Topic: POLL: Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior, ROUND 10

This week's match-up:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/BrundleFly.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/VS.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/Xenomorph.jpg

Bio-insectoid acid drooler versus bio-mechanical acid bleeder.  Acid, acid, acid...doesn't anybody just pop quaaludes anymore?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before voting, please remember THE RULES:

1. Vote objectively for who you think is deadlier.  This is not a popularity contest.

2. Please be sure to comment below to explain why you came to your decision.  Those who do so, your votes will count as FIVE VOTES

Those who do not, or those whose explanations are in regards to the character's popularity rather than an objective comparing of the characters' abilities (see rule #1), your vote will only count as ONE VOTE.

3. Voting will be open for seven days, at which time I'll post the results.

Have fun, and vote responsibly. smile

Re: POLL: Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior, ROUND 10

Xenomorph would destroy The Fly.  Would rip em apart.  I know that's not much of an explanation, but not much is needed on this IMHO.

Hope everyone is having a good Christmas.  Thanks for taking the time to Post this today Lon.  smile

Oh how this match up breaks my heart!! sad

I love 'Brundle-Fly'..........such a tragic tale of love and loss.

But alas, he is no match for the ruthless and deadly hunter that is the xenomorph..........i fear this match-up would be over in seconds! sad

R.I.P Brundle-Fly x

If the Xeno can take out a Predator, it's not having much of a problem with an overgrown, drooling insect.  I expect Brundle to be pinned to a wall somewhere.

Winner- Xeno

Xeno would swat Brundle to the wall, is my guess. He wouldn't stand a chance!

For me there isn't a single way I could think of where Brundle-Fly could actually beat Xenomorph, so he has to win!

Believe it or not, I think these two characters are actually rather evenly matched.  We didn't get to see Brundle-Fly do a great deal once he'd fully transformed, but his strength and agility increased exponentially during each stage of his transformation.  Immediately after the teleportation experiment he was strong as hell, could climb on walls and had gymnast-level agility.  When roughly half-Brundle/half-fly, he jumped off a rooftop and landed safely even while carrying a full-grown woman.  So I think it would be safe to say that come final transformation his was likely even stronger and more agile -- we just didn't get to see it.

At any rate, I'd rate Brundle-Fly as the stronger of the two, though I'd say they're about even in regards to speed and agility.

The big question in this fight is whether or not Brundle-Fly's intelligence would help him contend with the Xenomorph's larger array of weaponry.  At least, that's my take.

Creative match up, but Alien is the Predator’s prize game for a reason. A perfect killer created over ions and sporting body armor like exoskeleton vs a lab accident, I say Alien takes it.

Speaking of Predator, wait 'til you see who I've got him butting heads with.  Should be a good 'un. big_smile

Point well made Lon, but in my opinion his intelligence could be more of a hinderance than a help.

He may well try to over-think the situation........whilst the xenomorph will just strike with deadly accuracy.

LoudLon wrote:

The big question in this fight is whether or not Brundle-Fly's intelligence would help him contend with the Xenomorph's larger array of weaponry.  At least, that's my take.

Now, it's been a few years since I last saw The Fly, so forgive me if I'm wrong, but doesn't his intelligence wane as he transforms? I have a feeling he becomes more animalistic, acting more on impulse and instinct.

In which case I have to follow rhetoric and give it to xenomorph, purely due to the weaponry and armour.

I would prefer Brundle-fly to win though

At best the fly only has high 20th century human intelligence and since the technologically advanced humans of the future didn’t fare to well against the Aliens I don’t see smarts helping too much. Even Ripley only survived for awhile

LoudLon wrote:

Speaking of Predator, wait 'til you see who I've got him butting heads with.  Should be a good 'un. big_smile

I PM'd you.  I got a question on this one matchup.

And I see you're back to your old avatar.

Last edited by azathoth (2011-12-27 14:10:17)

After being kidnapped by a intergalactic race of aliens and taken to the distant planet of Tralfamia. Brundle-Fly & Xenomorph are placed in a spherical shaped housing for the the viewing pleasure of their audience...

Brundle & Xeno begin to awaken simultaneously. Confused, groggy, and unaware he's not alone, out of primal instinct Xeno cautiously surveys his surroundings. All too soon he realizes he's in a strange place. Brundle scarcely can see anything at this point, but is able to gain balance and prop himself up from a nearby oval wall. Brundle attempts yet again to focus. As soon as Brundle's vision clears he spots another body in close proximity. The two stare at one another. Xeno sizing up, Brundle. Brundle trying to just make sense of, Xeno. A voice is then heard by both... " Welcome to Tralfamia. We Tralfamians are communicating with you telepathically. Understand that you have been taken here for observation purposes only. We mean you no harm and hope to accommodate you both, to the best of our abilities. If there is anything you may need? We are able to supply it."  Xeno raises his deadly spiked tail, pointing it upward, gesturing defiance! Brundle quickly realizing that, Xeno's not happy about the situation slowly retreats backwards, distancing himself from Xeno. As Xeno's rage some what subsides, he turns his attention to Brundle who's now on all fours.

