Topic: OOC : Horror Story Idea

I just remember playing a interesting game where a group of people would make up a story by having each player tell part of the story.  If enough people are interested, I think we could do a similar event where we post a new topic and use it to post parts of a story based off of what other people wrote previously.  We could use this topic forum for ideas and getting started along with discussion of introducing new characters.  I think it would be fun to go back and forth and see what type of horror story we can come up with.  Characters from other horror movies could be incorporated as long as we watch it so things don't get too far out of control.  If your'e interested, post an idea or comment, otherwise just ignore this topic.  I think it would be fun though.

Re: OOC : Horror Story Idea

Sounds interesting.  Or we could do an Rp.  I''ve been in many (and helmed a few).

That might be fun and considering some of the sick minds in here it could get pretty extreme. I'm in.

Glad you guys are interested.  I think we should wait a few days for the idea to spread before we initially start it if we still want to.  For now, I think some ground rules should be set up because while more sick minds may participate, we have to make sure that no one is resurrected without good reason.  Other than that, let the blood fly.  Also, I think we should figure out some characters for it and setting.  The plot will develop as we go unless someone has something to start off the plot.  I think we should try to start off by bringing some evil being (Jason, Freddy, etc) into existence, either by resurrecting of some means, or by creating an entirely new villain.  Please post if you have an idea.  Everyone is welcome.

Last edited by vorwald2006 (2006-09-25 17:25:43)

An RP might be a good idea. I loved rping on MO before it became primarily military based and the zombies were somewhat pushed to the side.

This would be a pretty cool idea.  Dont mind me if I get a bit graphic, I tend to do that sometimes.

Wouldn't mind an Rp.  Done a few myself and at least here could go all the way with gore and stuff without fear of the mods as I am one.  *smiles, horns come from forehead and flames burst around me*

I have been considering a basic plot that could possibly be used.  I've been thinking of incorporating zombies into one region of the world, vampires and werewolves into another, and serial killers (Jason, Freddy, etc.) into another.  If anyone wants to add their own creation into the mix, I think this would be even better as long as a detailed description of their creation is given so that this creation would have something to guide it in action (along with rules to prevent a invincible super being from rising to power) and death.  I am wondering if anyone has any plot ideas.  My idea would be to have some kind of unknown demon (someone like Pinhead) set loose all the terrors into the world and a group of people have to figure out why and how to stop the evil plot of the mastermind behind it (while much violence and death occur of course).  This is just an idea and everyone is welcome to contribute to it or bring their own.

Would it be possible to make the zombies SLOW and ammunition to be scarce?  Builds more tension, and way more entertaining.  I dont really know it would work, but it could happen.

TiM the Zombie wrote:

Would it be possible to make the zombies SLOW and ammunition to be scarce?  Builds more tension, and way more entertaining.  I dont really know it would work, but it could happen.

Definitly agree with you there.  That would make the whole thing worth while and force people to think on their feet when writing a section for it. I am sure almost everyone will agree with the scarce ammunition idea, and if some want fast zombies, I'm sure we can work something out, otherwise, I would love the slow zombie idea and is a definite must.

I think the idea of a persistent world(earth in this case) plagued by not only the dead, but by werewolves, vampires, serial killers, etc is awesome. Keep the ideas coming guys.

Definatly.  Romero's DEAD movies combined with Matheson's I AM LEGEND and eveything in between.

For vampire weaknesses and powers.  Sunlight is of course a must.  Would crosses and gralic work too along with stakes?  And can they become bats and mist or do you want them just as human basically but needing blood?

I've rped them as the whole Bram Stoker thing is outta the picture spare for sunlight but they do die if decapitated or shot in hte head with a silver bullet or pumped with enough silver.  None of hte buffy look, just regluar vampries but with super human strenght, speed, aglitiy etc.

For the zombies.  Something that was done in House of the Dead 2.  The zombies would be slow stumblers as they moved around.  But once they saw prey they picked up the pace, not running but like a jogging speed or a very fast frenzined stumble over a short distance to grab at the food.

I honestly think us playing should really start out as normal people.  People with normal occupations, families, pets, houses/apartments, friends and more.  Somewhat like Dawn 04 where the main character was a nurse and the next day her town and the whole world was surrounded by horrors of all kinds.  Find a way out of the mess, meet up and work together, find guns and ammunition, find transportation, take shelter etc etc.  IMO that would be pretty cool.

I agree with the whole House of the Dead 2 zombie modifications.  That's got my vote.

I like that TiM...we all start out norm and then everything goes to hell.  Start uniting and maybe one or two of us gets infected.  *You could be the new Bub TiM tongue*

And my vote is definatly for House of the Dead 2 zombie.  Best of both worlds imo and the zombies move with stiffness, though quickly when prey is spotted, and they aren't Olympic sprinters you can barely outrun.

This might not be the direction you're going in but since we're brainstorming...

