Re: Walking Dead Season 2 Official Discussion Thread.

Ok...well, you all were clearly well past where I was.  lol  Your predictable is my I never saw it coming.  I'm actually normally pretty good about figuring these things out...but for some reason...just didn't see it.

Ghostseeker wrote:
alien25 wrote:

Did Herschel know all along that she was in the barn

Was thinking about this.  I think he clearly knew.  One option for why he didn't say anything is because he was protecting Sophia.  Another is some is some righteous belief that he didn't need to say anything.

I think he knew as well.  It will be interesting to see how that plays out in the second half and to find out what his motivations were.

Ghostseeker wrote:

Sorry you got spoiled Wolfie.  Yeah...my understanding was to keep these spoilers in this Thread.  Normally I am careful but here I was pretty free.

no worries Ghostie! i should have read the thread rules on here properly! am i Homer Simpson or what? smile

I don't think Hershel knew it was Sophia.  Remember, he said Otis is the one who rounded up the walkers.  And after having saved Carl, I think if he had known it was Sophia, he'd have told the group.  He may be ignorant in his beliefs on the walkers, and he may be over-protective of his farm and kin, but I think at base he's a good man, and would have told Rick and the others if he thought Sophia was one of the walkers in the barn. 

But, ultimately, I don't think it's going to matter if he knew it was Sophia or not.  Some of the group think he was hiding it anyway (going by the snippets it showed of the next episode due in February) so you know that's going to stir up a huge shit storm.

Man.  I cannot wait until February.  These 6 or 7 episode spurts are seriously pissing me off. lol

LoudLon wrote:

I don't think Hershel knew it was Sophia.  Remember, he said Otis is the one who rounded up the walkers.  And after having saved Carl, I think if he had known it was Sophia, he'd have told the group.  He may be ignorant in his beliefs on the walkers, and he may be over-protective of his farm and kin, but I think at base he's a good man, and would have told Rick and the others if he thought Sophia was one of the walkers in the barn. 

But, ultimately, I don't think it's going to matter if he knew it was Sophia or not.  Some of the group think he was hiding it anyway (going by the snippets it showed of the next episode due in February) so you know that's going to stir up a huge shit storm.

Man.  I cannot wait until February.  These 6 or 7 episode spurts are seriously pissing me off. lol

Hey, February is not that far away now and it won't be like the last couple of seasons of The Sopranos where we had to wait something like 18 months before the final, abreviated, season. smile

I didn't figure out Sophia was in the barn till the last minute. When they discovered there were walkers in the barn I immediately realized Herahall was keeping is family members in there, hoping for a cure a la Survival of the Dead.  To me that ruled out Sophia being in there since everyone at the farm including Otis knew that they were looking for the missing girl...you would think that woulda raised a red flag. They was searching fore the girl when Ricks boy was shot by Ortis...so like I said, even if Otis rounded up the zombies you would think Otis woulda mentioned the little girl in the barn...unless they felt they was protecting her by keeping it from the group.

Last edited by ChainSaW80 (2011-11-29 21:11:59)

The season finale was the tits.

I was hoping that the girl would be dead after they dragged it out for so long, but didn't figure they'd have the balls to do it.  I was wrong.  Sweet.

So, yeah, final episode, enough zombies for all the "not enough zombies" crew? wink
But, hell yeah, if you're gonna leave us hanging that's the way to finish.
And the ending pretty much made a laughing stock of Shane and his "Rick don't have the stones to make it" speech.

it's such a pain that we 've got to wait until February to see what happens next. is it me or do the zombies seem to be developing a kind of intelligence a la Romero's zombies?

wolfman1959 wrote:

is it me or do the zombies seem to be developing a kind of intelligence a la Romero's zombies?

No it's not you or the zombies, neither of you are showing signs of intelligence wink
Sorry Dave I had to do it.

^^ Ha-Haaaa

Yea, he did kinda ask for it....

I'm glad Rick was the one to pull the trigger.

Underdog wrote:

^^ Ha-Haaaa

Yea, he did kinda ask for it....

Undies!!!  i'm so disapointed in you right now! sad     don't encourage ol Captain  Poopypants, he'll start thinking he's funny and that will cause a fallout for the innocent that dwell with him namely the delectable Puppymonster and ms puppymonster :I
they will have to suffer the consequences, hours of bad jokes, puns, bad impressions, limericks and god knows what else. did you think of the consequences? no, i think not! next time doggie boy just stop and think before opening your pie hole. wink

I fart in your general direction! thank you. good day!  lol

wonderlust wrote:

i thought it would be her mother who would do it.

wolfman1959 wrote:
wonderlust wrote:

Nah, mom basically just fell over when she came out.  She gave her kid up as dead, but this was something totally unexpected.  I was wondering if Rick was going to man up and do what he had to do to keep control of the group.

El Wolfster- You have any free time on the 17th?  Christmas Horror Movie Night!

azathoth wrote:
wolfman1959 wrote:
wonderlust wrote:

Nah, mom basically just fell over when she came out.  She gave her kid up as dead, but this was something totally unexpected.  I was wondering if Rick was going to man up and do what he had to do to keep control of the group.

El Wolfster- You have any free time on the 17th?  Christmas Horror Movie Night!

we'll see my tree swinging friend. i'm out on the firm's christmas party at duxford aerodrome the night before until the early hours and i may still be recovering. it's an aviation fancy dress theme so any ideas will be welcome. no i am not going as an air hostess!!! oh i dunno though.....

