Topic: POLL: Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior, ROUND 7

This week's match-up:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/Sam.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/VS.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/Chucky.jpg

Two tough-to-kill mini-maniacs who can give every bit as good as they get.  Have at 'em!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before voting, please remember THE RULES:

1. Vote objectively for who you think is deadlier.  This is not a popularity contest.

2. Please be sure to comment below to explain why you came to your decision.  Those who do so, your votes will count as FIVE VOTES

Those who do not, or those whose explanations are in regards to the character's popularity rather than an objective comparing of the characters' abilities (see rule #1), your vote will only count as ONE VOTE.

3. Voting will be open for seven days, at which time I'll post the results.

Have fun, and vote responsibly. smile

Re: POLL: Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior, ROUND 7

Quick note: I've just realized I mis-typed Chuckie's weight.  It should read "20 lbs" (he is mostly made of stuffing, afterall...).

Ooh, nice match up, Lon.

I vote Chucky. Sam is cool and all, but Chucky would kick his ass. Super sharp lollipop? Pffft. Chucky's weapon choice is much more expansive then Sam's, giving him an immediate gain within the battle. Chucky also has voodoo power and demonic powers he can use to defeat Sam, and he has more intelligence too. Sam's intelligence seems to not be quite up to snuff with Chucky's (not that Chucky is a genius or anthing), but then again, I could be underestimating the little guy, too. Afterall, we only have ONE Trick 'R Treat movie, there haven't been any sequels to expand upon who or what Sam really is.
Nonetheless, Chucky would win, because he's definitely got the upper hand in battle. So he gets my vote.

I'd like to say Sam would win.  As most (including Lon) agree...Sam is from one of the greatest movies ever made.  smile  The original Childs Play was great, and the sequels?...ok I guess...but then the whole Bride of Chucky thing?!?!?!?!?

That said...Chucky is tried and true.  Battle tested and he keeps coming back.  Chucky would outlast Sam.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2011-12-02 01:35:09)

I'm going with Chucky.  Both are tough little shrimps, but Chucky uses a wider arsenal and has some magic.  It will probably either come down to some hoodoo, or Chucky escapes until Halloween is over.

Winner- Chucky

Remember folks, last day for this round.

Sam besides having a great name we must assume is the spirit of the Halloween/Samhain festivals. Being that the Samhain festival predates Halloween by hundred possibly thousands of years and involved ancient Celtic magic we can also assume little Sam is an ancient and very powerful spirit. The kind that Chucky in human form prayed to for life after death.

I think Sam would put Chucky in his place and possibly use him to do mischief on Halloween.

Winner: Sam

^^
Interesting take on Sam.  Never thought of it that way.  Nice.

Oh, and sorry about your co-workers.  Sounds like it was unexpected if they had rent-a-cops shuffling people out.  (Man I hate that scene.  Everyone left knows that there is no trust from management.)  Glad you're (mostly) OK.

azathoth wrote:

Everyone left knows that there is no trust from management.)  Glad you're (mostly) OK.

Thanks Az very well said. been through it before and it sucks. I am still filled with sadness for my friends anxiety for my own job, and anger, not at my company but just to how things are. And days like yesterday wake you up from your self imposed delusions.

Alrighty, then.  Voting is now over.  The results:

Sam:
Total Votes: 1 (2, minus my vote so I could see the results)
Justified votes: 1 x 5 pts each
Total points: 5

Chucky:
Total Votes: 3
Justified Votes: 3 x 5 pts each
Total points: 15

Winner: CHUCKY.

Round 8 will be up shortly.  Thanks to all those who participated. smile

Incidentally, my vote would have gone to Sam.  Yeah, Chucky's a mean little SOB but nto only does he give up the size, weight and strength advantage, but also, as Swollen mentioned, I see Sam more as the spirit of Samhain (thus his name) given physical form, hence why the old dude played by Brian Cox couldn't kill him.  I mean really, how do you kill an abstract concept? lol

I wasn't a big fan of Trick 'r Treat, but I did like the Sam character and wanted to see more of him.

If I had read Swollen's take on Sam, I probably would have gone with Sam, too.

Side note- the maker's are working on a sequel.  Based on Easter.  Including the bunny ears on Sam.  Unfortunately, I forgot where I read that. sad

Seriously?

Oy to the frickin' vey...

Damn, I waited too long and missed out. Gotta get my priorities back in order smile  Doesn't mean that I don't appreciate you taking the time to post these though, Lon. Just been kinda busy lately, and spaced it out to.