Re: Walking Dead Season 2 Official Discussion Thread.

Just saw the third episode.  By far the best so far.  Just got interesting.

Glenn-BoB wrote:

i just finally got around to watching the first couple episodes.  disppointed right off the bat.  maybe this has been discussed already but why is it they had to rub body parts all over them last season when all they had to do is hide under cars like this season.  they really should be consistent even if it is new writers.

No inconsistency at all, they had to cover themselves with gore to walk through the zombie horde, they were in plain sight. Hiding under the cars meant exactly the opposite, which was the point wink

Not much to say about episode 3 apart from.. Damn that Shane is a dick wink

much better this week than last and without giving anything away, a real shock at the climax of this episode. is it just me but any one else annoyed that the end of the episode they have to show scenes from the next weeks show?

Wolfy - I think we can give things away in this Thread?

Yes, it is just you.  Most decent shows show scenes from the next weeks episodes.  smile  (I'm sure it's not really just you, but wanted to say that).

This last episode gave me some conflict that made me actually care about these characters for the first time.

Shane did what I would do in that predicament. If you're injured and theres a fat guy near ya, what do ya do... shoot him LOL and get the fuck outta there alive!

wolfman1959 wrote:

is it just me but any one else annoyed that the end of the episode they have to show scenes from the next weeks show?

Yeah, no kidding.  I think they pretty much revealed a huge spoiler for next weeks show in the previews for it if I'm not mistaken.  Did anyone else catch it?  (I don't want to say what I think I saw and ruin it for anyone who didn't see it.)

I dont mind, I even watch the Talking Dead and they usually show something from the next episode. Besides a week later I sure don't remember what scenes they showed...

DrChannard wrote:
wolfman1959 wrote:

is it just me but any one else annoyed that the end of the episode they have to show scenes from the next weeks show?

Yeah, no kidding.  I think they pretty much revealed a huge spoiler for next weeks show in the previews for it if I'm not mistaken.  Did anyone else catch it?  (I don't want to say what I think I saw and ruin it for anyone who didn't see it.)

Agreed, completely stupid move on their part IMO.

Does anyone hear read the graphic novels?  I just started reading them, they are so good.

^ Yea, I'm a big fan. My local library carries them and  I've been able to read them several times now.

Last edited by Underdog (2011-11-08 08:46:34)

I've never read the comics before but I know one thing they are lasting way too long on the 2 kids... I bet the little girl will end up eating her mother tho.

I was 3 episodes behind, but caught up today.  Seems like they're kind of treading water right now, like they're building up to some big event.  Zombie-split-well was cool, though.

Loving this second season so far.  Shane maintains his stronghold as my favorite character (with runner-up honors going to Andrea and Lori) though really, everybody in the cast is good.  And was that Michael Rooker I saw in the teaser for next week's episode?

I think the last two episodes have really made up for the slow and awkward first ep of this new season.

Love the "well" zombie and the story line is getting pretty tense.

Lon: I do believe that was, Rooker. We shall see???

I was just reading an article wherein Robert Kirkman discussed very briefly Merle's (Rooker) return.  He said this is the stuff the writing team has been dying to get to -- showing us Merle and his brother (Norman Reedus) interacting.  I'm really jazzed about seeing what kind of conflict this character is going to stir up once he's fully in the mix.

Im a fan of the show Talking Dead. its always a good show. they dont give away much and they talk about what goes through the wrters heads. Plus the guests are hilarious

^^
Ah, I was wondering what that was.  It's listed next to Walking Dead on the OnDemand stuff.  I'll have to check it out.  Thanks for the info.  big_smile

I've liked the season so far for the most part.  The disappearing girl is getting dragged the fuck out though, they need to wrap that up fast.   

The one thing that worries me about the budget cuts showed up in the last epidsode, I think there was ONE zombie in the whole episode.  I'm all for story, but come on, I need more than one zombie in an hour long show.

hey this season is really 6 like the first but stretched farther than joan rivers chin......

I think they need some3 more action ,,, I could go for little girl zombie BUT the guns better come out..... man this is really shit so far

come on fuck I like but you are the de ad

this is the best series

BUT it should have been 6 episoded like before now the dragon shit its better to do it fast shit it sucks all these episodes

Pretty good episode this week.  Lots of complications popping up now.  Those who've complained this second season's been moving too slowly (I'm not one of them) it's a-pickin' up now.

^yeah, but next week is the finale apparently...lame

mdc666 wrote:

The disappearing girl is getting dragged the fuck out though, they need to wrap that up fast.

Perfectly said!

Chainsaw - Someone posted about this earlier.  Apparently it's a 6 and 6.  6 now, then 6 in February.

I'll tell ya, I will be looking forward to the second half of the second season a lot more than I was looking forward to season 2 at the end of season 1.  This is getting really good.

Love having Michael Rooker back on the show.  Next week looks like it will have some zombie action.