Re: Paranormal Activity 3.

Thanks GS. I thought one was ok and delivered what it intended to. I found two to be just more of the same but what made it go from just blah to didn’t like was I found the characters  frustrating and predictable. I also (and this is just a personal thing not really a negative for the movie) don’t like watching movies where bad things happen to small children, so the end didn’t sit well for me. So would you still say I should stay away from three?

Give it a go.  Curious what you'd think.

I have to watch PA3 again tonight Im getting dragged into it this will be the first time ive watched a PA movie more than once i dont think this will go well hahaha

Just watched 2 & 3 in one go. Blah.

They are just boring. There are a couple of scenes that made me jump but nothing really more than that, the storyline drags like mad for the first half, and the characters are nearly all unlikeable so I don't really care when things do happen to them. I'm thinking it's maybe too subtle for me, in that you only see some effects of what happens instead of the actual thing causing the events.

I will say though, that one thing I do like about the series is how it 'keeps it in the family', so to speak. I like the continuity throughout the three, I thought that was the best thing about it. But I don't think they should make a fourth.

C'mon QQQQUUUUUUEEEENNNNN!!!!!!  Break out of your mold and give this movie a chance!  smile  Kidding, if ya didn't like it, then you didn't like it, it's all good.  Seriously though...you didn't even like the Bloody Mary scene?!?!?!?!?!?  C'mon...at least tell me that gave ya a few chills?  If not, then yeah...you clearly dislike these.  smile

Loved the first one. Equally loved the second. Liked the third. Something was missing tho. A couple of cheap "boo scares", that felt out of place. The first 2 never had that, and never needed it. I'll watch it again tho.

Haha Ghosty, yeah I'll give you that, the Bloody Mary scene was pretty freaky. I jumped most when the mother jumped out of the wardrobe! And I guess the little girl getting out of bed and her voice were creepy too. I didn't like the ending though, it felt like the end from a totally different film, really disjointed.

I think I was expecting too much from the films, I'd heard they were really scary so I was excited, then I got disappointed and I think my resentment has stuck around tongue

Sounds like a fourth will be made.
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/26912

^^ Guessed as much hellrat; why would they turn down the chance to make all that money? Even if it is a rehash of the exact same films! Mind you, saying that I love Saw so I can't really talk about sequels tongue

I don't even know why I keep on watching PA when I know I won't like it, it's like an itch I have to scratch