Topic: Grimm (TV) Thread

Has anyone watched this new show?

Vampy & I checked out the pilot episode.  There are beasties among that look like normal people, except to certain lines of people (called Grimms) that can see their true nature.  Most beasties are bad, Grimms hunt them down.

It looks like it may have promise, but it depends on how they treat it.  The protagonist is a cop and a Grimm, and it looks like he'll have the help of one the non-bad beasties.  And that's about it so far.

For some reason I got the feeling of 'Forever Knight'. 

Any thoughts?

Re: Grimm (TV) Thread

The wife and I watched it as well. We both enjoyed it. Has a Supernatural feel but with Fairy Tales instead. It does have promise and I hope it keeps up.

Would be a good filler when Supernatural ends.

I will watch another episide with hopes that it will get better. So far it hasn't grabbed me at all.

EDIT: I was however impressed that the cast were adults and not teens.  that is something in it's favour.

Last edited by Glenn-BoB (2011-11-03 09:07:17)

I watched the first episode and thought it was ok, but nothing real special. I'll give it a chance and watch a couple of more episodes.

I'll have to say I was also underwhelmed at the first episode, but AHS's 1st episode didn't light my fire, either.  So, yep, wait and see what they have up their sleeves.  (Conundrum with shows that may become good- they need to establish characters, which takes time, but can also turn off the audience with today's "ooo shiny" attention span)

Interesting episode.  A new, kinder generation of Grimm?  heh.  I'm starting to like his BlueBod (?) friend- "I think I went too far."  lol

I'm kind of disappointed to see the reaction to this show.  I, for one, am loving it.  I think the combination of children's fairy tales into a modern police story to be completely intriguing.  This is right up there with "Once Upon a Time" for me with a completely different vibe (not better, not worse.)  For me, this is a more horror aspect to the fairy tale where as Once Upon a Time has more of the fantasy value of it.

I do have a question about the third episode though.  It's the story about the bees.  My initial reaction was that it was a pied piper reference.  However, when the bees came into play, I couldn't figure out what Grimm story it followed.  Any ideas?

One final comment.  The poll that's associated with this thread is between two great storytellers (or compilers of stories) are pretty racist if you look at their story history.  It's a shame really.

EDIT:

Weird, it only posted half of my post.

Last edited by DrChannard (2011-11-17 04:56:00)

^^
Haven't seen Epi 3 yet.

As for the poll, it was just something that popped into my head at the time.

This is due to start in the UK soon. What's the verdict - worth watching or not? smile

^^
I find it interesting, still seems trying to find its footing.  Not the best in my opinion, but better than a sitcom any day.  For me, it's a secondary type show.  I'd say give it a shot for an episode or 2 to get a feel.

I like  it.

Yay for spammers!

Last edited by azathoth (2012-02-04 11:01:44)

I got this in my watch list , seen the first ep, really liked it