Re: Walking Dead Season 2 Official Discussion Thread.

Yeah what you saw was cut extremely short.

Damn thought so don't know why it would do that though. I cant watch it on here because i live in uk

Here's a clue. Rearrange the words bear tunnel com dot wink

You're right about more ads in the second half, Cap.  When watching it with my sis, we both bemoaned the fact that during the last forty minutes we were getting four minutes of show at a time, interrupted with three to four minutes of commercials.

I noticed this happening with the show House, too.  The first half hour will have one or two breaks, compared to the second half hour having sometimes four or five. 

This is why I hate commercials.  They're just interrupting the flow to inform me of products I'm already fully aware of.  It's like, fuck, man, forgive me actually having a fuckin' attention span.

Just finished watching the newest episode.

That's more like it.  I thought the first ep of the new season was rather weak, but this one made up for it.  Lots of good stuff going on in this week and I thought it was interesting seeing Shane step up when Rick, usually the strong one, lost his footing.  Shane quickly became my favorite character in the first season and Jon Bernthal's still delivering the good stuff as the character. 

I'd rate this episode as right up there with the very first episode as one of the best of the series so far.

90% hum-drum human drama that has no real connection with the "Walking Dead", and a measly 10% zombie action (which is mostly just zombie extras) is simply not cutting it.

Last edited by Bunshinsaba (2011-10-23 21:37:27)

The human drama is what makes it so good, IMO.  There are enough brainless zombie action flicks out there.  I like that this one takes a more character-driven approach.

If I wanted sixty minutes of animalistic limb-tearing and gut-spilling, I'd visit my family more often. big_smile

You can own some genuine Walking Dead zombie killin' gear.

I recently picked up a small Gerber Gator Machete Junior. I remembered hearing something about it being used on The Walking Dead but I really didn't pay much attention.  Then I recalled the boy finding that roll of Gerber tools in last week's episode and I noticed that the show had a promotional credit for Gerbergear at the end of tonight's episode.

I checked on line and discovered that Gerber actually has a line of "Apocalypse Survival" tools "as seen on The Walking Dead"! My small machete is one of the items:

http://www.gerbergear.com/Apocalypse/Ge … _31-000759

Many years ago, Gerber was a top of the line knife supplier. They supplied a favorite series of knives used in Vietnam. In recent years, their quality has become very uneven. They make some great stuff and they make some crap. They make two camp axes that are virtually identical to the naked eye. One is made in Finland by Fiskars (the parent company of Gerber) and one is made in China at half the price.

The Machete jr. featured above is made in China but it gets very good reviews. And the nice thing is that it's really cheap. It's a nice tool and sells for less than $20.00 in the U.S. and Canada. That's a pretty good price for an item that is used as a prop on the show. Most prop replicas are overpriced knock-offs...but, in this case, you can own one of the real things.

Last edited by Dex Robinson (2011-10-23 22:10:19)

Not 90% bloody percent human drama. A whole episode wasted on an ER episodic. Yawn!

fuck, fuck, shit...I missed it. I've been attending to other matters tonight...fuck!!

^^^

You do realize that The Walking Dead is the most repeated show on television? smile

A great episode tonight,  I wonder what will happen to the little girl now?

i missed tonight, but will watch it in abit. i just bought the first season last week.

Dex Robinson wrote:

^^^
My oldest son has been coughing really bad for quite a while now and he's asthmatic. We've given him a cough med prescribed by his doc, but still ain't helping much, so far.

Dex- "You do realize that The Walking Dead is the most repeated show on television?" smile

Yea' and I'm should be able to watch it later this wk.

I apologize for the bad language!

Good episode, but it felt like NOTHING really happened in it. In todays world, where you've got stuff like Dexter, Justified, American Horror Story and the like, you can't waste time with filler. Shane should've been eager to leave right away to tell Ricks wife instead of spending 10 minutes looking lost. The show just seems to take FOREVER to get anywhere and that's it's biggest flaw right now. Don't get me wrong, it's still good stuff, but with only 45 minutes a show, I wish they'd up the game a little bit.

I know, I was goin', "what the hell is takin' him so damn long from goin' and letting his partner's wife and the other survivors know what happen".  I mean that long draw-out scene with him still hangin' around the house was b***s***. 

Anyway, the way things seem to be going, I'm almost willing to put money on AMERICAN HORROR STORY overtaking THE WALKING DEAD this season.  Don't get me wrong, I still like TWD a great deal but each new episode of AHS blows my mind more and more each time.  That show's really out there!!!

Oh yeah, DEATH VALLEY is still good too.

Last edited by Black Sunlite (2011-10-27 16:01:31)

The second season is o.k. but I'm a tad disappointed so far. I'm a HUGE fan of the comic and while I understand they wanted to deviate a little bit, they're inventing characters and new plots that really don't do anything but waste time.

Plus-It really bugs me how passive the women in the show are, they are either tripping over things constantly or just stand there screaming! In the comic, Andrea and a character named Michonne, kick major butt!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting Xena: Warrior Princess to come flying around on wires (LOL) but the women on this show aren't being well represented so far.

yeah the second episode wasn't as good. it was ok but yes i'd agree this one did drag and not a lot happened just a lot of emoting and we got the normal amount of adverts  back this week which didn't help. :I

I have read all the comics at least 3X now and would have liked for the series to follow the comics more closely. Kind of like they did in the movie, Sin City. Not so much panel for panel, but character wise.

As for the second episode? I'm content and will leave it at that.

What I'm finding really hilarious about this thread is the constant complaints that [paraphrase] In the comic they did it this way / In the comic this happened / In the comic this character did this or that / In the comic <insert random comparison>  [/paraphrase]
It's pretty much a guarantee that if the television series based on the comic followed the plot of the comic exactly, the same people would complain that it was
a) Predictable
b) Disappointing and
c) Over too quickly.

^ Have you read the comics, Cap?

Being that the series is based upon the comics. It was inevitable that those who have read them would be comparing the two. With out the comic series, there would be no t.v. series. The t.v. series is really good! IMO;The comic books is better. That is also the norm with novels made into movies, and there's usually a lot of comparisons written of the two. And usually the book is given better reviews.

I'm pretty damn pleased that TWD comic was popular enough to be transitioned to a t.v. show, and has fared better than expected. Even setting records! I so hope they do a few shows where they find refuge in a abandoned prison, like the comic book has.

I have no problem with the direction the t.v. series is taking, and that it's somewhat different than the comic. I also wouldn't mind if they followed the comics panel for panel. Hell, I'm just happy it's on. I get to read the comics and watch the show. " The best of both worlds!!"

Last edited by Underdog (2011-10-28 20:05:14)

^^^ I've read some.
Consider this post as a placeholder for a proper reply.

^^ The comics I have read are REALLY good. Love the show too. You're right though. If it's not one thing to complain about it's another. Oh well, I'll sit back and enjoy both.

I'm not complaining about the t.v. series. Just saying is all...

Last edited by Underdog (2011-10-29 12:08:59)

i just finally got around to watching the first couple episodes.  disppointed right off the bat.  maybe this has been discussed already but why is it they had to rub body parts all over them last season when all they had to do is hide under cars like this season.  they really should be consistent even if it is new writers.