Re: The Human Centipede sequel banned in U.K.

LoudLon wrote:

the fact that the idea of a man sewing peoples' asses to other peoples' mouths sounds about as interesting to me as eating a bowl of shit for breakfast.

Hey you hit the nail on the head Lonny....
thats why I would no doubt hope to be the HEAD of the company in tow....

Re: The Human Centipede sequel banned in U.K.

Hey Lon! i eat a bowl of shit every morning for breakfast!! what do you mean boring? BOLLOCKS! wink

Re: The Human Centipede sequel banned in U.K.

he he ha ha

Re: The Human Centipede sequel banned in U.K.

A major snoozefest. The only uncomfortableness (is that a word) I felt in relation to this movie was to see how short it had been since I'd started it. People told me they were disgusted by the first one, I just found it rather meh. Maybe that's because I'm a child of the eighties and the world wasn't so squeamish yet...

Re: The Human Centipede sequel banned in U.K.

they are waiting for a hole in the "psychy' or whatever the dudes with money involved call it== it will be out but what will beat the 1s what 4 or 5 all I know is if I am not 1st I wanna be behind a virgin my snout is the first thats a nice way to go

Re: The Human Centipede sequel banned in U.K.

I had to watch the first movie a couple of times because I honestly didn't get the first one, I was left a little flat when it was over, didn't feel "disturbed" or shocked or anything like it'd been built up to be.  I'm a big fan of stuff that "over the top" stuff, which has its downside, since I'm not easily shaken.

I'll check out the sequel at some point, but I must say, I'm hoping for a bit more.

Last edited by LivingDeadDoll (2012-02-27 14:19:33)

Re: The Human Centipede sequel banned in U.K.

"Human Centipede: First Sequence" is the epitome of over hyped bullshit.

"Hey Folks! You know what's gross! People being sewn ass to mouth! Now come check out my hour long movie where NOTHING FUCKING HAPPENS"

Honestly, the film was one of the most pointless and utterly dull films I've had the misfortune of sitting through. And then they made "Human Centipede 2: Full Sequence" which from reading the synopsis and having been utterly bored with the original, I won't bother watching.

And now, and this is the funniest part to me, Poor Tom Six is gonna sue Dieter Laser because he didn't like the script for part 3. HA!

Honestly this series of films is like the fevered imaginings of a teenage boy who's bored in detention. Sure, there were probably plenty of people who were "Shocked" by HC1 but considering how big of an internet meme it became, it sorta lost all it's potential power and once you get past the initial gross out of the idea itself, it all falls apart.

It's not a good movie, it's not even a good idea for a movie. If anything, South Park managed to get the most out of the idea with their parody of it.

I have a feeling Tom Six's entire career is going to continue being sequels, prequels, spin offs, re tellings, etc of this same stupid franchise of movies. Or worse, he's going to base his next non HC themed movie on whatever new "Gross" idea he comes up with.


As far as the UK banning this, bad on them for banning films (I'm against censorship) but at least their saving people the money they would waste of this garbage.

Re: The Human Centipede sequel banned in U.K.

LOL Everything you said, I have said at some point.  It amazed me how many people fell all over this movie.  I was bored to tears.  Everything you need to know is in the title.  Because once you get past that part, there is nothing left to say.  AND NOTHING HAPPENS.

Re: The Human Centipede sequel banned in U.K.

DavidDellamorte wrote:

...
And now, and this is the funniest part to me, Poor Tom Six is gonna sue Dieter Laser because he didn't like the script for part 3. HA!
...

How the heck do you sue someone because you don't like the script?!  You tell him to redo it.  Isn't that like a standard thing they do?  What an idiot.

And I agree with you on 'Centipede 1.'  I wrote up a review article soundly thrashing it, and did I get skewered for that.  People were telling me I "didn't understand the vision," "I didn't comprehend the horror," etc. etc.  Yeah, I get it, he was making his own fetish film.  If they had done some nice makeup work rather than just wrapping diapers around everyones' heads it may have been shocking.  Instead I saw a dumb version of a horse Halloween custom.

So spoketh the monkey.
/rant

Re: The Human Centipede sequel banned in U.K.

DavidDellamorte wrote:

I have a feeling Tom Six's entire career is going to continue being sequels, prequels, spin offs, re tellings, etc of this same stupid franchise of movies. Or worse, he's going to base his next non HC themed movie on whatever new "Gross" idea he comes up with.


I don't think he can come up with anything more disgusting than HC 2.   It's a good thing it was filmed in B/W that's all I can say....

And if Dieter Laser is not in the next one, I think I will pass on it because he was the best part of the series.

Re: The Human Centipede sequel banned in U.K.

azathoth wrote:
DavidDellamorte wrote:

...
And now, and this is the funniest part to me, Poor Tom Six is gonna sue Dieter Laser because he didn't like the script for part 3. HA!
...

How the heck do you sue someone because you don't like the script?!  You tell him to redo it.  Isn't that like a standard thing they do?  What an idiot.

And I agree with you on 'Centipede 1.'  I wrote up a review article soundly thrashing it, and did I get skewered for that.  People were telling me I "didn't understand the vision," "I didn't comprehend the horror," etc. etc.  Yeah, I get it, he was making his own fetish film.  If they had done some nice makeup work rather than just wrapping diapers around everyones' heads it may have been shocking.  Instead I saw a dumb version of a horse Halloween custom.

