Re: 2011 MLB Thread

After losing H. bell in free agency to the Marlins S.D. just acquired closer H. Street from the Rockies. Can Street can stay healthy is the big question??? If so, there's potential. That's a big "IF!"

wel, well, well the halos got both c.j. wilson and albert pujols. I'm very excited for next season to see if they were good deals or not.

albert pujols - 10 years 250-260 million dollars
c.j. wilson - 5 years 77.5 million dollars

Last edited by daxter (2011-12-08 14:50:33)

According to Yahoo sports; The reconstruction of the San Diego Padres resumed in earnest Saturday morning when they traded 24-year-old right-hander Mat Latos to the Cincinnati Reds in return for four players – first baseman Yonder Alonso, right-hander Edinson Volquez and two well-regarded prospects, catcher Yasmani Grandal and right-hander Brad Boxberger.

Well Lon I hope your happy  smile with this trade? I am. Not taking anything away from Latos, but S.D. needed to do some rebuilding. When his contract was up we probably wouldn't have had the pesos to re-sign him. Hope it works out for the best for both teams.

Yahoo sports reports; The Cincinnati Reds acquired left-handed reliever Sean Marshall from the Chicago Cubs on Friday for young lefty starter Travis Wood and two other players.

Cincinnati sure is keeping busy doing lots of wheeling-n-dealing with the pitching staff. That should be a good thing, as offensively they're solid. It was their pitching that was their achilles heel.