Topic: Movie Night #12- December 17th- FINAL QUESTION ABOUT MOVIE ORDER

Hi everyone!  Yes, I'm breaking the Thanksgiving/Christmas border here, but I would like a little input on the date.

Either December 10th or the 17th. 
I'm going to do a rolling schedule sort of like HFest so all time zones can get into it.  Once I figure that out, I'll let you know.

Movies up-
Silent Night, Deadly Night
Black Christmas (original)
Santa's Slay
Jack Frost

So vote or write which day you would like better.

[edit- from what I could tell, it looks like all the movies are on YouTube]

Last edited by azathoth (2011-12-02 18:05:49)

Re: Movie Night #12- December 17th- FINAL QUESTION ABOUT MOVIE ORDER

The 10th would be best for me because I'm taking my little bro to London on the 17th/18th to see his favourite band smile

I voted 17th, because on the 10th I MIGHT be gone to a birthday party (one of my parent's friends, not mine), but I could probably get out of it and make it on the 10th too.

I'm good with either. smile

depends on if we are moving or not if we arent either date is good with me if we are i might not be there at all sad

I'm thinking the 17th since I have two civil tests on the 14th.  You know how these things knock me out for a few days, and those tests are tech ones, so I need to study.

I'll make a decision this weekend.

Do what you gotta do Az, but I gotta change my vote.  I am unavailable the 17 now.  Obviously, just pick what works for you and everyone else...I'm just letting you know.  smile  Either way, thanks for setting it up.

Yeah, it looks like no matter if I pick the 10th or the 17th I'm losing half of the regulars.

Hmm, maybe if I run an "unofficial" Night on the 10th?  Kind of like HFest?  People who are busy on the 17th could hang on the 10th.   Still thinking about a doing a 'rolling' schedule for all the people that live in weird countries.  Like America... oh, wait. big_smile

Which reminds me- would Baby_Firefly & HorrorQueen like to be my helpers if I set up movies for you timezones?  (This is especially for the 10th, since I'm going to need to rest up for that week)

Last edited by azathoth (2011-11-30 00:51:11)

I dont have to move!!!!! so I will be there what ever night you have it!!!!!!

OK,

I'm making it the 17th.  I forget who said they couldn't make it, but I'm sorry about that.  [If all you people could, like, live in the same time zone (or in the same damn quadrant of the planet) and coordinate with Bobo The Scheduler, it would make things easier!  lol  ]

Here's what I'm going to do-
Starting at 8AM US Eastern time (1PM UK, 8PM Aussie) I'm launching the first movie.  Here is how the rolling schedule is going to work-

(US Eastern/UK/Aussie)-
8AM/1PM/8PM-             Movie A
10AM/3PM/10PM-         Movie B
12 Noon/5PM/Midnight- Movie C
2PM/7PM/2AM-             Movie D
4PM/9PM/4AM-             Movie A
6PM/11PM/6AM-           Movie B
8PM/1AM/8AM-             Movie C
10PM/3AM/10AM-         Movie D
Midnight/5AM/Noon-     Movie A
2AM/7AM/2PM-             Movie B

I feel this gives everyone a good shot at checking in at some point.

Here are the movies-
Silent Night, Deadly Night
Jack Frost
Black Christmas (original)
Santa's Slay

That is the order I plan on playing them.  If anyone has a suggestion for a better order, please let me know.  I plan on announcing on Sunday.  I'm only going to record 4 of the last 6, depending on how many people show up (give me a chance to capture all 4 movies) at each time.

So let me know if you would like me to change the order of films.  Please include a reason.

If Baby_Firefly and HorrorQueen want to run portions of this (i.e. when I'm freaking sleeping), let me know. Or anyone else in those weird times zones when only odd creatures are awake. big_smile

So 15 days to the last Movie Night of the year.

(Wonder if a January 1, 2012 Movie Night starting at midnight would be something worthwhile....)

Last edited by azathoth (2011-12-02 17:07:25)

Mad Maniac Monkey Man wrote:

(Wonder if a January 1, 2012 Movie Night starting at midnight would be something worthwhile....)

Only if you plan to make the craziest drunken movie related podcast ever wink
Seriously dude, I can pretty much guarantee that you'll get boatloads of drunken incoherent rambling idiocy for that one (and I'm not talking about me or puppy) It would be insane.
So, yeah, I say go for it wink

Cap Howdy wrote:

Seriously dude, I can pretty much guarantee that you'll get boatloads of drunken incoherent rambling idiocy for that one (and I'm not talking about me or puppy) It would be insane.

<---- Just look at that guy.   He KNOWS.

See, now THIS is what I'm talking about!  Lunacy spread wide and far!  Wolfy drinking wine, Puppy chewing on squeaky toys, Revenge's mom listening in, Lon doing... Lon things, Howdy ripping everyone.  Oh yeah.
And when Howdy says go for it, you just know it's going to be... something.  big_smile

Last edited by azathoth (2011-12-02 18:05:13)

But remember, even total failure counts as something (from a purely empirical research standpoint) wink

azathoth wrote:
Cap Howdy wrote:

See, now THIS is what I'm talking about!  Lunacy spread wide and far!  Wolfy drinking wine, Puppy chewing on squeaky toys, Revenge's mom listening in, Lon doing... Lon things, Howdy ripping everyone.  Oh yeah.
And when Howdy says go for it, you just know it's going to be... something.  big_smile

haha az my mum feels privileged to be a part of the crazyness lol

I'll be there, for sure.  I've already own Black Christmas and have DLed Silent Night, Deadly Night, so now all that's left to do is get my hands on the other two flicks.

Isn't Santa's Slay the one with that WWE dude Goldberg?  Looks super-cheesy.  Should be fun.

azathoth wrote:
Cap Howdy wrote:

i won't be drinking wine on new years eve,  lager and champagne, possibly some other spirit, maybe even Tequila, now that stuff gives me a hard on tongue

@Lon- yes, 'Santa's Slay' has Goldberg.  Real cheesy.

@Wolfy- That sounds wang-tastic!

Also, I believe all 4 movies are on YouTube for those who do not have them and do not want to D'L them.

Last edited by azathoth (2011-12-03 19:19:27)

i could be there for the 17th as I got santacon next weekend