Topic: POLL: Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior ROUND 9

Now that the 2nd Monthly Final is over, we now start a new month of rounds.  This week we have...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/Ash.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/VS.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/3RageInfected.jpg

(NOTE: This week's match is a special circumstance.  I figured that with his experience battling Deadites, and given his chainsaw hand and shotgun, Ash wouldn't have a problem handling a single rage-infected maniac so I chose instead to pit him against THREE.  Should the rage-infecteds win this week their number may change in future matches, depending on the opponent.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before voting, please remember THE RULES:

1. Vote objectively for who you think is deadlier.  This is not a popularity contest.

2. Please be sure to comment below to explain why you came to your decision.  Those who do so, your votes will count as FIVE VOTES

Those who do not, or those whose explanations are in regards to the character's popularity rather than an objective comparing of the characters' abilities (see rule #1), your vote will only count as ONE VOTE.

3. Voting will be open for seven days, at which time I'll post the results.

Have fun, and vote responsibly. smile

Re: POLL: Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior ROUND 9

Everyone knows Ash is my guy, so here's my explanation.

Ash has fought multiple deadites at a time before, so 3 Rageos will not be outside of his experience.  If the three of them drop on him from above at the same time, he'll get bit and then we'll have Rage Ash.  Which would be cool and all, but that's a loss. 

In a normal situation (ironic turn of phrase, eh?), Ash would run into them in a building, on the street, etc.  The Boomstick© would deal at least serious wounds to of the Rageos.  Ash bonks the fully functional one over with either the gun or the chainsaw, and fires up SpinningGlory©.  After that, it's just a balletic dance of rotating carbide teeth and flying body parts. 

Ash then stops by S-Mart for a quick kiss from the babe and grabs a mojito.

Winner- Ash

(Honorary Mention- Rage Ash  big_smile )

^^^ And a Sam Axe reference, to boot!  Nice! lol

^^
And I can't believe it's on holiday until the summer!  Ahh!  Well at least Justified is coming up, that's a nice replacement.

Ash gets caught in a time vortex and is transported to a not-so distant future in N.Y....

" Now where the hell am I?" Looking around the landscape, Ash sees nothing familiar around him other than lots of very tall buildings, abandoned vehicles, lots of garbage, and a slight odor; the stink of flesh. Wandering aimlessly through the streets and exploring abandoned shops for water & food, Ash * finally* hears what sounds some what like a struggling voice...voices. " Hopefully someone can clue me in where the hell I am?" With long strides he tries to pin point where, and in what direction  the voices are coming from. Always leery, pessimistic, and well aware of his traditional bad luck, Ash slows down his pace to a slow stride. * clink...clink...kr-thud, kr-thud, kr-thud* Side stepping into an alley way he sees 3 raging un-dead, and they're running straight towards him, and fast. " Aw' fuck not again!! Your not the Hooter girls!  Boom Stick time!"  Kissing his 12 gauge weapon and then checking to be sure it's fully loaded, Ash pulls the trigger * Ka- Boom...*  " 1 Down, 2 to go. Why me?" Running away Ash slips on a banana peel, hits his head on a trash can: breaking his nose, then lands on the unforgiving asphalt. Slightly dazed, but not confused. Ash pulls out some much needed ammo from his belt. Locked & loaded, pissed off to the max, Ash gets off another shot just as one of the smelly, raging fucks is diving at him.  * Ka-Boom*  " Off with your head. Tylenol ain't gonna cure you" * Another infected lunges at Ash *  " You ugly stinking son a bitch ain't having me for a meal today!" Wrestling for his life for what feels like hrs, Ash finally gets the upper hand. Grabbing a broken bottle from the ground, Ash drives the bottle through the mouth of the last undead.Killing it instantly! " Now, where's a damn 7-11. I need a Slurpee and bean & cheese burrito!"

Edit: As Ash begins his journey in search of a well earned Slurpee & burrito he begins to feel odd. Wiping a few blood droplets from his eyes....

Constantly in deep shit, always the Underdog, never someones/somethings easy meal. Ash, reigns victoriously.

Last edited by Underdog (2011-12-23 00:36:27)

Underdog wrote:

Constantly in deep shit, always the Underdog, never someones/somethings easy meal. Ash, reigns victoriously.

That sums it up perfectly!

Ash is a bad ass, he never runs out of shells for his shot gun or gas for his saw. he's faced legions of evil and would make short work of these guys.

Hail to the king!

Once again the Underdog delivers with the story.  (And people keep wondering why I call him Superdog)

^^ This one was easier to write because I'm much more familiar with Ash. I usually make a few changes after reading it. * Hence the "Hooter" girls line *

My nephew is named Asher after Ash

My son is named Damion, after Damien from the Exorcist.

