Topic: Walking Dead Season 2 Official Discussion Thread.

As we all know Season 2 Starts on Sunday.
What some of you might not know is that in the UK it doesn't start until the 21st.
So can we please keep all discussions and spoilers in this thread.
Seriously guys if spoilers start showing up in other threads it's going to really piss me off.
Just remember that for 6 days after you see the episode anything you post could be a spoiler for the Brits.

Re: Walking Dead Season 2 Official Discussion Thread.

After hearing that AMC is going to beak up the series by showing 7( I think) episodes, then waiting a few months to show the other 6. I wasn't sure what to think? Now that I've had some time to digest the decision. I'm cool with it.

As for the 1 1/2 hr premier. Can hardly wait.

Glad I live in the US and don't have to wait till the 21st.

Well that blows for the Brits.  I'm going to have to remember this.

Bumping this thread since the show starts tonight, and you do not want to make the Captain pissed.

T-minus 65 min and counting...

The premier was pretty good...and shocking! Wowza!

I'm not nearly as huge a fan of this show as a lotta people here.  Season premier was pretty dam good though.

I thought the first episode started out well. A bit predictable, but that's not a complaint.

Underdog wrote:

I thought the first episode started out well. A bit predictable, but that's not a complaint.

Agreed. Nevertheless... biggest shock was the Black guy suddenly having his arm sheared open on a car door. Nice.  But I could have done without the Sheriff and that shaved head lady eating up screen time praying for help, mercy, and forgiveness beneath a carved wooden figure hanging on a wall.

I thought the first ep. was pretty damn solid. I liked it, and it was a good way to kick off the second season. To be honest, I don't see it being as GREAT as the first season was, but I think it's definitely going to be good.

I also agree with Bun, I thought the whole prayer scene between different members of the group was a bit boring, and didn't seem to establish much, except that they're running a bit out of hope.

From the local paper-

"The zombies came storming back strong last night as Walking Dead opened its second season with 7.3 million viewers last night. AMC termed that “the strongest telecast for any drama in basic cable history." "

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/dave … =131298144

I thought the second season premiere was a mixed bag. 

It didn't have that epic feel of the first season and the first hour seemed padded, as though marking time until the shocker at the end of the episode.  I think it would have been better if they'd just kept the episode at an hour, trimming the fat and keeping it tense.  The search for the little girl seemed to drag on forever, while the exchange between Shane and Lori was far too short and surprisingly unmoving.  Even Andrea's exchange with Dale and him basically guilting her into leaving the CDC compound at the end of last season seemed oddly stiff.

Let's not forget what made this one of the best shows on TV -- the writing, the acting and the character development.  All three seemed just the slightest bit off in this episode, to me.

Still.  It's only the first ep of the new season.  I can forgive a slight misstep in an otherwise stellar series.

I dug it! A little bit too many monolouges and the third act DRRRAAGGGEEDDDD. But the zombie hoard was worth the price alone. Any fan of the comic knows what's coming next and I can't wait! I love the fact that they're sticking to the BIG moments in the comic, but branching out with their own ideas. I hope they keep it up and stay FAR away from stuff like last seasons finale...which I HATED.

Well it in no way stood as strong as the first season premier but it was stronger than the weaker episodes of season one.
It maintained the character integrity of the first season, eg everything Andrea said to Dale as pretty much what I thought she would have said and the way he was acting around her tied i with his worry for her suicidal tendencies.
It did drag on a bit, almost as if they were just marking time waiting to set up for the episode 2 / comic tie in.
I'll definitely keep on watching big_smile

i didn't think it dragged at all i thought it was excellent and this is one of the few times i disagree with Lon i thought the acting was up to the usual standard and i didn't think i would be held in suspense by a zombie drama again but this one proved me wrong.the hiding from the passing zombies lengthy scene was to me very suspenseful and the final scene actually made me jump.this to me is the best episode so far!

I think it might have dragged more for our US brethren due to the fact that they had boatloads of adverts.
Their run time was 1 hr 30 mins, and I read some complaints that there were more ads in the second half, we had a run time of 1 hr 10 mins with just the one ad break halfway through. We all know how badly adverts can spoil the narrative flow, maybe this is the problem hmm

yeah ! i noticed we only had the one break which was fine with me , i could nip in the kitchen and get a drink. the continuity helped, perhaps you're right.

I watched it online but it cut off at 63 minutes. Is that the right length or did i watch a incomplete version. Me confused.

What was the last scene you saw Vasquez? Trust me it's an important scene.

I want it noted I'm a good puppy and didn't do in here what I wanted smile @ Cap love you xx

Well done Puppy, love you too. Have a bone.

wooooooooooo that time already wink  hahahaha

Yes it's time to hack a leg off a random forum member and let you chew it big_smile
Choose your victim.

ooooooooooooo the choices I know .................................

The bell church tower going off and then the black guy and ale talking for a minute or so.