the ghoul wrote:

one of my fav sci-fi horror series
1.phantasm 2
2.phantasm
3.phantasm3
4.phantasm4

when u die u dont go to heaven
u come to us!!!!

It's my personal favorite Horror series. I plan to have a marathon of all four again soon, thought it was only fairly recently I had a Phantasmthon this past October. The series is just infinitely rewatchable to me.

Re: Rank The Phantasm Series

BASSI wrote:

I never got into this series, i think i seen part of the frist movies on youtube!

Definitely give it another go, sometime. The way the whole series ties together over the course of the sequels is great.

Thought I'd give this a little bump, see if any more fans (or Phans big_smile) are here.

Bumping this again, if that's okay.

Giving this another bump with Phantasm II now out in an awesome new Blu-ray edition smile

I saw these around Xmas time

I rated them

1.phantasm 2
2.phantasm
3.phantasm3
4.phantasm4

Cool you finally got around to seeing them, it's a great series for sure.

Thought I'd share this, a damn cool rendering of the legendary Quadra Shotgun Reggie uses in the sequels:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-oKlSlqqLzww/TdbKzbUZROI/AAAAAAAAARg/iSGDgUcWdig/s1600/019.jpg

Always thought that'd be an awesome weapon to use in a video game.

The second Phantasm is my favorite. It seems really polished compared to the first one. As the sequels went on, it felt as if they lost touch who the Tall Man was. Personally I loved it when he was regarded as an alien who has come to take out dead as soldiers. Felt it got kind of muddied when they started using him as a undead boogeyman.

The Tall Man was definitely creepy early on in the series. He always struck me as a bit of an alien with the space aspect of him.

My favorites go chronologically, 1 2 3 4

Phantasm II turns 25 tomorrow, anyone watching? I'll try to tune in.

I'll be marathoning the series as part of my Halloween viewing, anyone else doing the same?

With the upcoming Ravager coming out later this year I wonder where it'll rank for the fans? I have a feeling it'll be my new third favorite after 2 and 1.