Re: upcoming films your excited about?

there are a bunch of movies im excited for right now i really want to see Straw Dogs (remake) looks almost promising

Straw dogs does actually looks really good, I just saw the trailer for Dream House with Daniel craig, rachel wiesz (or w/e lol) and naomi watts and i forgot about that one, it looks really good too.

Good call JJ, seen the Straw Dogs trailer and it looks pretty damn good!

Humpty Dumpty 3D.

When it comes to superhero movies I have high hopes on The Dark Knight Rises. I hope Christopher Nolan will end the trilogy on a good note. July 20, 2012..bring on the Bat!!

hellrat wrote:

Humpty Dumpty 3D.

saw the info on this yesterday..wasn't much but looked pretty darn cool..I am also for sure looking forward to this lol

Hey Princess, have you seen the Movie Night threads?  We're always looking for new blood to devour... um new people to join in I mean.  big_smile

edit- yes, I blatantly advertise my Movie Nights.

Last edited by azathoth (2011-09-05 19:23:13)

Tripod wrote:

When it comes to superhero movies I have high hopes on The Dark Knight Rises. I hope Christopher Nolan will end the trilogy on a good note. July 20, 2012..bring on the Bat!!

I'm not super-psyched for TDKR, but I am looking forward to it.  The Dark Knight was an amazing, ground-breaking comic book movie and I'm curious to see how Nolan tries to top himself, but I'm just not a fan of Bane the leaked footage of Tom Hardy playing the character and the sickly voice he's using have left me underwhelmed.  I'll still see it, but I won't have my hopes up. /

The Avengers, on the other hand, looks like it's going to be a Marvel fan's wet dream.  This one, I'm super-psyched about.

Other than that...no movies are immediately coming to mind.   I guess I'm interested kinda/sorta in the prequel to The Thing, but really it looks like just more of the same.

pinkzombieprincess wrote:
hellrat wrote:

Humpty Dumpty 3D.

saw the info on this yesterday..wasn't much but looked pretty darn cool..I am also for sure looking forward to this lol

A belated welcome Princess. smile

And there's also The Amazing Spider-Man. If anything, I thought Raimi turned Spider-Man into a kid-friendly mess. Peter Parker came off as a cry baby in the Spider-Man movies, and every time he cried he looked like he was about to shit himself. I'm hoping that TASM will show that a kid-friendly superhero like Spider-Man has a dark side to him.

Tripod wrote:

And there's also The Amazing Spider-Man. If anything, I thought Raimi turned Spider-Man into a kid-friendly mess. Peter Parker came off as a cry baby in the Spider-Man movies, and every time he cried he looked like he was about to shit himself. I'm hoping that TASM will show that a kid-friendly superhero like Spider-Man has a dark side to him.

I'm kind of surprised they haven't made a Venom only movie.

Ghostbusters 3 if it still happens

Tripod wrote:

I thought the first Spider-Man flick was okay, but loved the second one, and think it's one of the three or four best superhero flicks of all time.  Didn't like Spider-Man 3 at all, though.  The only good thing about it was the underground slug-fest between Spidey and Sandman.  The rest of the movie -- pfffffffttttt.

I'm looking forward to ASM, but I hate -- hate, hate, hate -- the crap new costume.  It looks like a fucking skiing suit with goggles.  Lame, lame, lame.

LoudLon wrote:
Tripod wrote:

I thought the first Spider-Man flick was okay, but loved the second one, and think it's one of the three or four best superhero flicks of all time.  Didn't like Spider-Man 3 at all, though.  The only good thing about it was the underground slug-fest between Spidey and Sandman.  The rest of the movie -- pfffffffttttt.

I'm looking forward to ASM, but I hate -- hate, hate, hate -- the crap new costume.  It looks like a fucking skiing suit with goggles.  Lame, lame, lame.

Have you seen the new superman costume? no red pants! His costume is all blue now sad
But i will admit it did look ok..

