Topic: Final Destination 5 (2011)

Wow, I can not believe, That I have not done thread on this yet!  (Well my first ever topic was Final destination 3, when I joined this site back in 2006)

As this is my Favorite movie of 2011 and I can not wait to get it on Both Blu-ray and DVD on Boxing day. to tell you the true, I am looking forward to boxing day more then Xmas day!

I will be there even before shops door opens, that how much I am dying to get this movie!

Here is my review of this movie!

This movie is a perfect example how to bring Franchise's back from the Dead.

As the last movie called The Final Destination(AKA Final Destination 4 killed the series! you can read my review of that movie here - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1144884/reviews-208

This movie takes it's  time to introductions  the character and some good character development at the start of the movie before the disaster scene.

The disaster scene was really Gripping from start to end of the scene, it had some really gore-tacit deaths on the bridge and the 3D effect in that scene blew me way! (More on the 3D later).

The Deaths scene in this movie are really intense and first death scene in this movie was really nail biting death scene, you will think they will die one way but they total different way and it will shock you.

The first death scene in this movie as to be the worst death of the whole series.

Really liked the fact they got the dark feeling back into this movie, when the victim hear or feel something strange with them before they are killed.

That reminds me of the dark shadow from the first Final Destination movie but I was little disappointed that they didn't use it for all of the death scenes.

The deaths scenes in this movie are really great and gory and can also be funny as the same time, ( with some Dark Humor  added into the mix)

The acting from 85% of cast was outstanding, Nicholas D'Agosto who played Sam acting was not great however he was a enormous improvement from Bobby Campo who played Nick in (The) Final Destination 4 and I was little disappointed with Emma Bell.

I thought she would do really well in this movie, Her acting in Frozen was outstanding but in this movie she could have done a lot better, saying that she only really stood out in two main scenes of the movie the rest of movie she looked a bit bored

The ending of this movie still really surprising (Already knew it was going to happen (it my own fault for reading spoilers ) but still it was really good twist and makes the movie even better and also little sad at the same time.

Now the 3D effect, I don't know how to describing how I felt about the 3D, For me this was the best 3D experience I have ever seen,

it's was trillion times better then 3D effect in last movie, The 3D in this movie was phenomenal.

As huge fan of this series, I would not mind if this was THE Final Destination movie in series as It would be the perfect ending to a great underrated franchise (Also liked how they made references to the other movies in the series!)

10/10

Last edited by BASSI (2011-12-21 17:04:15)

Re: Final Destination 5 (2011)

i know i'm getting some hmv vouchers from santa so will get " Final Destination 5 " with them so i can add that to the other 4. ( yes number 4 is easily the worst of the series). will also get " Rise Of The Planet of the Apes".

Plan on buying it next Tuesday when it's released. Glad to hear its good, part 4 was a total failure.

After the 4th installment, I am in no hurry to see the 5th.  I plan on waiting until it is available on Netflix, then I will check it out for sure.

Yep gonna snag this one on Tuesday for sure too.
The 4th one I waited until I found it for 6 bucks because I have to complete the collection now, but this one was pretty sweet, probably number 5 or so on my top ten this year... speaking of I am actually gonna make a top 10 this year, ok now I am off topic.

Last edited by Vamp_Slayer (2011-12-22 10:49:21)

The 4th wasn't as good as the others & i still haven't bought it but i still want to see the 5th.

Bassi, you were not wrong, this was f**king awesome. I love all the movies but wasn't as taken with the 4th one but enjoyed the 3D in the theatre but the 5th was back on track & a great way to finish the franchise or at least tie things up but i for one wouldn't mind a twist for us to have more movies cause they are so cool.

The ending was great cause i had not heard anything about prequels or anything so it came as a complete surprise, a brilliant way to finish it.

It's a shame that this might be the last cause i think it has been one of the best franchises in horror.

I just saw this a couple of nights ago. I thought it was pretty good. Interesting deaths, as we have come to expect from the franchise.

The ending was a lovely nod to the first movie too.

