Re: Let The Right One In <2008>

God, I love this movie.  Definitely one of my favorites of the last decade, if not all-time.

I thought the remake was wonderful too.

To me it was a love story but with a bit of brutality to it. I beleive it did what it was supposed to do by stiring up emotions. I was angry when Oskar was getting bullied, happy when they started to fall in love and moved when Oskar got his own back. The scene in the pool made me squirm but glad that Oskar would be free of those bullies. I did feel slightly sad that now Oskar would probably end up like Eli's "father". I beleive it was a book first or am I mistaken? Anyway, a brilliant film. I read in one review "it was what twilight only hoped to be" Not a huge blockbuster like Twilight but definately a more beautifully flawed love story.

Nocturnal wrote:

Nope .. Eli started life as a real life boy ! lol

What? No way. I always took that "I'm not a girl" line to mean not in the human sense. Is it better explained in the book I wonder? Have you read it?

It's a good flick, and one that i'd actually own a hard copy of.

I've never been a big fan of vampire movies but this movie just blew me away. Every shot was gorgeous, the two kid actors were without a doubt some of the best I've ever seen (I heard Lina Leandersson's voice was dubbed over to make it sound more masculine, I don't know if this is true, but even if it is, she was still remarkable), the story was engaging, the ending on the train was very haunting for me. Probably my personal favorite vampire film (though I love Vampyr, Nosferatu, Dracula, Horror of Dracula, etc., this film just amazed me).

Having read Carmilla by Sheridan Le Fanu recently I seem some similarities between stories, I wonder if it inspired the original author's book.