Also thanks for the welcome, and I will def check out movie night smile

Red State and The Ward are both now available on Netflix and can be instantly streamed. I watched both of them the other night and they are definitely worth watching. I watched I Saw the Devil a couple of months ago and all i can say is wow. It is an amazing film. I highly recommend it to anyone. The Horde is also a really good zombie film. I have watched it twice. Some other films that are worth watching that might have slipped by some people are as follows. Martyrs. I watched this film really not knowing what to expect, and all i can say is holy shit. This film just completely blew me away. It has to be one of the best films i have seen in my life. I fell in love with this movie. Mutants is also another good watch. It is original and definitely worth watching. I am going to catch a lot of shit for this one, but i watched A Serbian Film the other night and actually thought that it was worth watching. Some parts of this movie were very disturbing and the subject matter was very intense. If you are planning on watching this please do some research and make sure that you want to. This is a film that once you see it you can not unsee it, and it will stick with you long after you have viewed it. It is for sure the most intense film i have ever watched and i have tried to watch every film that i can think of that people have said not to. I have got to see many gems that i haven't ever had the chance to see thanks to Netflix. I also recommend Tokyo Gore Police, Ricky o, Someone's Knocking at the Door, Red White and Blue, Dream Home, 100 Tears, Black Death, The Burning, Slaughter Night, High Lane, Deadfall Trail, Blood Creek, Doghouse, The Lost Tribe, Frozen, Antichrist, The Prowler, and so many more. I know most of these films are not new or upcoming, but maybe they will be new to someone who reads this and they will have a chance to see some films they missed or never heard of. I had never heard of most of these films until i watched them. LONG LIVE HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome ratmonkey.

ratmonkeyofdeth wrote:

I am going to catch a lot of shit for this one, but i watched A Serbian Film the other night and actually thought that it was worth watching.

You aren't going to catch a lot of shit from people here about this movie.  There are just plenty of people that have / have not seen the movie and think it is horrible.  Generally, they don't attack others that like it.  There are also several here that liked it for various reasons.

I just saw that Flix had The Ward as an instant and just got done watching it.  It lost my interest, and I kinda tuned out for bit, but thought it was ok.  I'll have to check out some of the other ones you wrote bout.

Just a friendly suggestion...remember, white space can be your friend.  smile

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2011-10-24 02:17:18)

I just watched the trailer for prometheus and found it to look like a alien rip off! ridley scott c'mon!

I am so looking forward to GOON!

shesaid? wrote:

I just watched the trailer for prometheus and found it to look like a alien rip off! ridley scott c'mon!

I would hope it would, it is a Alien prequel if it was not somewhat similar i would probably be mad lol

Big Bazooka Boobies From Bedford 2  :LOL:

azathoth wrote:

Hey Princess, have you seen the Movie Night threads?  We're always looking for new blood to devour... um new people to join in I mean.  big_smile

edit- yes, I blatantly advertise my Movie Nights.

Haven't you got enough Princesses attending the movie nights aza!! wink

No only joking ( or am i?) she is welcome, let's hope it's better attended in 2012 and yes i will return to them when i can! especially if you have a big Boobies triple bill one weekend! hey just an idea! hmm

^^
Bazooka Boobies, eh?
They blow you away?  Ha, I slay myself!

azathoth wrote:

^^
Bazooka Boobies, eh?
They blow you away?  Ha, I slay myself!

good effort Brian old boy! you nearly made me smile then or was it the pickled onions i've had? or was it the pickled eggs? or the pickled walnuts? the pickled prickly pears?  the nuclear hot Barbados pepper sauce?! somethings making my farts stink! the family's lost conciousness! hmm

Dear lord, my man, we must declare your ass a WMD!

JJ wrote:
shesaid? wrote:

I would hope it would, it is a Alien prequel if it was not somewhat similar i would probably be mad lol

The trailer looks absolutely fabulous and I can't wait to see the film!  If you read all of the press clippings, Scott denies that the film is a prequel and that it is a stand alone film, though both he and several cast members have come out to say that fans of the Alien franchise will recognize elements from the original, namely the Space Jockey and perhaps even Xenomorphs, though not as we have seen before.  And of course as the trailer shows, there is also the ship that was found on LV 429.  As for it being a rip-off, I say who better to reinvigorate the franchise than the man who started it in the first place.  If it were in anyone else's hands, then I would be skeptical.