Topic: Tomb of the Blind Dead

helloooooo..

I'm considering buying Tomb of the Blind Dead off ebay... i've never seen it though.. Would anyone recommend it? and does anyone have any background info on it?

cheeeeers

Re: Tomb of the Blind Dead

It is a good film.  Often referred to as the best Spanish horror film of that era.  An odd zombie film- they are of course blind, so they track their prey by sound.  They are intelligent, though slow.  They also have zombie horses!

The plot is fairly standard- the remains of an evil castle, tourist gets separated, people go looking...
The ruins are just creepy.  The film has a nice atmosphere to it.

I would give it a recommend to buy.

azzy pretty much nails it smile
I really enjoy all the Blind Dead entries, the 2nd installment in the series is a standout as well

Well worth getting, i started a thread on the collection a while back.
http://www.horror-movies.ca/Forum/viewt … p?id=27759

^^
Sorry about that, I missed it or I would have linked it for you.  Stoopid monkey.

I don't own any of them, but have seen them. I too would recommend adding them to your collection. Youtube also  has some footage you can watch and get a feel for what they offer.

I own the coffin set but I have only watched the first film so far.  Azz is right it is the Atmosphere that makes those movies special.   The Zombies are creepy because they can hear your heartbeat so you can not hide from them.  I loved the horseback scenes.

cool thanks!

so I should just buy the entire box set right?

is the region 1 boxset the coffin boxset? and which release of the films would be the best to buy in terms of quality and features?

thanks again! you guys certainly know your horror.

Last edited by Ms45 (2011-10-08 17:01:08)

Films #1 & #2 are good.  Haven't seen 3 or 4, so I've read some reviews.  This is a good one that covers all 4 films, but it has tons of spoilers.  To summarize it, #3 is kind of weak, but #4 is almost as good as #1.

At $45 for the box set, that sounds like a fair deal.  With shipping, you're talking about $12/film.  Hope this helps.

cool thanks.. helps a lot.

Tombs of the Blind Dead and the 4th, Night of the Seagulls, are the two best. The second is good too. You could skip number 3, but it's not so bad either, just kind of pointless. All are worth watching. If you see the boxset for cheap, get it.

Edit: For $45 it's well worth it. I think I paid 70-80 from Blue Underground a few years ago.

Last edited by Theli (2012-10-18 01:17:44)