GaiasRevenge wrote:

I just saw this a couple of nights ago. I thought it was pretty good. Interesting deaths, as we have come to expect from the franchise.

There was also a lot of cool nods to all the moves throughout, i spotted Logs from the second but my son out did me with the rollercoaster pic(3rd) & the 6 on the car in the pic(4th) smile

My friend watched this and enjoyed it.
Another that I haven't seen to add to my list.

ZOMBIE SLASHER wrote:
GaiasRevenge wrote:

There was also a lot of cool nods to all the moves throughout, i spotted Logs from the second but my son out did me with the rollercoaster pic(3rd) & the 6 on the car in the pic(4th) smile

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten those other randomn bits.

I hadn't read a single review because I was avoiding spoilers before seeing it. The deaths were the best so far. It was entertaining and I liked the characters apart from the "baddy", I hated him as much as I was supposed to. Was so glad to see Todd back and the creepy feeling throughout.

The ending has to be one of the best endings in a while. Was great to see the things I loved about the 1st and 2nd come back to the series. Hated the 4th, was a bit meh with the 3rd but this one is definitely brilliant. I spent the beginning hunting for the ominous "180" big_smile

UltraViolence wrote:

I hadn't read a single review because I was avoiding spoilers before seeing it. The deaths were the best so far. It was entertaining and I liked the characters apart from the "baddy", I hated him as much as I was supposed to. Was so glad to see Todd back and the creepy feeling throughout.

The ending has to be one of the best endings in a while. Was great to see the things I loved about the 1st and 2nd come back to the series. Hated the 4th, was a bit meh with the 3rd but this one is definitely brilliant. I spent the beginning hunting for the ominous "180" big_smile

Glad you liked it, i'm a big fan of the series & loved the ending.

I finally seen it a few weeks ago sometime last month.  It was alright but didn't have the magic of the first two.  However, to me, the two high-points of the film was at the beginning and end.  Especially the end.  I just loved that "come around full circle" thing that went down. 

But also, the other thing that bugged me out was the way the gymnast died.  I was like, "WTF".

Was 4 in 3D?

Was 5 in 3D?

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2012-02-20 02:17:58)

^^ 4 was 3D in the theatre & on DVD but 5 i heard was 3D in theatre but it's not on my DVD.

GaiasRevenge wrote:
ZOMBIE SLASHER wrote:
GaiasRevenge wrote:

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten those other randomn bits.

It's been on sky last 7 days, Everyday I been watching parts of it, Funny the other day, Final Destination 5 just started one channel the other side Final Destination ended,

Spoilers
There are so many nods to other movies.

Here are are the clues for the past movies (also clues to there deaths)

1) in the last scene of the movie, We see picture of Roy, and then next to that picture is him standing next to Yellow Race car number 6, that crash in Final Destination 4

2) When olivia was leaving the office, she Drop a picture of The Devil roller  coasters (FD3) and also crack was on hers Right eye.

3) The restaurant that  Sam works in , is the place where carter dies at the end of  Final Destination

4)  olivia  is getting burned by laser, Bear looking at her, Just like when Tod from Final destination was getting strangled in bath, toys are looking at him.

5) Last words in Final Destination 5 were Life' A Bitch " (This was same thing said on someone t-shirt in The Final Destination before the crash)   

6) The Log Truck (FD 2) that named Tagert , that Sam see goes pass the Bus.

6) Tagert is also the same name as theater in The Final Destination

7) On the BUS the TV Adverts start with 180

8) The bus number there on is 1282, which mean 1+2+8+2 =unlucky  13!

9) Beer that Nathan brings, Is the same beer from truck from FD 2 and FD 3 and Carter also drinking in TFD 4 before he gets killed

10) in the office, you can see on counter there plane and Race car models.

11) The Doctor too  olivia asks, what made you take the LEAP today!?

12) Molly is on place, reading a mag which is Adverting the clinic that Olivia died.

If I see any more, I will post!

Last edited by BASSI (2012-10-12 11:38:49)

horror is not much in this movie,,,,,,but thriller scenes are horrible in this movie,,,,,