Topic: HM HorrorFest 2011 Official Announcement and Schedule!!!!

Hi everyone!

First, the important stuff.
2nd, the schedule.
3rd, details.

First:
HorrorFest starts on Friday, October 28th, 2011, at 6PM US Eastern time.  The schedule is set for US Eastern time, so adjust to your time zone.

Everyone needs to view the movies on their own.  I tried to put as many movies that have YouTube feeds as possible.  I can't stream anything without risking a massive lawsuit.

The Skype conversation will be audio & text only, unless some people want to video each other.  There will be no audio recording of any of HFest.  I will be setting up the conversation, and everyone who is on my contact list will be automatically added to the call.

The Skype conversation will be called "HM Halloween Fest 2011".

If you plan on attending, post your Skype name here.  Or add me & my assistants to your contact list.  You may not be able to get onto the conversation once it starts if I and my assistants (see below) don't have you in our list beforehand.

my Skype name is 'azathoth1945'
My assistants' Skype names are-
Lon- 'loud_lon'
HorrorQueen- 'horrorqueen17'
Baby_Firefly- 'fairyprincessme'
RevengeBiteMe- 'revengebiteme'
Creature- 'thepsychedeliccreature'

Second:

This will be different from the normal Movie Night format.  There may or may not be someone running the show (i.e. me or one of the assistants).  If not, just start the film at the right time.  If people come in later, tell them where you (or the group) are at in the film.

Here is the original file with clickable links to IMDB.
Fancy picture of the schedule.  I think it explains itself-
https://sites.google.com/site/vervemonkeyproject/Home/images/web-images/HM_HFest_schedule.png

Third:
Make sure you have the latest version of Skype.
You can post questions here if you need help.
If people want to get together to watch certain films, feel free to post what films you will likely be attending.

Finally, thank you to all those who helped me.  Lon, Baby, Renee, Cap Howdy, Beth, Tylor, and all the others who sent in ideas- you all rock!  big_smile

(Kind of amazing how 3 months of work turns into 1 page of text)  lol

Last edited by azathoth (2011-10-27 06:51:10)

Re: HM HorrorFest 2011 Official Announcement and Schedule!!!!

Azzy that is fantastic work! Thanks so much for putting all that effort in. I've just downloaded it and put all the GMT times in, then colour coded what I will and won't be able to see, and what I'm going to try my best to get to anyway big_smile (I'm a bit of an anal freak like that - and you can have that one for free Az lol)

http://www.timezoneconverter.com/ <<<If anyone wants to convert the times

My only complaint Mr.Monkey - where the hell am I gonna find time to sleep?! I want to be there for them all!

Everyone realizes that I will be bumping this thread every 2 hours for the next 28 hours until HFest starts, yes?

Yeah, I'm a jerk monkey with a blue crystal skull.  big_smile

azathoth wrote:

Yeah, I like to jerky my monkey until its blue.  big_smile

dont we all.

Thats a bump smile

Last edited by swollenguy (2011-10-27 12:24:12)

^^
And right after I said some nice things about you in the "Ashamed of my government" thread.  Sigh... time for my Prozac banana.  lol

[edit- all bumps are appreciated, unless it's into my car]

Last edited by azathoth (2011-10-27 12:43:56)

Hey, I'll probly pop in and out if that is okay. Cause of my schedule and other things going on, if not, let me know.

MacheteMassacre wrote:

Hey, I'll probly pop in and out if that is okay. Cause of my schedule and other things going on, if not, let me know.

That is exactly the reason I'm posting a schedule, for people to drop in and out as they please.  I have you on my contacts list, so you can hop in (and out) whenever you want!

Part 2 of my shameless self-promotion.

edit- heh, I see someone shared my Facebook post about this while calling me a lunatic.  Such high praise!  lol

Last edited by azathoth (2011-10-27 17:50:27)

H fest is coming guys n gals smile  ( bump ) xxx for monkey boy

Bonus squeaky toy for Puppy! 
http://westierescueoc.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/Dinoweb2.243211526_std.jpg

yay it shall be my squeaky and I shall call him squeaky big_smile

Puppymonster wrote:

yay it shall be my squeaky and I shall call him squeaky big_smile

Posted from the Squeaky Redundantcy Department of the Department for Redundant Squeakiness.
big_smile

http://www.showrights.com/thumbs/poster_-_Indigo_Film_-_Bump_Original.jpg

This had an actual song to go with it and it was immenseness.

"This had an actual song to go with it and it was immenseness."

Um, cool?

azathoth wrote:

"This had an actual song to go with it and it was immenseness."

Um, cool?

Damn right cool. Don't be letting your monkey prejudices get in the way of Elephant appreciation! Bump The Elephant big_smile

Thanks for all the work you did setting this up Az.  I look forward to jumping in as I can.

^^
Excellent!  The more the merrier (and chaotic, which I also find merry big_smile )

edit- and I only need to keep up my shilling for 21 more hours!  Then I can die of exhaustion, heh.

Last edited by azathoth (2011-10-27 19:45:10)

Weekend-long movie fests... it's pimp-tastic!

sheet! this is intense az! I was gonna say guntown should be thrown into the mix.

sheet! this is intense az! I was gonna say guntown should be thrown into the mix.

^^
Ace told me to "rock the house" with his film.

Speaking of which- you can watch 'Gun Town' for free all of October by going to his website here.  Nice guy, isn't he?  (Now go buy lots of his discs so he can make the sequel!)

I will be there! shaun of the dead and funny thing is i was thinking of the movie today and wanted to watch it. bubba da bubba da do!

yay for azas hard work!!!!!! and it will be great!!!

Even kitties are floored by the awesomeness of Halloween Fest!
http://www.funnycutepics.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/funny_cat_picture.jpg

kitty mop!!!!!!