Topic: Chillerama

Anyone else see this? I thought it was pretty funny. If you like bad horror movies and are not offened easy by un PC humor you should check it out.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1727252/
http://www.seat42f.com/images/stories/Contests/Chillerama-DVD.jpg

Re: Chillerama

Yeah, I watched it a couple of weeks back.  Definitely one for fans of cheesy Midnight Movies.  I'm not quite sure what Tim Sullivan was thinking with his entry, that one was bizarre to say the least.  The rest were pretty humorous though.

I think I saw this at Wal-Mart a few weeks back. I might consider picking it up next time I'm there, it does look fun.

Alien: i thought wadzilla was the best the rest was funny but not that lol.

Creature: Dont watch it around moms or the little sis, it's really dirty.

I love cheesetastic movies like that!  I'll have to watch this one

It's an instant on Netflix...I just added it.

Thanks for the heads up, i'll add it now

"Wadzilla" was hilarious!! "I was a Teenage Werebear" was horrible...other than that entry the movie was fun though.

This movie was effin A W E S O M E !  It was hilarious, fun and entertaining...plus...nice boobies!  Thank you Swollen, I loved it.  This is an instant classic and may turn into an annual Halloween watch.  I laughed harder at this than Tucker and Dale (which was great too!).

Thought the sperm one was ok, but the werebear and Nazi ones were hilarious!  The werebear musical scenes were great, plus the satire approach was funny. The Nazi one had incredible funny parts like the mannequin stunt double turned black guy. 

Loved the back story at the drive inn movie place...with dude shooting everyone, "Nobody puts baby in a corner!"  Awesome.

This  movies is great.  Again, an instant classic.  9.5 / 10.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2012-01-13 23:55:31)

I've been sitting on this movie for at least a month.  Might have to unbury it from my ass and give it a watch.  Might even find an actual watch in there, who knows?  lol

I bought it last week and I love it, it is awesome though I Was A Teenage Werebear was kinda bad hmm other than that it was great and Adam Green's Diary Of Anne Frankenstein was the best

It was a little too over the top for me, but I did like the Diary of Anne Frankenstein.

This sounds awesome!

Last edited by z3r0c00l (2012-01-14 09:49:26)

deadhorse13 wrote:

I've been sitting on this movie for at least a month.  Might have to unbury it from my ass and give it a watch.  Might even find an actual watch in there, who knows?  lol

"Five long years he wore this watch up his ass"

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/4556240_f520.jpg

Ghostseeker wrote:

It's an instant on Netflix...I just added it.

Thanks for the info bro- I just added it for later.

Surprised no on else liked the werewolf one.  I thought it was so ridiculous that it was hilarious.  Kind of a Rocky Horror feel to it.

I've had a night to let this movie sink in...it is in my top 10.  Top 10 what...I don't know.  Definitely horror though.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2012-01-14 17:22:48)

^ I thought the were bear was very funny. found it very john waters. But i got the most laughs out of wad zilla and the zombie story.

i love that it is was over the top. IMOA one of the best openings in a movie ever (when the guy gets bit digging up hi ex).

I about fell out of my chair at the end of WZ when she goes to kiss him and he gives her his cheek and she’s like "really"

Last edited by swollenguy (2012-01-14 18:49:17)

I'm B O R E D.  So...posting about this movie again.  This movie was great.  Oddly enough, two of the best movies I saw from 2011, just saw recently.  Tucker and Dale, and Chillerama.

I have The Woman coming from flix (< too predictable to make a comment about that smile).  Then have Super 8 after that.  Actually...maybe I can swap that.  Wanted to see Super 8 in the theaters last June...but missed it.  Since then I've heard it compared to Goonies and Monster Squad...two of the greatest movies ever.  Man...The new generations need a movie like that.  To get them into horror in a fun way...hmmmm, maybe I smell a Thread.  I just come full circle...Didn't they use the line: Wolf Man got nards in Chillerama?  Me think so.

I think Chillerama is very underrated.  Great movie, yet unheard of, or in the case of people here, just not much love for it.  To each their own, just don't get it.  Guess it helped I didn't have high hopes, and found it on an instant on Flix...watched it and loved it.  Still have it in my best of for 2011 and would probably be in the best of the decade...just depending on what else comes out I guess. 

Seriously folks, if you haven't give this a chance.  You will NOT be disappointed!  Or, you may very well be disappointed given so many don't care for it.  I think it will be one of those two though - See it, you will either be disappointed or you will not be.  smile

I think it's funny how much you love this movie. I'll take your word for it though. It's at the top of my list to track down. I love anthologies, and I love cheesy over the top movies, so I don't see how this could be bad.

Theli wrote:

I think it's funny how much you love this movie.

Hmmmm...not sure how to take that?  smile  Well, keep in mind, I just watched it before my post, and am bored, and have taken several narcotics for pain...so I'm feelin kinda goofy.  smile  Still, love the movie.

i saw it on horror channel a few weeks ago and it's ok. Wadzilla is the best one, the werebear one the worst. the diary of Anne Frankenstein for me was ok but went on a bit too long. watchable film a 6/10 for me.