Topic: Fred Dekker presents MONSTER SQUAD @ Music Box Massacre III in Chicago

So I know there's some Chicago-area people on these boards, and this is one not to be missed:

Filmmaker Fred Dekker will be presenting his classic Monster Squad on the big screen as a part of MUSIC BOX MASSACRE III, October 13th, 2007.

For those of you not familiar with the 'Massacre, basically it's a non-stop 24-hour horror fest, held every October at the Music Box Theatre, and hosted by my good friend, Rusty Nails.

Tickets are about to go on-sale. I'll definitely be there!
http://musicboxtheatre.com
http://myspace.com/musicboxmassacre

ANNOUNCED FILMS SO FAR:
The Cat & The Canary, Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein, Halloween III, MONSTER SQUAD, Freaks, Videodrome, The Shining, Peeping Tom. Full line-up TBA.

Re: Fred Dekker presents MONSTER SQUAD @ Music Box Massacre III in Chicago

Very nice. Thanks a bunch James. Now the question is, i gotta figure where it's located at. How many time i've always wanted to go to that theatre but i believe i would have to take the "L" in order to get there. Hopefully i'll figure something out, which i did just look at and that is somewhat of a haul too.

Last edited by BlackDeathDamien (2007-08-15 12:13:31)

It's well worth the trip. You could almost make a weekend out of it. There's usually a few surprise guests, and a bunch of stuff to buy.

Nice. I'll try my hardest to go with me living in the South Suburbs, it's not a problem to get down there. The only thing is that i gotta figure out how long it will take me to get to the Music Box and if i can find it.

Sounds like a kickass fest.  Love the line-up so far.

Oh yeah. James i've been over to Gene Siskel Theatre a bunch of times to see some good old films:

The 75th Anniversary to the Three Stooges
Animal House
2001: A Space Oddysey
The Shining
A Clockwork Orange
Nosferatu - where there was a live piano player playing throughout the entire movie.

I think there's more that i've seen there but i just can't think of the other ones i've seen there. But just the whole experience to go there and sitting in there watching the movies are an unbelieveable experience that you need to go there if you have never been there. They usually show some great old movies from different genres.

Man, that "Nosferatu" screening must have been amazing!

Last edited by TiM the Zombie (2007-08-15 14:06:45)

Oh Tim. That had to been the best experience i have ever seen viewing a movie and it was also the original print of the movie too. So it had that nice grainy look to it.

This sounds pretty cool.  I gotta see about getting it off as I have some other requests in October already but we'll see if I can make it.  I have only been to the Music Box once and it was to see Night Watch.  It's a cool theatre and a good place for a horror fest.

Hey james, I went to the myspace site for the fest and it says it is the 3rd, not the 13th.

And just an FYI: If you go to the myspace page, check out who is friend #11 on theit top friends list.  Thats right, our lovely site Horror-movies.ca is in their top 12! 
http://myspace.com/musicboxmassacre

I probably wont be able to make it cause i am going to Hitchcock Fest the 13th, and the Horror Halloween/Univeral Monsters movie fest the week after that. And not to mention all of halloween weekend off.  So I have a lot of requests already in at work for days off in october.  But if I am able to get it off, I'll probably swing on by.

Last edited by jmh314 (2007-08-15 15:19:21)

That sounds awesome to bad i'm not close the chicago. Monster Squad is a favorite of mine. I actually shot a very small thing for a guy named Rusty Nails who was doing a Romero documentary.

It's the 13th...technically 13th & 14th, noon to noon I believe. I emailed them to fix it. The calendar portion was right, but the headline wasn't.

Good catch.

Gotcha.  Well since it is the 13th and not the 3rd, then I cant be there.  Thats the day I am going to the annual Hitchcock fest at Hollywood Blvd cinema in Woodridge.  Too bad all these good things are overlapping.....