Re: POLL: Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior, Round 4

swollenguy wrote:

would be pretty cool if underdog or someone wrote up a final battle after the results are final. Would be like the show deadliest worrior.

Come back in about 5 months or so, Lon still has about 80 characters to go through.  The dude is insane.

^ Damn that's a nice compliment. Not sure I could handle that? Due to the lack of confidence I have with my writing skills.

Underdog wrote:

^ Damn that's a nice compliment. Not sure I could handle that? Due to the lack of confidence I have with my writing skills.

Just write.  That's what all the authors here have told me.  You know, that whole 'practice makes perfect' thing?  smile

^ Ahhh...so true. If i were to do it? I would first ask to have it proofed/edited by a more seasoned writer, before being submitted.

*hint, hint*

Oh...geez underdog.  You don't have to "hint" about this.  Gosh, of course I'd be willing to look it over for ya!  big_smile

Well...I'm sure someone with experience would be happy to look over anything you've written.  Still, continue to write up one (or more) of these battles, you arguments are looking good.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2011-10-12 00:51:11)

Underdog wrote:

^ Ahhh...so true. If i were to do it? I would first ask to have it proofed/edited by a more seasoned writer, before being submitted.

*hint, hint*

Glad to do it.  I've done it for a couple of guys here and on a few other sites.

Reminder, last 24 hours to vote.

About 8 hours to go.

I would suggest anyone interested votes, as this round's results impacts the next round directly.  It'll be fun.  Trust me.

Alrighty, Lon asked me to help him out this week since he's getting ready to movie. 

The results:

The Thing-
5 poll votes total (4, subtracting the 1 from Lon)
3 explanations
3 x 5 for vote & explanation = 15
1 x 1 for poll vote = 1
Total Score = 16

The Blob-
4 poll votes, all with explanations
4 X 5 = 20
Total Score = 20

WINNER-  The Blob

I will be posting Month 1's Final Round shortly.

And as a bonus, Lon also has an Exhibition Match, which will also be posted shortly.

Continuing with my going back over the previous fights to chime in with my personal opinion:

The Blob can consume material organic and inorganic alike.  But after feeding, does it produce waste?  I'd have to imagine yes; no known organism feeds without producing waste, which means its digestive track doesn't break its prey down on a molecular level.

The Thing, as a species, is molecular in size.  The proof being that it duplicates its prey perfectly on a molecular level.  Every atom of a Thing is alive and programmed to survive, adapt and duplicate.  Say a Thing replicated a dog, and the Blob at that dog; it couldn't digest it down to the last atom, which means the Thing would still exist inside it.  The thing could then adapt, overcome and duplicate the Blob itself.

My take: the Thing wins.