Topic: Child's Play Remake

Hello, I am just wondering what is going on with the Child's Play remake. I thought everything was a go, but haven't heard any news in a very long time.
Thanks!

Re: Child's Play Remake

I kinda forgotten about this. I wondered whats happening 2

Here you go... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child's_Play_(film_series)#Possible_remake

yeah I've been losing sleep over this one as well.    not.  smile

Here's the frist clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … ZbbJp9xdAo

So I guess that's a no tongue
That clip, is it supposed to be like another 'Scary Movie'?

2014 last I heard.

I am interested though.

MoonRaven wrote:

So I guess that's a no tongue
That clip, is it supposed to be like another 'Scary Movie'?

kinda its called stan helsing and it wasnt that good to be honest IMO

I'd rather get an enema than watch this.

^ Pfft. You'll see it tongue.

If Brad Douriff is in it, the people will come.

Id rather this film was remade than most of the films hollywood are planning to or already have. While the original and first movie was good it was no masterpiece and a remake could have every chance of improving upon it. Not all remakes are bad remember. The Hill Have Eyes remake  for example is an example where it may have surpassed the original and is definitely one of my favourite horror films of the new millennium. ISOYG is another notable example.

I would watch it, as long as they do not pull a Hollywood and CGI chucky then I would never watch it ever!!

^ I have to agree. I am not upset or annoyed over a Childs Play remake. They have remade pretty well all the ones I like the most already.

Baby_Firefly wrote:

^ Pfft. You'll see it tongue.

If Brad Douriff is in it, the people will come.

Maybe in 5 years or so.  I didn't like the original, so unless they change it up drastically, nope.

i hate all these remakes... so dull...

azathoth wrote:

I'd rather get an enema than watch this.

I think you summed this up well Az. 

Yeah, there have been a few good remakes.  We all disagree on numerous Threads about which ones they are.  Personally, I would give up the few I liked, even the Texas remake I felt was incredible, to have none of them ever made.

I would actually rather get an enema BY Chucky than watch this.

mortoannie wrote:

i hate all these remakes... so dull...

Wouldn't u rather they remade films that weren't masterpieces in the first place rather than say Evil Dead though.

^^
I would much more like them to try and create new cinema rather than rehash older works.  We don't see "Lord of the Rings: The Remake" in book form, do we?  Music gets redone all the time, but how hard is it to retool 3 minutes when you can sample and use the PerfectPitch (or whatever it's called) machine?  The harder the creative process, the harder it is to recreate in any reasonable manner.

Lon and Ace spend days or weeks on their scripts.  I spent 8 hours on just 15 pages yesterday.  How much time do you think these remakers' spend on their crappy remake scripts?  I admit that some are good, but most just stink.  It's an easy way to make a few bucks, rather than risk something new.  Why are rom-coms and reality shows so popular on TV- because no one has to think about it when they watch (or write it, really).  I'm actually surprised 'Alcatraz' is still on- it has a backstory just itching to be released.

/ranting of a mad monkey