Xeno can't hold back! Xeno spits his acid fluid towards Brundle and shrieks a deafening cry of hostility. With tail erect Xeno swiftly lunges at Brundle. Brundle quickly springs upward to avoid the assault. Now clinging to the oval ceiling, Brundle contemplates his next move? Xeno lashes his deadly tail targeting Brundle. While still clinging to the ceiling and having to reposition time and time again, just barely out of Xeno's reach, Brundle narrowly escapes harm. Conflicting thoughts occur to Brundle. "Can Xeno be reasoned with? Should I attempt to reason?  yes...no...??... NO!!"  Survival mode kicks in. Brundle decides to fight back! Frustrated, Xeno hurls acid at Brundle. This time Brundle doesn't fully escape the lethal projection. The acidic properties quickly begin to rot and burn away at one of Brundle's legs. Unable to keep his hold on the ceiling, Brundle drops to the floor. Knowing his foe is handicapped, Xeno senses a possible victory. Standing above the injured Brundle, Xeno bends down, just inches away from Brundle. Xeno prepares to lunge his spiked tongue into Brundle's skull. Ending this facade, so he can focus on escaping his imprisonment. Brundle, without notice grabs onto Xeno's spiked tail. Pulling Xeno off balance, onto the floor, and spitting his own acid onto the face of Xeno. Now partially blinded and disoriented, with inhuman strength Brundle drives the tail into Xeno's brain. Xeno lashes blindingly, furiously, and futile! Brundle-Fly is already clinging to the ceiling. Safe form harm. Like a fly on the wall...

Winner: Brundle-Fly.

In this match I wanted to try something different. Why not have the underdog win this match? After all it is possible! Kinda like the (NFL) Colts winning a game or two this yr. And it did happen, but who woulda thought. So there ya go.

Last edited by Underdog (2011-12-27 20:02:05)

^^^ Awesome post-match write up Underdog! smile

Twisted -- I don't know if he'd over-think it.  Yeah, he's a brilliant scientist, but come final transformation he also possessed the instincts of an insect -- mate, feed, kill.  No fear or hesitation there.

Swollen -- Brundle's beyond late 20th century intelligence.  He created a teleportation machine, after all.  Dude's got more smarts than hair on his head.

Gaias -- firstly, welcome!  As for his intelligence waning, no, I don't believe it did.  He still had the smarts to program the teleporter.  Like I mentioned to twisted, he had his brains AND an insect's natural instincts to kill without remorse or hesitation.

Incidentally, I'm not backing either the Xenomorph or Brundle-Fly or attempting to sway anyone's opinion.  I just post the matches and clarify abilities as I perceive them.  I don't expect anyone to follow my logic; I just enjoy the fan-boy aspect of this stuff and discussing it.  It's like when we were kids and we'd argue who'd win if Superman and Hulk fought (by the way, I'd vote Hulk any day of the week and twice on Sundays big_smile ).

Undie, bang-up blow-by-blow, per your usual. smile

azathoth wrote:
LoudLon wrote:

Got it.  Check your pm's. smile

Yeah, I figured I'd had Butch from Pulp Fiction long enough.  Also it's a late birthday present to Mistress.  lol

* Bump*

Thanks for the bump, Undie. smile

Voting ends tomorrow, folks.  That's one more night to put in your two cents.

LoudLon wrote:
azathoth wrote:
LoudLon wrote:

Got it.  Check your pm's. smile

Yeah, I figured I'd had Butch from Pulp Fiction long enough.  Also it's a late birthday present to Mistress.  lol

aaaw  !  Thanks Lon !!   I LOVE my late birthday present !!!  big_smile
you know how I dig this Avatar

You're welcome.  Happy late birthday, late merry christmas and roughly right on time Happy New Years. big_smile

This one is to hard...

Xenomorph wins, its so tough to call but we have seen these aliens in action much more than Bundle Flay and they are some nasty friggin' killin' machines!

Right-o, folks.  Voting is officially over.  The results:

Brundle-Fly
Total Votes: 1 (2, minus mine so I could see the results)
Justified votes: 1 x 5 pts each = 5
Total points: 5

Xenomorph
Total votes: 9
Justified votes: 6 x 5 pts each = 30 pts
Anonymous votes: 3 x 1 pt each = 3 pts
Total points: 33

Winner: XENOMORPH

Thanks to all who participated, and keep an eye out for ROUND 11, which will be up directly. smile

Was a bit surprised no one caught/mentioned the skewed nod (Tralfamia; I know it's actually Tralfamadore) I gave to K. Vonnegut's: Slaughterhouse five.

Oh vel...

K. Vonnegut?  Who's that?  Look at you, just making up words...

How I'd break it down:

Xenomorph attempts to stalk Brundle-Fly, but to no avail; having eyes like a fly, BF spies Xeno trying to sneak up on him and avoids the attack with time to spare.  His insect instincts command him to attack, but his genius intellect tells him to observe the alien first, see what it's bringing to the table.  He notices the spiked tail.  Sees the claws.  Notices the fangs.  With his proportionate fly-like strength and agility, he attacks.

Xenomorph is out of his element.  It's never faced so strong an opponent head on before; sure it may have battled some Predators, but those foes attack while camouflaged and are tricky.  A head-to-head attack is a new thing to it.

Within moments, BF has wrestled Xeno to the ground and is prepping to acid-vomit right on its face, when -- THACK! -- the only weapon BF didn't see coming, Xeno's hidden, retractable second set of fangs, snaps out, penetrates BF's skull and takes a chunk out of his brilliant brain, instantly killing him.

My take: Xenomorph wins.