Topic: SK's Bag of Bones - New Mini-Series

I've never read this one, but Bag of Bones will be adapted into a mini-series. Filming starts this month.

http://www.stephenking.com/promo/bag_of_bones_tv/

Has anyone read the book?

Re: SK's Bag of Bones - New Mini-Series

Creature, I read the book years ago and loved it.  I always thought that it would make a good movie, and frankly, I am surprised that it has taken this long for it to become a reality.  Hopefully, it will be a good mini-series.

I have and enjoyed reading the book. Not a big fan of S. King movies, but reading his stories are almost always good stuff.

Pierce Brosnan is good casting especially since he has been a widower in real life. Mini series based on king novels on the whole turn out pretty good so the signs are good.

Guess I'm going to have to give this book a read! I just finished with "The Dark Half" and I am working on "Duma Key" right now.

I haven't read many of his books, but the ones I have read are: The Shining, Pet Semetary, The Green Mile, Different Seasons, and just recently of course, The Dark Half. But I love all of his books so far. He's a great author, and suprisingly, his works transer rather well onto film, IMO.

edit - damn those typos.
edit 2 -forgot to mention "The Mist" and "The Monkey" are shorts of his I've read, too.

Last edited by The Creature (2011-08-16 18:03:35)

^You must read 'It' Creature!  That is probably my favorite SK novel.

Jeez.  I think I've read maybe one King book since Needful Things, and that was Cell.

At the rate that dude writes, I'm already so far behind that he'll be long dead by the time I catch up. hmm

^He is very prolific indeed, what with all the short stories, books under his various psuedonyms and works that he written in coordination with other authors.  I have read a ton of his stuff, but nowhere close to everything that is out there.  Don't know if I could ever catch up either.

I've only ever read The Shining. Honestly, I find SK's stuff hard to read...way too in depth and detail oriented for my taste I suppose. The Shining was good but I felt compelled more than once to skip entire sections in fear of being bored to death by an overflow of useless information.

But I love most of the mini series' and movie adaptions, so im on board for this one.

alien25 wrote:

I think I definitely will, Alien! It's been sitting on my shelf collecting dust for about three or four years now. I'll probably start on it after Duma Key.
IT is a damn big book though, if I read it, it will be the longest book I've ever read!

The Creature wrote:
alien25 wrote:

I think I definitely will, Alien! It's been sitting on my shelf collecting dust for about three or four years now. I'll probably start on it after Duma Key.
IT is a damn big book though, if I read it, it will be the longest book I've ever read!

Creature, it is a big book, but let me warn you, once you start, you will not be able to put it down.  I had goose bumps going from the start, and I absolutely could not stop reading once I started.

Just saw this.  Thought it was good.  Entertaining and kept me wanting to see the end.  Thought a few parts were comical (not in a good way), and got kinda ridiculous.  Overall though, worth a watch.  Especially with it taped so I could forward past the commercials.

Just watched the first episode, I thought it was pretty good. Looking forward to watching the second (which I have recorded on the DVR too). I thought they did a good job casting.

Totally bummed I missed this since my cable was cut off...when I get internet cut back on though i'm sure I will find it on though the net.

Curious what you think Creech afetr you see the 2nd half.  I thought the 1st half was really good, then things got kinds weird with the 2nd.

Just finished up the second half, all in all, it's good. Though I didn't know this show was only going to be two parts long. I had it in my head that this was going to be one of King's super long (like, four and a half hours) mini-series! A bit disappointed it wasn't a show that would be at least four, or five episodes long. But at least we didn't get something that was too dragged out or anything.

Anyway,
Bag of Bones = worth a watch! Wasn't great, but it was good. smile

It put me to sleep.  Mick Garris strikes again.  I gave up after that and didn't even bother finishing.