Topic: POLL: Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior, ROUND 8

This week's match up:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/Mahogany.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/VS.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/Pluto.jpg

The guy who wrote the book on how to serve man takes on the guy who wrote the book on how to eat 'im.  Only one will be left standing come dinner time.  Who will it be?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before voting, please remember THE RULES:

1. Vote objectively for who you think is deadlier.  This is not a popularity contest.

2. Please be sure to comment below to explain why you came to your decision.  Those who do so, your votes will count as FIVE VOTES

Those who do not, or those whose explanations are in regards to the character's popularity rather than an objective comparing of the characters' abilities (see rule #1), your vote will only count as ONE VOTE.

3. Voting will be open for seven days, at which time I'll post the results.

Have fun, and vote responsibly. smile

Re: POLL: Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior, ROUND 8

A good matchup.  Strength on strength.  But Pluto really doesn't have much of a chance as he is just as likely to walk into a wall as hit Mahogany.  And besides, Pluto got downgraded a few years ago.

Winner- Mahogany in a swift and brutal fight.

Mahogany: Highly resistant to pain and also a sociopath. As skilled as any chef on this planet with his trio of cut-lery.

Pluto: Highly resistant to pain, but not a sociopath. Yields only an ax. Would rather skin you alive and use tenderizer on you, than beat you to a bloody pulp.

Battle of the Brutes: In record time in "The VS," battles Mahogany slices, dices, fillets, and then serves up Pluto as the main course.

Now I would pay to see this fight!! I had to go with Mahogany for this one though...both brutes, but I give the victory to the one with the most intelligence for this fight.

Hey, chuckle heads, only 1 more day for voting here!

Okay, folks, voting is now over.  The results:

Mahogany: 6 Votes (7, minus mine so I could see the results)
Justified votes: 3 x 5 points each = 15
Non-justified votes: 3 x 1 point each = 3
Total points: 18

Pluto: Zero votes

Winner by a landslide (comparatively speaking): MAHOGANY

With this being the last bout of month 2, this week's match (which will be posted shortly) will be the 2nd Month Finals, and will be a free-for-all between this month's 4 weekly winners.

As with the first month finals, there will also be an exhibition match posted this week.  Both matches will be up shortly.

Thanks to all those who participated this week. smile

How I'd break it down:

Thinking about this fight, I first considered the opponents each faced in their respective movies.

Mahogany was taken down by a photographer trying to save his girlfriend in a gruelling one-on-one fight.

Pluto was taken down by a nerdy father determined to rescue his kidnapped baby in a gruelling one-on-one fight.

As I weighed which opponent was tougher, I concluded that a father trying to save his child's life, no matter how nerdy that father may be, is going to be a helluva lot tougher than a photographer out to save his girlfriend.  A bit of a subjective view, but that's the point I came to.

Ultimately, however, the results were the same: they were both killed by their opponents, so I decided not to take that into consideration after all and look at it purely from a physical perspective.

Pluto is a big motherfucker who wields a wicked battle axe and is strong enough to use that weighty instrument as if it were light as a hammer.  He's "retard strong" (heh) and can take a lot of abuse.

Mahogany, as great a character as he is, is the smaller of the two.  His weapons may be more plentiful but they're also smaller, and as we saw in Hills '06 Pluto can shrug off multiple stab/impalement wounds and keep right on coming.  And while Mahogany is strong himself, he's not so strong that he can toss his opponent through walls, like Pluto did several times.

My take: Pluto wins.  He's just too big and strong for the cancerous Mahogany to deal with.

LoudLon wrote:

and is strong enough to use that weighty instrument

^ I was going to do something with this, but I just don’t have the energy today. smile

Thank God. lol