Topic: The Fades (British TV)

Our British friends may have seen this already since it aired last fall, but it just started up here in the US on BBC America.

It's a show about a kid who can see those who haven't crossed over (Fades).  Not a big deal, except they are trying to get back into our world, and some are partially doing it.  Rather creepy first episode.

It just started last week.  Airs on BBC America on Saturdays at 9 or 10 (forget).

Anyone else see this?

Re: The Fades (British TV)

Got as far as episode 2 then I just faded away from it.
It just wasn't enough to keep me tuning in hmm
I was so ready to watch it based on the trailers but it just didn't deliver (well that's my opinion anyway)

^^
I was kind of wondering why none of the Brits had mentioned it.  I'll give it another shot or 2- I didn't getting into American Horror Story until about the 3rd/4th episode or so.

Thanks for the feedback, El Capitan.
(and 'faded away'? heh)

Last edited by azathoth (2012-01-20 15:54:54)

Maybe you'll get into it from the start - ish but there was just too much going on round here for it to keep me tuned.
It's a shame really, I wanted a new show to get into.

But hey, at least I've got my Big Bang Theory reruns late night on weekdays big_smile (double bill no less wink )

^^
Without the DVR and/or OnDemand, I'd be missing all kinds of stuff.  Besides sports, I don't think I watch any shows live anymore.  Just save 'em until I have the time.  I'm always at least a week behind- I never could read the 'The Walking Dead' thread until a week later.

On the good side, at least they're making these types of shows, rather than "The Real Housewives of Survival Jersey Shore."

I've pretty much given up on TV (I'm sure I've said that before) apart from odd highlights of televisual gold, such as  Walking Dead, Dr Who, Big Bang, and this final season of Hustle.

I liked it but it took a couple episodes to really get going. Some of the characters are quite unlikeable at the start so it's hard to care what's happening to them but that changes. Its only 6 hours out your life so I'd stick with it smile

Reminds me, I got the 2nd epi to watch.

i watched the first two episodes..........then missed a few and never went back to it. hmm

i'll have to see if i can pick it up on dvd.

^^
They don't do repeats over there?

they probably will show it again at sometime..........and now i have the power of sky+! wink

twistedsista wrote:

they probably will show it again at sometime..........and now i have the power of sky+! wink

Sky+ IS the dogs bollocks. Haven't seen that show though.

^^ the mutts nuts! lol

the only thing is, now i have a hard drive full of great movies and tv shows..........and no time to watch them.

i need a clone! big_smile

Finished Season 1 (only 6 episodes).  Really got rolling by epi 3.  Helluva story.

This was another awesome series that quickly disappeared...

Here are 3 tv series that disappeared way too quickly...

Psychoville - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1305562/
Bedlam - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1822448/
The Fades - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1772379/