Topic: POLL: Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior ROUND 12

This week's bout:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/FatherMcGruder.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/VS.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/CHUD-1.jpg

Holy ass-kicker with a mean roundhouse kick throws down on some radioactive tunnel-dwelling cannibal mutants.  Who will win?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before voting, please remember THE RULES:

1. Vote objectively for who you think is deadlier.  This is not a popularity contest.

2. Please be sure to comment below to explain why you came to your decision.  Those who do so, your votes will count as FIVE VOTES

Those who do not, or those whose explanations are in regards to the character's popularity rather than an objective comparing of the characters' abilities (see rule #1), your vote will only count as ONE VOTE.

3. Voting will be open for seven days, at which time I'll post the results.

Have fun, and vote responsibly. smile

Re: POLL: Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior ROUND 12

Oooh'  very intriguing, this is gonna be a good-un.

I had to go back and watch CHUD.  Side point- I call BS on the 1984 date, that was some solid 1970's hairdos and clothing.   And the acting....

Anyway, I'm glad I did re-watch CHUD.  My initial response was Father Feet of Fury.  When a watched CHUD again, I realized the damn things are basically just as fast, more powerful, and freaking fire-proof.  I guess Lordy Ass-Kicking does not extend to radioactive mutants.

Winner- CHUD

CHUD is a radioactive monster therefore it does not fear religion making that advantage futile and in close combat radioactive monster will beat mortal every time in hand to hand combat

so winner CHUD

Although Father Mcgruder kicks ass for the Lord.......i don't think even divine intervention can help him out here!

C.H.U.D is aggressive and hungry. Mcgruder will put up a good fight........connecting with a few roundhouse kicks and flying punches, but these have very little effect on C.H.U.D.

As Mcgruders' strength wanes, he lifts his head and prays for a miracle...........but alas, to no avail.

C.H.U.D strikes.........GAME OVER.

big_smile

*Bump*

Although Father McGruder doesn't go down easy. Even divine intervention won't save him. C.H.U.D would just wait it out and when the chance comes it grabs a hold of McGruder and shreds him to bite size pieces. C.H.U.D  being radioactive takes this battle.

FYI, folks -- this match marks the end of this 4-week period so tomorrow's event is the 3rd Monthly Finals, and will feature the winners of the last four weekly bouts in a four-man free-for-all.

With this being the end of the monthly period, I'll also be posting the 3rd Month Exhibition Match, which features a couple characters not many people think of when rapping about horror flicks, despite being from what many consider to be one of the great Horror Trilogies, delivered by a certified horror maestro.

But that's tomorrow.  In the meantime, you have one more day to get in your vote for this McGruder/CHUD match, so please take a moment to do so if you haven't already. smile

^^
I'm surprised you didn't go with a 3-way match for the Exhibition Event.  (I love having the list)

Honestly -- and this is just my personal opinion, and I'm gonna try and word this in a way so as not to reveal exactly who the characters are LOL -- I wasn't the biggest fan of the final entry in the aforementioned Trilogy, and thought the character in question from that film was rather forgettable.  The two who are involved, however, I thought made an interesting enough match-up that it would make up for the absence of the third.

If that makes any sense. lol

^^
I see what you're saying, not many people were impressed with that 3rd character.  I seem to like that 3rd more than most, but in retrospect I fully understand on the characterizations between the 3.

Okie-dokie.  Sunday night, voting is officially over.  The results:

Father McGruder:
Total Votes: 0 (1, minus mine so I could see the results)
Total points: 0

C.H.U.D.:
Total Votes: 4
Justified votes: 4 x 5 pts each = 20 pts
Unjustified votes: 0
Total points: 20

Winner: C.H.U.D.

Thanks to all those who participated, and keep an eye out for both the 3rd Month Finals match, as well as the 3rd Month Exhibition Match, both of which will be up shortly.

How I'd break it down:

For a Catholic Priest, Father McGruder is one bad ass, fast-footed motherfucker.  The way he tore into those zombies in Dead Alive is one of the many comical highlights of that movie.  The zombies in Dead Alive are super-strong, fast and manically aggressive and he took out, what was it, three or four of them before finally being killed himself.

C.H.U.D. is very strong, yes, but also slower, more plodding.  But they're also more resilient than the Dead Alive zombies.  The real question is, would McGruder be able to land enough blows to take down a C.H.U.D. before he tired himself out?

I don't think he could.  I see going down like the "Jason vs Boxer on the Roof" fight from Friday the 13th part VIII.  McGruder would get in a lot of good shots, but C.H.U.D. would simply take them until McGruder was worn out to throw another one, then move in for the kill.

My take: C.H.U.D. wins.