Topic: The Ringu Series

I have only seen The Ringu 1 and 2

The Ringu  was awesome,  really scared me tge first I saw it, The Ringu 2 was okay, it was not scary but it had it's moments.

I never seen Rasen or Ring 0: Birthday are should I see them.

As already see the US remakes of The ring movies, should I see the  South Korean remake of the The ring? that called The Ring Virus.

As anyone seen all of them?

Re: The Ringu Series

I've seen the first 2 Ringu movies...they were ok...pretty slow...I hated the American Counter parts though I feel the oppsite on the Grudge series which is sort of simlar.  I have not seen the 3rd installment of Ringu Birthday or whatever the hell it is called

Haven't seen the Korean remake, but I love the Ringu movies and the American versions.

Havn't seen any of the Ringu's yet. Something I'm sort of interested in seeing. I loved the american remake "The Ring", hated its sequel. Didn't know about the South Korean remake, "The Ring Virus", seems interesting. Feels like I'm more interested in South Korean movies lately over any other Asian countries flicks.

I bought the box set a couple of years ago.
I really enjoyed them.

I've seen them all.  They go downhill from the first, though not as badly as the Pulse series.  Korean version was weird (well, aren't they all?), and not too bad.  A lot of it has to do with the subject material (the book series) and a bunch of studio/director(s) drama later on.  American versions have a different feel due to cultural differences.

I've only seen the US Ring movies but would quite like to see them if they are as good as the Japanese Grudge films cause i rented Japanese The Grudge 2 by mistake once & thought it was better than the US Grudge 2 but i love them too.

azathoth wrote:

I've seen them all.  They go downhill from the first, though not as badly as the Pulse series.  Korean version was weird (well, aren't they all?), and not too bad.  A lot of it has to do with the subject material (the book series) and a bunch of studio/director(s) drama later on.  American versions have a different feel due to cultural differences.

Rasen or Ringu 2 , both sequels for Ringu, which was would say it better?

Last edited by BASSI (2012-01-15 15:46:18)

I've only seen the first two.  I loved Ringu; I consider it one of the best Japanese horror flicks of the last twenty years, and credit it with rejuvenating Jap horror, kind of like how Scream brought horror back into the mainstream back in the 90s.  Ringu 2 was okay; it added a couple new bits of info I thought were interesting (especially how long she'd actually been in the well) but overall it lacked the freshness of the first, though I suppose that's a given for any sequel.

I've had Ring 0 on VHS for years now, but have yet to check it out.  And with my ever-growing list of flicks to see, I don't know when I will. hmm

BASSI wrote:
azathoth wrote:

Rasen or Ringu 2 , both sequels for Ringu, which was would say it better?

I think I'll give 'Rasen' the slight edge.  'Rasen' was based off the original books, while Ringu 2 was sort of an off-shoot idea.