What if its not just Pinhead behind the scenes, but also some other Demon-Entity or even Satan itself....They could be using the entire Earth as a battleground to settle thier battle....Think a giant risk game played by demons.....Who would be the major players????Pinhead, Satan, God(??), The ancient ones like Cthulhu of Shub-Niggerath...

Just a thought...

Me???  Bub??? I can see it now!!!

I like the idea of "horror" in any form, striking down on a city of which we all live in.

Last edited by TiM the Zombie (2006-09-25 23:13:20)

killjoy wrote:

This might not be the direction you're going in but since we're brainstorming...

What if its not just Pinhead behind the scenes, but also some other Demon-Entity or even Satan itself....They could be using the entire Earth as a battleground to settle thier battle....Think a giant risk game played by demons.....Who would be the major players????Pinhead, Satan, God(??), The ancient ones like Cthulhu of Shub-Niggerath...

Just a thought...

This actually reminds of an idea I have for a story a friend and I want to write.  Since it fits into what killjoy has said, I will throw it out and see what you think.  The idea is that Satan forces a woman to give birth to the Anit-Christ to end the world.  However for some reason (most likely he falls in love since he is mortal), he goes against his father (Satan) and does something completely different.  Eventually the Anti-Christ is killed and returns to hell where he starts and uprising and a war brews between father and son.  The war eventually hits earth and humanity is greatly affected.  God and his angels eventually enter the battle in an effort to save what is left of humanity.  I am not sure how this would work, but it is an interesting idea and I'm glad he brought it up.

As a story it sounds friggen awesome and I would love to read it when you are done.

In terms of the Rp.  Got me.  I have no idea in hell how it would work.  Maybe just going with the world has fallen to plague or something might be easier...maybe with some of hte demon-angelic stuff too.

This could work as an RP no problem. We would just have to use a little more organization. What we could do, is instead of an rp, create individual characters for the story and take turns writing chapters based on our characters. All the events between each individual character would coincide and make for one hell of a story. That might actually be easier than an rp and would allow us all to stretch our creative muscles.

That would be a lot easier than an RP.  Sounds great Leon.  I think that an RP would just be to disfunctional and would get out of hand.  Especially if its on a forum.

Could you go a bit more in depth Leon about your idea?  A bit confused about it.

I'm used to doing Rps and if the Rpers don't just do 1 or 2 sentence posts and aren't wankers it could turn out decent.  But I am interested in Leon's idea.

My idea is that we each create an individual character(or group of characters)that live in the same world or setting together. Then we'll take turns writing chapters of how they deal with a world/city slowly becoming a breeding ground for werewolves,zombies,serial killers, vampires and so on. What one of our characters do can affect someone elses character in the story, but our characters may never actually meet either.

So like if one character blows up a Wal Mart (which i plan to do hehehe...DOWN WITH WAL MART!) in a certain district, no one can use that Wal Mart again?

Then if the chars do meet wouldn't it mean Rping back and forth between Rpers unless you let one or the other take control of your own character?

I think Leon is right and that is way I think we will do it.  As for thegoldensimatar's question, I think we will spread out everyone's characters and confine them to certain regions for now.  Towards the end they will all come together for the final battle and when that happens, I think we will let the player whose turn it is to contribute to the story will just write for all the characters bearing in mind what those characters are so they don't do something out of that their creator never intended them to do (Example: if someone created a coward as one of their characters, the current writer should not have him charge into battle before anyone else).  Does that answer your question?  If not just say so and we will get everything cleared up.

As for the story itself, I guess everyone seems content with a demonic force trying to end the world.  A group of people in different regions of the world have to fight to survive where they eventually meet to face the demon/devil that is behind all of it.  I think assigning creatures to regions is a good idea.  I am thinking Werewolves and Vampires would fit over in Europe, Serial Killers could fit in America and they would be spread out so each player could take on a certain one.  If someone wants to use their own creation for this, then that is fine because that creature will be defeated before the characters meet one another.  I think zombies will be widespread so everyone can play around with them.  I have an idea to work with that.  I don't plan on revealing that idea just yet unless there are some concerns about it.  As for Asia, we can put other monsters or if anyone wants to be in Asia, they are welcome to use their own idea. 
I think that covers the most part of the world and should do fine.  I think we should start finalizing a list of who wants to play.  If you want to play, just email me along with a preference in location and villain if you have one.  I will accept these until Thursday.  Then I will try to come up with an order so we can have some kind of organization.  If any questions, just post to the forum and they can be discussed.  If I have forgotten anything, please post it. Also, lets limit the characters each person has to about six so as to have some room for death sequences and what not.

Last edited by vorwald2006 (2006-09-26 11:20:58)

I like the idea and support it. I have subscribed to this topic so I will get updates when you guys post your ideas, and when you think you have it hammered out we can probly setup a new forum for it.

My suggestions is when you do the story make the FIRST post be the rules. And the 2nd post be the start of your story. The same can be said for RP. I think a RP / Community Stories forum would work and be alot of fun so long as its all hammered out and the rules are very clear ahead of time.

I am sure Leon would be willing to moderate and vorwald you could moderate as well since its your idea if your interested.