle and just tears through doors and such.  Both are completely bonkers, but in different ways.  Jack is just raging against the machine, while Norman is working out mommy issues. 

I'm going to have to go with the axe full of hate fuel (receding hairline or not) over the subtle blade.  Verdict- Jack.

This is one great match up!! The way I see it is: They both know they're up against one another to the death. Only one loony will walk away blood spattered, but still alive. I envision the battle taking place in a run down, 2 story, Victorian style, abandoned Bed-n-Breakfast.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            let's start with, Jack. Coming into this face-off: Jack's already hammered on alcohol. I don't think this works to his disadvantage, but it could. Being a long time alcoholic, Jack can handle his booze. He's smart & cunning enough to know that this is a matter of life or death situation. Drunk or not he's still pretty focused and on a mission. Armed with his weapon of choice, a sharp axe, he's ready to stalk, seek, and destroy. Jack's also being vocal while stalking his prey. Blurting out put downs about Norman's mommy, calling Norman a big pussy, and just stoking the fire burning deep in the mind of Norman. Confident in the fact that, if he can lure Norman out of the shadows. Jack can get a few good whacks in before, Norman even knows what hits him.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        On to Norman: Poor old tortured Normy. Not sure why he's been pitted against such a worthy foe in the first place? But that don't matter to Norman! All he knows is one thing. He's not gonna be denied of another kill, in the name of his mom. The voice in his head has given Norman the fuel to want...no, to have to kill this man who's looking to steal away the love & affection only mom can give. Norman just can't get his mom's looming voice out of his head. " Norman...Norman, what are you made of? Are you a man or a mouse...Norman?" With his brain ready to burst, fists clenched to the point where Norman is white knuckled, heart ready to beat out of his chest: Norman's ready!! He stalks his opponent prepared to plunge his blade deep into the heart of his victim. Down the halls, he treads lightly. Attempting to use the element of surprise as his advantage, as he's did sooo many times. And won!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Jack's voice is heard by, Norman. Taunting him to the point of rage. Norman now begins hearing the voices in his head. Preaching Norman to utter double insanity. Norman then freezes for a split second, in the hallway on the second story. Wrestling with the voices in his brain. Attempting to calm the voices. Out of no where...Jack walks out of a room. Still taunting, torturing ol' Norman. Norman begins to run at, Jack. Butcher knife wielded in hand. Like a bull coming outta the gate in a bull fight. Jack's laughing wildly! Norman get's about a foot away from, Jack. Blade held high. But, before Norman can plunge his blade into Jack. Jack pulls out his axe from behind his back. Takes a side swing full force, and hits a "HOME RUN!" Blood gushing, guts spewing...jack takes a hold of Norman...and gives the dying Norman a big wet kiss, goodbye.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Winner, winner, chicken dinner. Jack walks away victorious.

Last edited by Underdog (2012-02-15 18:57:45)

^ That's some bang-up break-downing. big_smile

LoudLon wrote:

^ That's some bang-up break-downing. big_smile

No shit!

^ There are quite a few really good, and great writers here who have inspired me to do so wink   Plus I'm pretty damn bored  big_smile

Underdog wrote:

^ There are quite a few really good, and great writers here who have inspired me to do so wink   Plus I'm pretty damn bored  big_smile

Well said; we have published writers, people who have released actual films, a bunch of artists, some musicians, and then bums like me. lol

How can you be bored, there is a riveting Utah St.-BYU football game on ESPN!  (ha!)

Jack Torrance. He seems more aggressive and his weapon of choice (the axe) is further reaching than Bate's knife.

azathoth wrote:
Underdog wrote:

Well said; we have published writers, people who have released actual films, a bunch of artists, some musicians, and then bums like me. lol

How can you be bored, there is a riveting Utah St.-BYU football game on ESPN!  (ha!)

I've been out ranked by, Mrs UD. Who's watching CSI. Lucky for her I'm in "shoe shine boy," character. And she cooked a yummy dinner too! But, there's always ESPN. She's gotta sleep some time tonight, right.

Not a fan of CSI:NY?  Hmm, I like the Gary Sinise character (boss man, ex-marine).  Of course, I DVR almost everything besides sports (get to skip the commercials that way).

This has been the easiest one to pick so far. I went with Jack because he is more violently psychotic than Bates. His rage didn't help him to kill his wife and son but I think he will have no problem dispatching Bates...Jack for the win.

Jack because he went crazy but went completely crazy but Norman was only a killer when he was "mother" so i have to say they were be a tiny bit of hesitant to Norman and thats when Jack would take the final blow and win

winner: Jack

I find it interesting that this has turned out to be so one-sided a vote.  Sure, Torrance is a raving lunatic, but Mama Bates is devious and sneaky. 

So I guess it really comes down to where one imagines the fight happening, eh?

LoudLon wrote:

I find it interesting that this has turned out to be so one-sided a vote.  Sure, Torrance is a raving lunatic, but Mama Bates is devious and sneaky. 

So I guess it really comes down to where one imagines the fight happening, eh?

Kind of like the Freddy vs Candy fight- where does it take place, what are the parameters, etc.  But this is not a controlled scientific study (which would be cool), so you go with what you think is most plausible.  Going by the explanations, you don't really see any WTF explanations for picks.

True.  And I appreciate that folks are taking a moment to look at the fights objectively.  So often these things tend to diminish into popularity contests, and that, to me, is no fun at all.

I only got one response the last time I mentioned it, but if it helps or amps up the entertainment factor, I could always include an arena for each fight.  Or maybe even a set-up, which might have helped the Freddy/Candyman fight now that I think of it. 

Something like:

"Freddy has been pulled into the real world by a potential victim who, it so happens, recently summoned Candyman.  Each think they have dibs on her tender flesh -- and only one of them is going to walk away with it."

lol

Anyway, you get what I'm saying.  Personally I don't mind either way, set-up/arena or no.  I'll let you guys decide.

You got two responses!  One for, one against.  Does everyone have me on the ignore list?!?!?  smile

Believe it or not, yours was the one I was referring to.  I didn't even notice a second one. lol

I say "yes," to the arena/set-up.

LoudLon wrote:

True.  And I appreciate that folks are taking a moment to look at the fights objectively.  So often these things tend to diminish into popularity contests, and that, to me, is no fun at all.

I only got one response the last time I mentioned it, but if it helps or amps up the entertainment factor, I could always include an arena for each fight.  Or maybe even a set-up, which might have helped the Freddy/Candyman fight now that I think of it. 

Something like:

"Freddy has been pulled into the real world by a potential victim who, it so happens, recently summoned Candyman.  Each think they have dibs on her tender flesh -- and only one of them is going to walk away with it."

lol

Anyway, you get what I'm saying.  Personally I don't mind either way, set-up/arena or no.  I'll let you guys decide.

Im all for a setup/arena...I just wouldn't want to turn this into to much of  a job for ya smile

LoudLon wrote:

Oops, Stoopid Monkey missed that post.  Picking a setting is probably more important when characters with supernatural abilities/alternate dimensions get involved.  For this one- it's 2 human guys, they meet somewhere, doesn't really matter where.  Wishmaster vs. Pinhead would need a little background. (I hope I didn't ruin anything there big_smile )

Nope.  In fact, It never even occurred to me to include the Djinn in this. lol

Season 2, maybe...?