Re: HM Movie Night #12- Christmas Horror Official Announcement

"my occasional shouts of..."
BOLLOCKS!  lol

Bollocks is my favourite swear word. So expressive!

I wish I was going to be here sad I love love loved the last Fest. Hope we can have many more in the new year, I will be there for all of them! And you will have to put up with my sleep-deprived ramblings all over again. I think at Halloween HFest my record was 20+ hours without sleep and I'm aiming to beat it in the new year tongue

^^
You have not lived the experience of "Bollocks" until you've heard Wolfy say it.  It automatically turned all us North Americans British just by hearing it.  We now use the metric system and eat weird food.
lol

Us British eat weird food? Deep fried coca-cola and chocolate covered deep fried bacon are not something you would find over here! wink

Whereabouts in Britain is Wolfy from? Accent makes all the difference to a word!

^^
OK, I'll relent on the food thing.
I forget where the Wolf is from, but I remember I didn't recognize the name.  Not that that means much, since I only know the larger cities over there off the top of my head.

Midweek pimp pump bump.

HorrorQueen17 wrote:

Us British eat weird food?

Hey spotted dick is going no where near my mouth.

HorrorQueen17 wrote:

Us British eat weird food? Deep fried coca-cola and chocolate covered deep fried bacon are not something you would find over here! wink

Whereabouts in Britain is Wolfy from? Accent makes all the difference to a word!

i'm from the crappy university town of Cambridge, HQ. i am a native of the place and so therefore a rarity, i am not a student or a tourist! i am not posh eithier ! but then you being British yourself, you would know true Cambridgeairians don't talk like that. we are a cross between fenland and London and the more north we go the more  we are told we're from London. anyone who says we sound posh is talking " Bollocks"! smile

ps thanks for your kind words Az, and your rec ollections, i was really touched! lol
the memory of the first time i spoke with you yanks was when you took the piss out of how us Brits say Aliminnium ( excuse the spelling, i've lost the gift as i've got older).
i wish you all a good night as i have another exciting day of work tomorrow! bye! smile

I bet wolf has had some spotted dick.

@Wolfy- I totally forgot about the "aluminiumiummumum" episode.  I'm going to have to go back and listen to some of those podcast over the holidays- man, there are some fine moments in them.

swollenguy wrote:
HorrorQueen17 wrote:

Us British eat weird food?

But that's not to say it won't be coming near your mouth.

Ooooh...feel insulted?  Call Ibin Dist Attorney Services at 1-800-I-BURN-YU.

Heh.  Heh heh...

lol ^

swollenguy wrote:

I bet wolf has had some spotted dick.

i have .... Lovely especially with custard!!!!!!! big_smile

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2011-12-15 15:54:12)

swollenguy wrote:

Mine neither, I can assure you! big_smile Haha

wolfman1959 wrote:

i'm from the crappy university town of Cambridge, HQ. i am a native of the place and so therefore a rarity, i am not a student or a tourist! i am not posh eithier ! but then you being British yourself, you would know true Cambridgeairians don't talk like that. we are a cross between fenland and London and the more north we go the more  we are told we're from London. anyone who says we sound posh is talking " Bollocks"! smile

I've only ever met 2 (I think) people from Cambridge, but they didn't sound that posh. Then again, I'm from Leeds so the vast majority of people sound posher than me! I've got quite a broad Yorkshire accent and we tend to consider pretty much anyone from south of Leeds 'southern', which usually means posh lol! big_smile Nice to be with fellow Brits here too though, and I've never been able to understand why the Yanks call aluminium 'aluinum' - they're missing out letters!!!

Just a recap on the schedule (see the 1st post for the full breakdown of details)-

(US Eastern/UK/Aussie)-
8AM/1PM/8PM-              Silent Night
10AM/3PM/10PM-          Black Christmas
12 Noon/5PM/Midnight-  Jack Frost
2PM/7PM/2AM-              Santa's Slay
4PM/9PM/4AM-              Silent Night
6PM/11PM/6AM-             Black Christmas
8PM/1AM/8AM-              Jack Frost
10PM/3AM/10AM-           Santa's Slay
Midnight/5AM/Noon-       Silent Night
2AM/7AM/2PM-              Black Christmas

Now I don't promise to be the whole time.  I'm going to set it up like HFest at 8AM tomorrow, but if I'm not there, anyone who shows up can do their thang.

At 8PM, I'm going to be running it like a normal movie night (just with more movies).  Recorded, countdown, all that shnizzle.  Except that the movies will start on time, and if you're late, you'll have to catch up.

I'll call the convo "HM Christmas Horror."  Or something like that, I'm auto-inviting all my HM contacts into the convo, so it should work about as well as HFest ( lol  lol  lol  lol  ).  (If you weren't there, you missed me bugging out on the problems we had)

Anyway, hope to see a bunch of you tomorrow at whatever time! 
big_smile

Last edited by azathoth (2011-12-16 13:32:01)

Ok guys and gals. I am leaving L.A. tomorrow and headed back to TN. I am actually going to stop along the way when I get ready and join you guys. Looking forward to it.

Looking forward to our Fest!

I'm on skype right now. Doesn't seem like there is anyone there. hmm

Well, that and I can't find the program. lol

I'll check back later in the evening.

Oh, poo, I overslept.  Shocking, huh?
I'll get the convo up in a bit, once I have some tea.

I put up the prelim Skype convo for those of alternate time zones.

bunch of losers! no one is on! haha jk. I'm online for a while, than getting my ass on the road and will re-join you when I'm 'en-route'

Talked with Acey and Creature for a bit.  Had to tell Creature he needs to watch "Better Off Dead."  Youngin's.

They and I will be off for a few hours, so I'll see some of you later.  smile

i will be there, but got to make an appearance at a holiday gathering this evening with friends and beer and food  you know the usual holiday craziness!

^^
Cool, I got you added already.  Pop in when you bring your holidayfied butt home.  big_smile

Bump! Watching Silent Night Deadly Night right now.

Azz, LoudLon, Aceofspades, and Revenge is on. Come join us, whoever! smile