Topic: POLL: Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior 3RD MONTH EXHIBITION MATCH

Welcome to the Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior's 3rd Monthly Exhibition Match.  All Exhibition Matches will feature two opposing teams consisting of an equal number of members, typically ranging from 1-4 each.*** 

This month's exhibition fighters:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/MaterSuspiriorum.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/VS.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/MaterTenebrarum.jpg

Two thirds of Dario Argento's classic Three Mothers, powerful witches known to cause their fair share of tsuris among English-dubbed Italians.  Who will win?  You decide.

Also, be sure to check out the 3RD Month Finals Match, up right now.

***Standard voting rules apply.  Exhibition Match results will not affect either the weekly or monthly final match results.  They're just for fun, so make sure you have exactly that while racking your brain to pick a winner. smile

Re: POLL: Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior 3RD MONTH EXHIBITION MATCH

Interesting match-  I may have to watch those two again to give a proper answer ...hmmm

Last edited by DirtyGirl (2012-01-15 19:42:33)

I will also need to do a bit o' research on these two.

That was kind of an ulterior motive for me in starting up these polls -- to turn people on to some flicks they may not have seen or have not seen in a while.

Mission accomplished.  Go me. lol

Well those are two excellent movies smile

Personally, I'm a big fan of Inferno, though most would say it's a jumbled mess.  Maybe so, but it also has some of the best atmosphere of any Argento flick, which is saying something.  And the score, by Keith Emerson (he of Emerson, Lake and Palmer fame) is fantastic.

I'm almost embarrassed to say " I haven't seen either." That said: I will now have to track them down. Which is a good thing.

Ah, man, I envy you, Undie.  To be able to watch either with a virgin eye...the first time I saw Suspiria it hammered me senseless, and the first time I saw Inferno (ignoring the fact that I had to rewind it and watch it again because it didn't make a lot of sense lol ) I thought the atmosphere was intoxicating.  And I, for one, love Mater Tenebrarum's big reveal through the mirror at the end.

But, that's all I'll say so as not to ruin anything for you.  I think you'll enjoy them.

Yep, mission accomplished, haven't watched 'Inferno' in a looong time.

*bumping this thread because I buried it when replying to all the other DHMW weekly matches.

And now I'm bumping it because I buried in all my replies to your comments on the previous one.  lol

^^^ I see that! lol

I don't see nothin' wrong with a little *bump* and grind...

Doin' the *bump*  Ai!  Sex-ay, sex-ay!  When you get that notion, get your voting asses in motion. 

Two days before the results are tallied so get your votes in before time's up.  As I noted in this month's Finals Match, this Sunday we begin a new four-week round of weekly matches -- and they're some good 'uns, if I do say so myself (and I do).

^^
OK, OK, I'll be watching 'Inferno' tomorrow.  Probably while putting Dawg's stories together.  smile

Inferno's on Netflix instant, but Sus isn't, and the local vid shop doesn't carry it sad  So I can't give an educated opinion and will just have to use my over imaginative mind on whom I think would win this match up.

I see this as being a really close match because both baddies have pretty much the same weapons, abilities, specialties, and weaknesses. I almost want to call this one a draw. But we all know draws don't happen often in any sort of battles. So I won't. I think what the difference between winning or losing ultimately comes down to is, who's more cunning of these two heathens. My guess would have to be....

Mater Sus: Mater S, looks to be ancient. That said; when someone reaches what looks to be at least 100 yrs old. It's not outta luck. Mater S, I'm sure, has survived because this long because, she's a bad ass, and not to be f***** with!!" I'm assuming Mater Sus has taken down bigger, badder, as; or even more powerful, even uglier foes than Mater Tenebrarum, more than once. How? With age-comes wisdom. Suspiriorum, some how get's a slight edge in the battle and takes advantage of it. Taking out Tenebrarum. But not after sustaining mass injuries herself.

Winner: M. Suspiriorum, but just barely

I'm with UnderDog here on how close it is.  But I think Mater Tenebrarum has more evil minions and power than Mater Suspiriorum.  I really can't give much more than that, so you can not count this as an explanation if you wish.

Voting is now officially over.  The results:

Mater Suspiriorum: 2 vote (3, minus mine so I can see the results)
Justified votes: 1 x 5 pts each = 5 pts
Non-justified votes: 1 x 1 pt each = 1 pt
Total points: 6

Mater Tenebrarum: 1 vote
Justified votes: 1 x 5 pts = 5 pts

Winner: MATER SUSPIRIORUM

Since I kept burying this week's rounds by adding my takes to weeks and weeks worth of previous ones, I'm going to start including my takes each week after voting is over and results are in.  So...

How I'd break it down:

Mater Suspirorum and Mater Tenebrarum both have tremendous influence over their covens and can will their subjects to commit all manners of atrocities.  What this fight comes down to for me, though, is how each went out. 

Suspiriorum's human form was confined to a bed and she was ultimately killled with a stab in the neck.  Tenebrarum's human form, on the other hand, was younger, healthier and it took burnind her house down with her in it to kill her.

Tactically, while Mater Suspiria seemed to specialize in causing anguish to her victims, tormenting them for lengths of time before finally killing them off, Tenebrarum was much more direct, and influenced her killers to murder much more violently. 

If the two were to face off, I think the younger, stronger Tenebrarum would take out decrepit old Suspiria without even having to resort to magic.   

My take: Tenebrarum wins.

Thanks to all of you who participated, and keep an eye out for the next weekly round, which will be up directly. smile

^^
As per Lon's view, the monkeys know who the true bitch witch is!  lol