Topic: The Host (Korean)

I saw the trailer for this Korean monster flick a little while back and it really got my attention...

And lo and behold its playing here at the Vancouver film festival in the next few weeks...

has anyone heard ay early reviews???

Looks neat and i can't wait to see it on the big screen....

Re: The Host (Korean)

heavily discussed film here. There are a ton of clips on site as well ( do a search for host ) smile. That said we do not have a review yet but it sounds like you will be able to do one once you see it. Do you know how to submit a review? lookup the film in the db, then hit "review it" and your golden!

I'm Golden Meh....ya lost your marbles tongue

Yeah, I've been waiting to read a review for this one.  Looks to be a great foreign creature feature that I've been dying for.  The creatures looks way cool.

Sorry to be repetitive, I noticed other forum topics after I posted. Can't wait for it, September 30 is when it shows. Korean horror, large monsters, people drop kicking each other.......Hooray!!!!!!!

no worries on being repetitive smile

Not sure if you guys care or not but I just recently rented a few movies that had a trailer for The Host on it. I think it was District B-13 and City if Rott that I rented both were from Magnolia Films so that is probably who has the US distribution deal for The Host. Point is it's a new trailer for it, not very exciting but none-the-less a trailer. I am going to keep an eye out at convetions and on E-bay and see if I can't get a copy of this movie ASAP, it looks really impressive.

http://www.horror-movies.ca/search.php? … elect=News There is a link to clips and coverage for those not familiar with this film smile

I've read a couple reviews for the movie and all of them are glowing.. I believe it has become the highest grossing film in Korean history.. Not completely sure about that fact but it has made a ton of cash over there. Definetly a hit film..

the clips on the site sure as hell look great thats for sure.

I'm actually looking forward to this one !

you and me both christeen its going to be a fantastic movie i think.

It's going to be a change for Asian horrors.
I've only seen oneother good alien type creature in an asian horror.
It was in a short from a Japanese horror series called Prayer Beads. The short was titled Eddie. I think Prayer Beads is overlooked most of the shorts are pretty good.
The Host is exciting me because it's different.
The last good asian film I saw was from the Pang Bros called Recycle. I wasn't expecting much from this but was surprised by the effects as well as the story. I would very highly reccomend it.

Yea I've been waiting for Re-Cycle FOREVER.. I saw the little promo reel they had online like 2 years ago that was like 10 minutes long.. The movie has some fantastic visuals I'm just waiting to see if the story can stand on its own as well..

Just found out that both screenings of the host are already sold out.......DAMN IT I waited too long.................@#@#@!!FRIGGINSH**(*TFRIGDAMN!##!!!!!!!

But thats the glory of DVD my good friend.  It might take some time, but patience is key.  You, me, and everyone will get a chance to see The Host.

You are correct my good man.....All scary things come to those who wait...

Still kinda bummed tho....I'll be over it in a hour or so...

I think its suppose to get some sort of theatrical release in early 07.  Which means limited or art house limited....or uber limited to LA, NYC, and a few other places.

Hopefully thats true.  If there is a showing in LA, I'll be sure to hit it up.

Yea Magnolia Pictures have the theatrical rights to the film.. With Pulse they ran in it in a couple theatres and than put it out on DVD.. I'm hoping they go full speed ahead with this movie and not wait around for the remake..

Asian horror movies rarely get big releases stateside and in canada, but it sure would be nice to this one in a few theaters.

So who does the remake? tongue

I am so pumped for this film.  I love monster films...looks like a great update of '50s monster flicks.

They haven't announced who bought the rights yet.. Last we heard there was a bidding war over them.. So someone definetly paid alot of money..

thegoldensimatar wrote:

So who does the remake? tongue

I am so pumped for this film.  I love monster films...looks like a great update of '50s monster flicks.

It's been a helluva a long time since someone did a good '50s esqe monster film.It's about time they updated the monster movie.

Definatly.  Though if a US remake is done there is always the chance they alter it to a bunch of teens looking for their friend or trying to escape the monster's lair.  That would stuck.

Still, I love the '50s monster films like THEM!, The Deadly Mantis, Tranutla...AMC had for a few months a morning movie that was usually a monster film from the '50s or fantasies from the '60s/ '70s.  Loved waking up in the morning when I was a kid and watching these films...usually one or maybe two films without commericals.  Man....I woudl kill a whole Saturady morning like that.