Re: Paranormal Activity 3.

HorrorQueen17 wrote:

The thing is the first one had just enough about it to make it different, but they are going to follow the exact same formula again and again just for money. No creativity in that, only greed.

Sounds just like another series of pointless sequels that supposedly wrapped up this last year with its seventh installment, doesn't it? wink

I watched the trailer. It looks awful. It looks like they are gonna use cliched scare tactics in this one.

It looks more of the same, just A LOT more, which I'm cool with. My girl's a fan of these so I'm sure I'll end up seeing this one, but compared to the first two, which were just cheap scare tactics over and over, at least this one seems to have a bit more happening in it. Looks like the best of the bunch.

ah shit! another one? well I know the kids I work with will be wanting to go see this one.

I just saw the trailer on tv..  seems like these girls have had a vdeo/home movie fetish from a young age..lol

the scene where the girls are filming their 'Bloody Mary" attempt was eh..ok

alien25 wrote:

Sounds just like another series of pointless sequels that supposedly wrapped up this last year with its seventh installment, doesn't it? wink

Point well made, but Saw are my guilty pleasure films!

Meh posted a new Trailer in Horror News.  I hadn't seen it.  Very cool.  Looking forward to this movie.

So Bloody Mary is the cause of all this?  Or did I get an incorrect read on the trailer?

Yes, it is that elusive dam Bloody Mary!

Which reminds me of a 'rip off' of the Bloody Mary legend.  College kids in a cabin, they do the Bloody Mary thing, and one gets possessed by Mary.  Anyone remember the name of this one.  For once I'm drawing a blank.

Ghostseeker wrote:

well if its tying all the films together as it hints at.. then perhaps the Grandmother sold their souls to Bloody Mary ?  tongue

azathoth wrote:

Which reminds me of a 'rip off' of the Bloody Mary legend.  College kids in a cabin, they do the Bloody Mary thing, and one gets possessed by Mary.  Anyone remember the name of this one.  For once I'm drawing a blank.

Urban Legends: Bloody Mary ?

MistressOf Horror wrote:
Ghostseeker wrote:

well if its tying all the films together as it hints at.. then perhaps the Grandmother sold their souls to Bloody Mary ?  tongue

At first I thought you were being serious!  big_smile

MistressOf Horror wrote:
azathoth wrote:

Urban Legends: Bloody Mary ?

No, but you sparked a memory.

It's called 'Dead Mary.'

Thanks!  MoH rocks the house once again.  big_smile

edit- it's not a bad film.  Some of the characters are annoying (what's new?) and they make some dumb decisions (wait, really?), but worth a watch if you have nothing better going on.  6/10.

Last edited by azathoth (2011-10-02 13:52:29)

I agree with who say that sequels are made for money. I liked the first Paranormal, it's a good film, not so much the second, so confuse. I've not may expectations on this film, but never say never (the direction is not so bad, Joost and Schulman, directors of Catfish).

I'm down. Love the first, really liked the second, and hopes for the 3rd. Also hoping this is the last one. Too many sequels kill a franchise.

Okay, so I went to see Paranormal Activity 3 after work this past Friday on opening night. I must say I absolutely love the first two so I just couldn't wait to see the third. So, of course the theatre was PACKED and I kid you not - we left 20 mins into the film ... and the kicker is that the movie (so far) was awesome!!!

It's the freakin' movie talkers that spoil it! Every time a door would slam or a loud bang would happen, the whole theatre would SCREAM and then discuss it for the next five minutes. You couldn't even hear the film. So we ended up leaving and getting our money back. I'm hoping to go back sometime this week or next to see it again. I think I'll try a Thursday afternoon or something.

I'm trying to avoid this Thread cuz I'm hoping to see this Thursday.

lovelybones wrote:

It's the freakin' movie talkers that spoil it! Every time a door would slam or a loud bang would happen, the whole theatre would SCREAM and then discuss it for the next five minutes.

^ This is why I hate going to movies.  Your line about discussing it for the next 5 minutes is so right on and funny at the same time.

Planning on seeing it this weekend, going to watch 2 now smile

* SPOILER *

MistressOf Horror wrote:
Ghostseeker wrote:

* SPOILER *

Wow, how the hell did you know that?  Or was it just obvious?  Funny.

Really enjoyed PA3, probably the best out of all of them !!!

Well folks looks like there's going to be a fourth installment,nothing certain but this short snippet makes it sound likely.
http://www.411mania.com/movies/news/207 … r-2012.htm

P.A. and Rifftrax:
http://www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax/paranormal-activity

I thought one was ok, didnt like two. should I bother with three?

^ Given that I'd say no.

If you like one, but not two, I'd say give three a shot.  Seeing as how you weren't even excited about one, then no.