^^
You need the scarf (or whatever you call them over there), no matter what! Goggles and hat optional.
Of course, I'm going on old timey aviation outfits.

I respectfully disagree with you guys on this one!  Yes, Rick pulled the trigger and did what was necessary with that situation.  However...the site of him taking the Walker for a walk on the leash a few minutes before that!??!?!  That cannot be erased.  It won't be forgotten by the group either.  Especially with Shane addressing the group, talking about how Rick is weak, then here he comes around the corner, with the Walker on the leash....made him look ridiculous.  Now, I know Rick will be redeemed and he really isn't weak.  I just think Shane jumped out as the stronger one in that situation.

Seriously? Standing there frozen at the sight of a little zombie girl makes him look strong?
I guess if he peed his pants you'd worship him as a god? wink
Rick definitely came out looking stronger at the end.
But hey, that's just my opinion big_smile

Yeah...you're right.  I guess if Shane wanted to make a village and live with the Walkers like Rick...that'd be better.  He could take them out for walks like Rick did.  Why kill them when they can co-exist?  wink

It's not so much that Rick wanted to co-exist with the walkers he was just willing to do whatever it took to ensure that the group had a safe place. If playing along with Herschel was what it too then he was going to do it. There was no need for the confrontation that Shane forced, maybe the time would have come when Herschel was willing to listen to reason, maybe Shane with his macho posturing has just lost them all their chance to stay. What's he going to do then? Force Herschel to let them stay? Will Shane's next stunt be to take over the farm at gunpoint?
Would you stay there with someone who had gone darkside like that?

I gotta go with Shane just flipped out.  I was wondering if he was going to start shooting the farm people for a bit.  Shane seems like a guy who is highly trained for certain missions, but when tossed into something way out there (plus his obsession with Rick's wife), he's just a wee bit unstable.

Rick was trying to mediate a peace between the two groups.  The walkers were nicely contained for... months?  You've been there for weeks, no problem.  Now that you know they're there, it's a problem?  I see the the risk involved (Dawn of the Dead anyone) if even a little slip-up happens.  Of course the doc is not comprehending the situation- let him live there until he is ineffective.  It can't be long.

Too often zombie apocalypse films are focused on the "hard assed" people.  Real world- unless they are a SEAL with advanced weaponry, they are the types that are going to get themselves killed.  A balance of rational thought and bad assedry will be a tad more effective.

Wow, this started off just as an agreement to Howdy's post above.
Heh.

i have to agree with the cap's view. i have just watched the final 4 minutes of last night's episode a few times on youtube and i firmly believe it will become one of the classic all time scenes from any t.v horror series.  This is amongst the best t.v series ever IMO. iF Andrew Lincoln  & Jon Bernsen don't win an emmy for their performances in this series there is no justice.

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2011-12-03 11:30:34)

wolfman1959 wrote:

i have to agree with the cap's view.

Shocking.  wink

Like I wrote a few days ago, I think Shane kinda lost it. 

Overall though, if one person is suggesting they reside together, with the Walkers hanging out on the same property (yes, locked up in a barn), and the other realizes how effing ABSURD this idea is, I'm not going with the dude that wants to hang with them.

Again though, Shane having everyone in a group, telling them what's going on with the Walkers in the barn, and how they need to kill them, and here comes all of your's hero...walking a Walker on a leash to the barn to keep him alive.  Priceless.

I think the cool thing though, is that the show was so great it got all us talking about it.

* Edit

Just going to add to this post instead of making a new one...

Clearly I'm in the minority here, but I keep reading that only Rick had the "balls" and "guts" to take out Sophie and that Shane "peed" himself and was scared.

It's not like Sophie came out of the barn, running and attacking everyone, while they all just froze in fear.  She came out and it lasted what, several seconds?  Less than a minute?  Yeah, it took a bit for everyone to ponder that here is this girl they knew, that they've been looking for.  She meanders out of the barn, adjusts to the light and looks around.  Not like she was an imminent threat...plus her mom was standing right there which complicates the emotional aspect of things.  So yeah,  Shane didn't just walk up and shoot her.  I don't think it was fear. I think it he had to take everything in, and felt bad for Sophie and her mom.  I don't doubt he would have taken her out if she came running out and wanted to eat them.

So just so I understand...you only have "balls" if you immediately shoot a child zombie that walks out not threatening anyone.  If you wait even a minute, even with her mom there,even if you know her, you are a coward. 

Yet, you all would trust someone that wanted to live next to Walkers that are confined in an old barn?  Why even shoot any of them?  Just lock yourself in the camper, or run ahead of them.  Clearly they aren't that much of a threat.

FYI...I'm not really trying to start a riot or anything...just having fun.  I respect all y'all's opinion.  smile

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2011-12-03 13:45:53)

IMO- Rick showed that he's a true leader by doing what was necessary for the greater good. Were it up to Rick, and if it were just him and his family. I think he would have burned the barn that housed the walkers. Yet Rick was the only one who had the nerve/balls to take out the girl in the end, knowing the possible repercussions of his actions and the pain it would cause.

As for Shane and his actions: He became transparent when he went buck wild on the walkers in the barn. I'm thinking a good portion of the group lost faith in him and are now more scared/intimidated of him than anything.