So spoketh the monkey.
/rant

Exactly. There was no "Horror" in Centipede, it was completely built around a disgusting concept and idea and He then tried to drag an hour long movie out of said concept. 

(I get it, making people eat poop is gross. eeeew. I'm not a child and considering this is just a movie and not a documentary (or porn) I'm not grossed out by make believe poo eating.)

My understanding of the "Lawsuit" thats to be filed is that Six is mad because Laser pulled out of the film because he wasn't happy with the script, Laser said he liked the story when it was told to him initially and then when he got the script, he suggested changes and since they couldn't see eye to eye he left. (it's all on BD)


Honestly, I find this to be just one of the more hilarious things I've ever heard, because frankly, after the first HC, I didn't see the need for a part 2, and now that the increasingly unnecessary sequel is running into trouble because one of the main stars isn't happy with it, I think ol' Tom should take a hint an quit while he's ahead.

But to clarify to anyone who may actually be a fan of this garbage (and if you are, I'm sorry) I'm not impressed with shock for the sake of shock. I grew out of that around 16, and while I have no problem with "Shocking" material in horror films, I want at least some context/care to go into it (and this counts for Troma movies)

Re: The Human Centipede sequel banned in U.K.

^^
Ah, I misinterpreted your 1st post about the lawsuit.  I read it as Laser wrote the script and Six was unhappy about it.  Your explanation makes a little more sense, which is "slim as compared to none."

If people like it, good for them.  I like "Ghosts of Mars," which makes me one of 4 on HM that like it.

Re: The Human Centipede sequel banned in U.K.

Why the hell would anyone make a sequel to that piece of shit? I mean what is the purpose? Human Centipede 2: now with more ass to mouth torture !!

Its hard to pick a film I enjoyed LESS in the past few years (other than Devil) then this steaming pile. there were NO plot twist, no surprises, no nothing once you got past the initial lame gimmick.

Re: The Human Centipede sequel banned in U.K.

^^
Hey Surv, could you clarify you comments, you seem to be on the fence here.  lol

Re: The Human Centipede sequel banned in U.K.

LOL ass.

but it just baffles me how anyone loves this film. There is no personal prejudice against its creators, the actors or anyone, but I JUST DONT GET IT...

Re: The Human Centipede sequel banned in U.K.

I liked the first one quite a bit.  Thought it was a great premise, though slow at times.  The centipede idea itself, did not "shock" me whatsoever, however, c'mon, the idea, to do that to people, is disturbing at least.  Anyway...clearly I'm on my own on that one here, just thought it was an enjoyable, entertaining movie.

Part 2 - Well...this too, was fairly entertaining, but pretty boring, and the actual centipede idea itself, really didn't come to a meaningful fruition.

Just mho.

Re: The Human Centipede sequel banned in U.K.

Ghostseeker wrote:

I liked the first one quite a bit.  Thought it was a great premise, though slow at times.  The centipede idea itself, did not "shock" me whatsoever, however, c'mon, the idea, to do that to people, is disturbing at least.  Anyway...clearly I'm on my own on that one here, just thought it was an enjoyable, entertaining movie.

Part 2 - Well...this too, was fairly entertaining, but pretty boring, and the actual centipede idea itself, really didn't come to a meaningful fruition.

Just mho.

*sigh* Are you trying to ruin what we almost had, Ghostie?  wink 

Surv, tell us how you really feel.  big_smile  You know you loved Devil.

Re: The Human Centipede sequel banned in U.K.

Now Maven, you know it is when I rebel against popular beliefs at HM that really turn you on.  smile

Just saying...I don't think it came close to living up to the hype as a shocking and terrifying movie, but I don't think it lives up to all the pure hate for it either.  To me it was an entertaining movie...seen many worse.

Re: The Human Centipede sequel banned in U.K.

moviemaven wrote:

*sigh* Are you trying to ruin what we almost had, Ghostie?  wink

A gefilte fish banquest?  Why am I never invited!  <pout>

Re: The Human Centipede sequel banned in U.K.

azathoth wrote:

^^
Ah, I misinterpreted your 1st post about the lawsuit.  I read it as Laser wrote the script and Six was unhappy about it.  Your explanation makes a little more sense, which is "slim as compared to none."

If people like it, good for them.  I like "Ghosts of Mars," which makes me one of 4 on HM that like it.

<< loved Ghosts of mars. Im a sucker for ice cube.

I won't be suckered into paying for sick for sicks sake. From everything I've read including sixs own words there's not really much to it but shock. I love a shocker but I need story and likeable characters and a bad guy that I hate enough to urge the good guys to win and a jock or mean girl that you say to yourself 'cant wait for that bitch to get it' Im not against six though.. I won't watch his stuff or buy his DVDs but I don't believe the film should be censored. Im sure the majority of over 18s or 21s can make the decision for themselves if they want to see the baby scene or people sewn together I'm sure many people on here have seen worse on and off screen.

Re: The Human Centipede sequel banned in U.K.

I've seen the sequel and it turned my stomach, more than the first. But I'm glad I got to see it.

Re: The Human Centipede sequel banned in U.K.

So there's a rumor for Human Centipede 3 and that the director Tom Six will also star in it? Has anyone else heard similar rumors?

Re: The Human Centipede sequel banned in U.K.

It certainly wouldn't surprise me if Tom Six shows up in HC3.  All I know is Dieter Laser read the script and refused to do the movie.  That makes me think it's going to be really bad!