Re: Favorite genre of music?

^Well you can stop right now 'cause that damn-sure had me crackin' up.   LOL

Black Sunlite wrote:

Okay, first, smooth-jazz, especially when I'm on the road (I need music that keeps calm with all those idiots out there driving around).

Then other times when I'm in the house or walking around listening to my iPod...

Old School R&B (mostly bands)

Regular Jazz (fusion, B-Bop and sometimes big-band swing)

Blues (electric...acoustical every now and then)

Contemporary Gospel

Christian Rock

Old School Rap

Classic Rock

Smooth R&B

Country (contemporary)

Classical when I'm usually working at my desk (no opera though, for some reason I just can't get into it)

and when I really wanna chill, New Age Ambient

other than that, talk-radio, news, recorded lectures, debates and speeches.

Christian rock ay? What christian rock bands do you like?

^ Actually, I can't really name any.  Christian Rock (along with Contemporary Gospel, Smooth R&B, Blues, Pop, Modern Country, New Age and Classical) is something I just turn on the radio (Live 365, Itunes, Winamp or Napster) to when I'm in a given mood.   I'm not really that into those particular music categories where I'll take down a list of names although I'll sometimes look up a really great song/jam in Napster and save it after hearing it.

Now Old School R&B, Jazz, Old School Rap and Classic Rock is where I can throw out names...a lot of names.

Cool thread. Not to surprised most of you are into rock. As for myself I am into WickedShit/AcidRap/Horrorcore mostly. Think of it as a horror movie set to hip-hop/rap. It's was a thing here in Metro Detroit, but it's been alot of other places for awhile now too. Also into 80-90's rap, some rock, big into comedy, nerd-core is always good, like some 60-70's rock, music from the 30's-40's-50's (ie, Fallout 3/NV, BioShock), MoTown,  little bit of bluegrass. Basically, I'll listen to whatever's good, but only really 'into' the Wicked Shit.

Old school heavy metal, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin..Some Jethro Tull, Green Day.

Oh yeah.....Black Sabbath Reunion..tour and new album...I say...FUCK YEAH!

I have really been into Symphonic Metal lately...Anyone else like these bands?

Within Temptation
Nightwish
Epica
Lacuna Coil
Apocalyptica

wonderlust wrote:

Old school heavy metal, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin..Some Jethro Tull, Green Day.

Oh yeah.....Black Sabbath Reunion..tour and new album...I say...FUCK YEAH!

It's good that you like old school heavy metal. I just can't stand the heavy metal music of today. Plus Black Sabbath is always great.

Last edited by HorrorAddict (2011-11-26 19:15:00)

I like pretty much anything that's good, but I'm not much a fan of hip-hop or rap (unless it's older stuff: LL Cool J, Run DMC, Whodini,  etc).

My favorites tend to be 80s music, alternative, grunge, hard rock and metal.  But again, I listen to just about anything if I think it's good.  If you look through my music collection you'll see all kinds of stuff from Henry Rollins to Kelly Clarkson, Metallica to Goo Goo Dolls, Primus to Fergie, Alice in Chains to Grandmaster Flash...all kinds of stuff.