Re: American Horror Story

Funny, I thought I was in The Walking Dead Thread...and was responding to your post as such, which would of made no sense.  big_smile

Yeah...I get wacha mean Lon.  Is a lot going on, and they do cut back and forth pretty quick.  Doesn't bother me, but I could see where it could irritate some.

i am seriously obsessed with this show I cant wait for wendsdays ep and I am going to have to wait to see it online sad

Oops, wrong thread!

Last edited by azathoth (2011-10-25 14:34:26)

Like I said in the other thread, so far I like this show more and more with each episode.

AHS got renewed for a 13-ep 2nd season!

Finally finished the Halloween 2-parter.  Take a creepy and show and crank it up to 11, why don't ya?!  Anyone else think that, for being a psychologist, the husband has a remarkable lack of people skills?

Best episode so far.   I am really loving this show.

Im enjoying the show, im just curious as to how they are gonna make this into a long running series...without it getting stupid. But so far im really diggin' it! cool

^^
I'm thinking that it wasn't planned as a long-term series.  They could have the current family get killed and become ghosts, and bring in a new family.  Besides that, it would be just a progression of new ghosts all the time.  I'm just enjoying the ride.

I havent had time to check this out.. sounds interesting

This start tomorrow in UK, Can not wait to see it!

Monday 7th November at 10pm on FX

^^^ cheers bassi.........i've been waiting for this since it came out in the US.

Dylan McDermott.....Mmmmmmmmmmm! wink

azathoth wrote:

^^
I'm thinking that it wasn't planned as a long-term series.  They could have the current family get killed and become ghosts, and bring in a new family.  Besides that, it would be just a progression of new ghosts all the time.  I'm just enjoying the ride.

Hell yeah, that's a pretty good idea...when I first saw previews I expected it to be a short story each week kinda like tales from The crypt.

Last edited by ChainSaW80 (2011-11-06 18:15:25)

Oh wow I just  caught up on the episodes last night ! Im hooked !  Im loving this show and I hope it doesnt end anytime soon. I really like the way they have layered the stories and lives of the owners of the house. Jessica Lange plays her part very well I might add.

LOVED the Halloween episode !!!!!

Nother solid episode with a disturbing beginning.  Anyone hear how episodes this will be this season?  I keep expecting to hear the season is almost done.

yet again i agree with Lon the wise one. i didn't like this first episode at all, i found it confusing and all over the place. it certainly tries to cram in much too much and none of the characters seem very likeable. It Looks like it's trying to be " The Shining" and at times is very reminiscent of that. i certainly did find it very irritating at times and found my interest waning. may give the next episode a whirl especially as they show it straight after " The Walking Dead" on Friday nights ( maybe that's the problem) but not bothered eithier way at the moment.

Ghostseeker wrote:

Nother solid episode with a disturbing beginning.  Anyone hear how episodes this will be this season?  I keep expecting to hear the season is almost done.

I agree.  After watching the opening, I thought to myself "That was hardcore."

IMDB has it listed for 13 episodes.
FX also renewed it for a 2nd season.

edit-
@Wolfy- give epis 2 & 3 a whirl.  It took me that long to get sucked in.

Last edited by azathoth (2011-11-12 06:43:31)

There is a lot going on in this show, but as the show goes on it is all kinda coming together, kinda like a crescendo.  Like all these random things happening weren't so random.

Wolfie brings up a good point in that none of the characters are likeable.  I don't really feel that way (though I see that side), but more like there isn't an obvious good guy or gal.  There isn't really an obvious bad guy either though, as everyone has their flaws.

I like that the beginning of the show has something to do with the history of the house or people, then ties in to the show and/or series.  I'm just curious to see where this goes.

Things are starting to gel a little better over the last couple episodes, but there's still a certain sense of fracture that prevents me from fully getting on board with this series.  I don't mind that there aren't very many likable characters; a character doesn't have to be likable to be interesting -- so long as they actually are interesting, which most of them are not.  So there's that.

However, the Jessica Lange character has really grown on me.  Her character started out feeling like just the typical omen-spouting old loony, but as more details about her and her connections to past events come to light, I find her more and more worth watching.  I credit that more to her acting ability than the story, though; she's always been one of those actresses who in her hey day was appreciated more for her beauty than her acting chops, but she's a built an interesting and complex character and if there's one thing that keeps me holding onto hope for this show, it's her.

Here's to hoping the storylines improve, the pacing slows down, and the other actors stop trying to hard to chew up the scenery.  Because right now Lange, IMO, is the only thing keeping it afloat.

I personally love the show, loved it from the beginning I love the fast paced keeps you on your feet kinda thing, I love Violet and Tate not so much the other characters I like the maid but the others I have no real interest in. I cant wait to see what happens next

Man, that show is great!!!  (as you can see, it obviously brings out the Tony The Tiger in me)

So far, that has been one of the best television portrayals of a

^the damn board did it to me again.  I'll be back to finish it up later.

Last edited by Black Sunlite (2011-11-17 17:05:20)

(okay, now, like I said before I was cut off)  That show is one of the best television portrayals of a "house of evil" I've seen so far.  I mean, damn, they're even showing scenes where the wife/mother is deceptively being turned onto cannibalism!!!

Man, that show is bugged-out.

If it keeps up the pace by the end of the season, AMERICAN HORROR STORY will have every right to tell TRUE BLOOD and DEXTER to get the hell outta the way and THE WALKING DEAD to move the f*** over.

Yep, it's that good...so far.

Last edited by Black Sunlite (2011-11-17 18:26:04)

I agree. actually I don't like true blood anyway. I love Dexter but I think I prefer this, though.

Doesn't beat Todd and The Book of Pure Evil, though. That is of course just my opinion.