Re: Last Documentary You Watched?

Inside Job

A powerful documentary on the recent financial collapse.  I just saw it for the first time today.

^ Good doc.  Michael Moore's Capitalism: A Love Story makes for a good (if slanted) companion piece.

One by One we will take you: The untold saga of the Evil Dead.

Lemmy-  A documentary on the life and career of revered heavy-metal musician Lemmy Kilmister.

I just watched Lemmy a few weeks back.
It's amazing how well he's held up despite his larger-than-lifestyle, especially when you compare him to some of his addled peers like Ozzy.

I watched 
H.H. Holmes : Americas First Serial Killer

His Name Was Jason: 30 Years of Friday the 13th.

^ That was awesome!

Watchin one about Conan and the debacle with NBC.  Interesting.  Prob won't finish it tonight...getting tired.  smile

I Caveman.  Awesome.

Bowling For Columbine.

Watched:

More Brains: A Return to the Living Dead

Awesome if you love the first Return of the Living Dead movie!

The Union: The Business Behind Getting High.

It's a highly informative documentary, on pretty much every aspect of Marijuana.  I highly recommend it to everyone who's not quite "in the know" about this (basically) harmless plant.  This Doc put many things into perspective, for me.

Machete Maidens Unleashed -- 5.5/10

I was kinda disappointed with this one...its about the explosion of movies filmed in the phillipeans during the 70's and 80's. But basically it was about the films of Roger Corman. They did talk about Apocalypse Now briefly, but most of the movies covered didn't peak my interest. "Not Quite Hollywood" was a much better doc imo.

Pulling John - About arm wrestling.  Very cool.

Seven ages of rock  it was cool lots of R.E.M  and Nirvana  smile

Just got done with a fake documentary, but a pretty good one.  Street Thief.  Well executed, and they did a great job making it realistic in a lot of ways.  Def worth a watch.

More Brains! A Return to the living Dead - A fantastic doc on the making of Return of the living Dead, I loved it!

^^Ah! That one was good!

On The History channel: Vietnam in HD.

A 3 part series with footage of the Vietnam war gathered from around the world. Pretty harsh stuff to view, very educational, and emotional.

Last edited by Underdog (2011-11-10 18:52:00)

The People vs. George Lucas

Underdog wrote:

On The History channel: Vietnam in HD.

A 3 part series with footage of the Vietnam war gathered from around the world. Pretty harsh stuff to view, very educational, and emotional.

They have shown a lot more than I thought they would. Very hardcore doc about the war. So good though. Makes you want to go hug a Vet.

Tour of the Inferno: Revisiting Platoon

(doc. on Oliver Stone's Platoon, located under the 'bonus features' section on the DVD)

Metal Evolution by Sam Dunn on Much Music.  This week's episode was on early British Heavy Metal.  He covered Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, and Judas Priest.

I dug Much Music quite a bit when I lived in Canada, especially the show Loud which aired on Saturday Nights (if memory serves -- it's been ten years since I lived there).  Kind of the the MM version of MTV's Headbanger's Ball, only they also mixed in a lot of punk, grunge and heavy alternative stuff.  Anything that rocked, really.

I dug Much Music quite a bit when I lived in Canada, especially the show Loud which aired on Saturday Nights (if memory serves -- it's been ten years since I lived there).  Kind of the the MM version of MTV's Headbanger's Ball, only they also mixed in a lot of punk, grunge and heavy alternative stuff.  Anything that rocked, really.