Topic: HFest Committee

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc … p;hl=en_US

Last edited by azathoth (2011-10-01 22:29:46)

Re: HFest Committee

This might be easier for tonight to manipulate the movies around.  If you're planning on showing up for the chat, take a quick look.

Fancy!! big_smile

We did get a lot done tonight.  You can check the updated movie list (link is in the 1st post).  We have some more work to do, so we'll be meeting again in a few days.  I'll announce that here.  Feel free to come to the next meeting and give your opinion(s)!

Hi HorrorQueen and Lon- want to make some more picks for your schedules?

Sure, I'll get on that today. Just gonna take the dog out then I'll get started big_smile

There is still time to recommend films.  If you want to see the current list of nominees, you can check it here.

I think I'll hold a final meeting on Skype on October 15th.  Anyone can attend if they want to put their 2 bananas in.

azathoth wrote:

Anyone can attend if they want to put their 2 bananas in.

wow could that be taken out of context

Here's my suggestion. Schedule reruns of the previous movie nights to coincide with prime time for the antipodes. Basically give all the Aussies a chance to see what they missed.

Cap Howdy wrote:

Here's my suggestion. Schedule reruns of the previous movie nights to coincide with prime time for the antipodes. Basically give all the Aussies a chance to see what they missed.

This is a good idea, since many of those films are already on the list.  We get new ones, they get new ones.  I like!  big_smile

Let's see (my time, US Eastern):
2PM-2AM  Northern Hemisphere (main stream type stuff)
2AM-8AM free for all (lots of weird stuff)
8AM- 2PM Down Under (repeats of previous Movie Nights)

I'm an ideas guy and I'm damn good at it wink

Here's how it's going to work:

I'm going to set up a conversation (audio & text only) with Vampy at 5PM US Eastern time.  The first movie starts at 6PM.  If I have your Skype name, you will automatically get in. 

But, if I don't have your name before 5PM, there is a good chance you won't get in at all.  There's a problem trying to add new (as in I don't already have your name in my list) people once the convo starts.

I'll be adding some people as 'hosts' so they can try and fix problems during the convo when I'm not there.

Movies will "officially start" every 2 hours.  If you come in at an odd time, just ask where everyone is at so you can sync up.  We do this for Movie Nights all the time.  I won't be around all the time to do my infamous "countdown," so if I'm not there, just go by your clock.

We're working on getting a fun mix of films, so you can pop in whenever you have some free time and enjoy some movie chat.

And thank to El Capitano for his ingenious suggestion.

Last edited by azathoth (2011-10-07 18:29:31)

I finalised my list of films. Hope it's okay that I added a few new ones, I had a last minute shot of inspiration wink

Really looking forward to this now!

Have another idea completely free of charge. Give the Aussies the podcasts for the reruns so they can sync them up for the full experience if they want wink

Cap Howdy wrote:

Have another idea completely free of charge. Give the Aussies the podcasts for the reruns so they can sync them up for the full experience if they want wink

Such as this most awesome of pages on the internet for podcasts for movie watching?  smile

I was thinking of a cooler way but whatever floats your boat wink

Cap Howdy wrote:

I was thinking of a cooler way but whatever floats your boat wink

My ears are open for any ideas you have, or how to present the podcast.  Really.  I lost my pride somewhere around 3rd & Walnut Street back in the 4th grade.

Did I turn you into Ozzy and make you say "Finished with my woman 'cause she couldn't help me with my mind"?
Job done wink

Your way works good enough for me smile

Fair enough.  Would be neat if some of the Aussies popped in for a bit.

Bumpy bumpy!

HFest isn't going to go well, is it?  sad

(Hint- this is where you lie to the monkey and say everything is good.)

Last edited by azathoth (2011-10-09 14:34:16)

I think it's going to go great.  I bet, HM is the only place that has ever done anything like this!  All cuz of you monkey boy!

it
s gonna be fab sweetie smile we'll pop in when we can smile  xxxx

totally forgot about this. I have been so busy with work.

It's going to go great Azzy! That's an HQ promise big_smile

I'm really looking forward to it, I'm gonna try and see as many as I possibly can, definitely all the classics and all of the really obscure ones. I'm gonna be pulling a mammoth all nighter big_smile