Topic: POLL: Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior, ROUND 11

The first match-up of the New Year is a one-on-one slash-fest featuring...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/Cropsey.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/VS.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/Harry.jpg

Maniac slasher with a wicked bad complexion vs maniac slasher with a touch of the black lung in a battle of the lawncare utensils.  Have at 'em, but first, as always...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before voting, please remember THE RULES:

1. Vote objectively for who you think is deadlier.  This is not a popularity contest.

2. Please be sure to comment below to explain why you came to your decision.  Those who do so, your votes will count as FIVE VOTES

Those who do not, or those whose explanations are in regards to the character's popularity rather than an objective comparing of the characters' abilities (see rule #1), your vote will only count as ONE VOTE.

3. Voting will be open for seven days, at which time I'll post the results.

Have fun, and vote responsibly. smile

Re: POLL: Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior, ROUND 11

Huh.  No takers on this one?  I'd have thought slasher fans would eat this one up. hmm

^ Oh' no worries, Lon. I usually wait a bit to think it out, till posting my thoughts.

Bump.

Sorry, Hoss, I need to watch Cropsey 1st.  Been kinda busy with BS.  I queued it up for tonight.  You know how some people hate Christmas for various reasons?  That's me with the start of every New Years.  (Love Christmas, though)  I'm just funked out.  I'll get your vote in by tomorrow night, though.

By the way, hope you had a good holiday season.

Eh, it was okay.  Best part was getting new pics of my daughter.  Worst part was the phone lines being down on my street the last couple weeks (damn hillbillies and their damn hillbilly phone service) so I didn't get to talk to her on Christmas or New Year's.  Could have been better, could have been worse. 

Hope you cheer up soon, buddy.  We don't like our monkeys sour 'round here. big_smile

In all honesty I'm not too familiar with either villain. So after some thought I drew up the conclusion that...

Cropsey & Warden meet up in a old mine. Cropsey is not familiar with the environment, while Warden is right at home.
As the battle ensues, Cropsey does manage to get in a few minor clips that does very little damage to Harry. Harry seeks refuge in the dark caverns. Cropsey has to seek out, Harry. Harry, hidden in the dark, awaits patiently for Cropsey to fall into his trap, and when Crpsey finally does appear, with just one blow to the head, takes out Cropsey.

Winner:Harry Warden.

*Bump*

Harry Warden wins after an impaling blow to the head with that vicious and deadly pick axe...then sets cropsy ablaze so he can be at home in hell. Pretty even match ip but I think the size advantage and more brutal weapon help Warden get the victory.

Um, I just watched "Cropsey" and I really didn't see a bad guy.  Did I watch the wrong movie?  I watched a documentary about a maybe serial killer on Staten Island, but no actual monster dude.
Help?

So I got to go with Harry.

(BTW- anyone notice that the one detective had a bigger chin than Bruce Campbell?  Mesmerizing.)

Last edited by azathoth (2012-01-07 04:32:56)

Yeah ya did. Cropsey is the burnt up caretaker killer from one of  my personal favorite slashers The Burning. Harry wardens from My bloody valentine.
Harry would win in my mind. Cropsey has a hard time seeing at the best of times due to the fact he looks like a WELL over done steak. Hes just gonna get a pick in the head!!!

^^
Lon, you're a dick.  tongue
At least let me know which multiple-named killer you're talking about!  lol

If you look at the top of the page at the options themselves, you'll see "Cropsey (The Burning)."  I started adding the movie the characters are from a few weeks ago, just in case something like this happened. lol

Hmmmpph!
I'll downgrade you to a small dick.  Boo-yah! lol

I think Harry would win, first he would be the stronger of the two, second his weapon is the longer and more dangerous of the two and could do more damage with less chance of being hurt

azathoth wrote:

Hmmmpph!
I'll downgrade you to a small dick.  Boo-yah! lol

Oh, God...high school flashback.  Thanks, man. sad

Voting's officially over.  I would have posted the results last night as scheduled but I've been battling a bad cold all weekend, so, you get the results a day late instead. lol  They are:

Cropsey
Total Votes: 0 (1, minus mine so I could view the results)
Total point: 0

Harry Warden:
Total Votes: 5
Justified Votes: 5 x 5 pts each = 25 points
Total points: 25

Winner: HARRY WARDEN

Thanks to all who participated.  Look for ROUND 12, which will be up shortly. smile

How I'd break it down:

Harry Warden is big, mean, aggressive and armed with a pick-axe.

Cropsey is smaller but quick, with a lighter weapon.

A pick-axe is a heavy instrument to wield; Harry's a strong fellow, but you can't just point a pitchfork at someone and chop into them.  You have to rear it back, and swing it forward, putting your weight into it.  If you miss your target, the weight of the pitchfork pulls you forward, leaving you off-balance, if even for a second or two, and exposed.

Cropsey has been completely immolated, but survived.  He knows pain.  He lives with it on a day by day, minute to minute basis.  He can take some punishment.  His weapon is more versatile; whereas Harry's pick-axe is purely a hacking weapon, Cropsey's razor-sharp shears can be used to stab, hack, cut, slice, penetrate. 

Warden has no problem handling one victim at a time.  But Cropsey took out an entire raft full of victims all at once.  Warden is big and powerful, but Cropsey is fast, precise and ferocious.  Like with the Torrance and Bates fight, while Warden draws back his pick-axe for a swing, Cropsey lands a clean stab to the throat -- or any part of Warden's anatomy he prefers -- before Warden has landed a single blow.

My take: Cropsey wins.