Joking  big_smile

Hm.  I'm wondering if anyone's taking into consideration the fact that Ash tends to get blood spewed in his face regularly in the ED flicks... big_smile

LoudLon wrote:

Hm.  I'm wondering if anyone's taking into consideration the fact that Ash tends to get blood spewed in his face regularly in the ED flicks... big_smile

Everyone knows Ash is immune to blood borne pathogens, due to his XYYYYYYYYYYchromosome. his sweat is a disinfectant and blood can cure most dieses.  He is the fictional equivalent of Chuck Norris sans martial arts

^^ Ewww'...point well taken. That had skipped my mind. Touche, Lon. Always on your A game.

^^^  Seriously, I came up with this fight just to frustrate Ash fans.  Yes, Ash is wicked sharp with his chainsaw and boomstick but he has the worst defense in the world when it comes to blood and other fluids being spewed at his face.  Think about it; how many times in ED and ED2 did Ash take a full-on blast of blood straight to the face with his eyes and/or mouth wide open? lol

And now he's fighting an opponent whose chief offensive weapon is an ability to projectile vomit rage-infected blood.  And it ain't like ol' Ash comes equipped with a shield or a riot helmet... big_smile

Was it ever determined if just casual exposure to the Rage was enough to transmit, as it (for my very faulty memory) was usually from bites?  I'm also kinda with Swollen in that Ash must have ingested every f'n bacteria & virus every and is one huge immunity factory.

(Still like the idea of Rage Ash, though.)

Remember in 28 Days Later, Brendan Gleeson's character turned after a single drop of blood fell into his eye.  Other characters were infected after only having had the blood vomited into their faces.  In fact I can't recall off-hand anyone ever being bitten by an infected in the "28" flicks (though I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong).  Remember, they're humans infected with a virus which turns them into homicidal maniacs -- not zombies.

All it takes is the infected blood being introduced into one's system, in whatever way, and it's game over.

^ Good points Lon.  Just seems Ash adapts well to what he's fighting.  He's faced many different evils, been beat to hell, cut up, and still comes out.  I gotta go wish Ash.  I think he'd find a way to not fight em without getting infected.

Lon - Where did you get that still shot for the Three Infected poster?  Is that the beginning of 28 Weeks?  Just curious.

Yeah, it's from 28 Weeks.  It was the only half decent pic I could find of three ragers in the same shot -- though it actually had seven or eight, and I just cropped it. big_smile

LoudLon wrote:

Ash will win this battle without a doubt.......but he is going to have to take extreme precautions not to become one of the infected himself.

His weapons (chainsaw and boomstick) tend to be on the 'messy' side.......splash back is going to be a problem for him. AS it's already been pointed out, if just one tiny drop of infected blood enters his
bloodstream......it's game over for him!

But Ash is resourceful and clever......he will emerge victorious! smile

Underdog - I love reading your stories for these battles. You put so much thought and effort into it......thank you! smile

azathoth wrote:

Was it ever determined if just casual exposure to the Rage was enough to transmit, as it (for my very faulty memory) was usually from bites?  I'm also kinda with Swollen in that Ash must have ingested every f'n bacteria & virus every and is one huge immunity factory.

(Still like the idea of Rage Ash, though.)

I've been giving this a bit of thought (probably a little bit too much lol).......here's my take on it -

The only two people to ever have shown any kind of immunity to the Rage virus are Dons' wife and son from '28 weeks'. Now they also shared the same rare eye condition (one blue, one brown) which suggest that this is a genetic immunity.

Seeing as how Ashes eyes are the same colour......i don't think he'll be lucky enough to be naturally immune to this virus.

I still maintain that he will win the battle..........but whether he remains uninfected is another kettle of fish! wink

Last edited by twistedsista (2011-12-22 07:21:53)

twistedsista wrote:

I still maintain that he will win the battle..........but whether he remains uninfected is another kettle of fish! wink

Ah, a caveat.  I like.

Just to clafiry, folks, I'm completely unbiased in these fights.  Well, that's not entirely true -- I do have my favorites, but I don't post who I think would win or why so as to avoid swaying anyone's opinion. 

And I also want to clarify that I'm not endorsing the rage-infecteds.  I just wanted everyone to realize that given the rage-infecteds abilities and tendency to splatter their own blood all over hell and half of Georgia, this might not be so clear-cut a win for Ash, who has just as much a tendency to be splattered upon.

Heh.  It still cracks me up in the ED2 when the wall fire-hoses a stream of blood into his face, and what does he do?  He just stands there and lets it. lol

When a man (or woman) knows he's the shinizzle, he just says-
"Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

Rollin' man style.  big_smile

Or whatever the fuck this thing is
<------------------

Heh.

Happy holidays to all!

(I'm still tired and worn out.)

Last edited by azathoth (2011-12-22 11:53:46)

twisted: " Underdog - I love reading your stories for these battles. You put so much thought and effort into it......thank you!"

Thank you, twisted!! I try to put some thought into them and just have fun.

All right, after taking into consideration Lon's point of Ash ALWAYS getting practically drowned in blood in all his battles. I rethought the possibilities and re-edited my story.

Ash still won. Although not without consequence!

This is too good not to...                             * Bump*