Re: Netflix???

Good point Az and Alien.

Alien - I did research it a bit, and it is suggested it might be speed or signal strength.  The strength though, looks fine.  The speed is ok for everything else, and not sure wh it would kick me out cuz of speed, cud see it make the picture bad?

Here is what it does - Movie stops and I go to a screen where it says (paraphrasing here) I need to have an XBox Live Gold membership to watch movies on Netflix.  At the same time I get kicked out of XBox live.  Then it gives me the choice to sign in.  If I sign in, I can usually get back to watching it, but usually get kicked out again.

Now...I know what you're thinkin (ok prob not), seems like it is more of an XBox Live problem.  However, it only happens when I'm watching Netflix.  So I don't know.  It's been working fine lately.

^Hmm, I may have to ask my son how he set up his Netflix on the Xbox.  I don't use it, but he hasn't had any issues that I know of watching stuff, because all of the stuff he watches shows up in my watched instantly list.

Last edited by alien25 (2011-07-27 11:11:17)

It's Microsoft, do you really expect a seamless experience?  "It's a feature!"

(Sorry, I'm having fun playing with my new OS X system.  And it only cost $30.  Let the flame wars begin.)

Last edited by azathoth (2011-07-27 11:49:24)

Yea I love Netflix... For awhile I didn't even have cable and just used Netflix for all my entertainment. I can stream movies on my 360 or on the go with my Nintendo 3DS. My que is ridiculous right now.. So much to watch so little time.

Also sickf, I noticed Hell Night (1981) is available on the instant streaming today while browsing. Its good if you haven't seen it, certainly worth a watch.

Yea I recently watched Chain Letter which is a little heavy handed.. But if you like Slashers this has some really cool death scenes.. Little corny but worth watching.

I have a friend who works for netflix and she can`t believe how many problems there are with it. i don`t use it personally as i still support my local video shop.

^^
You still have a local video shop?  I think the closest one to me is about 15 miles away.  If it's even still there. 

Sorry I couldn't help everyone with the console problems.  sad

I have a block buster still open. they were bought by Dish network and our offering really completive well thought out promos. No more $4 rentals  for more day then you need. They are back to nightly with 99 cents for old and $1.99 for brand new. They have a kids club where you pay 5 bucks and have unlimited (one out at time) family rentals for the month. and a deal where you pay 7 bucks (first month 14 after) have unlimited (one out at time) of anything in the store new old and video games.

^^
That's pretty cool.  We have a RedBox in the grocery store.  [sarcasm]Yippe[/sarcasm]

swollenguy wrote:

I have a block buster still open. they were bought by Dish network and our offering really completive well thought out promos. No more $4 rentals  for more day then you need. They are back to nightly with 99 cents for old and $1.99 for brand new. They have a kids club where you pay 5 bucks and have unlimited (one out at time) family rentals for the month. and a deal where you pay 7 bucks (first month 14 after) have unlimited (one out at time) of anything in the store new old and video games.

Since you have an account Swollen, and since Dish just recently bought them, find out if you would  whether they will carry unrated and NC-17 films.  It was Blockbuster's policy previously to not carry them.  I remember when Land of the Dead came out, I had to rent it from Hollywood video because Blockbuster wouldn't carry it.  They also would carry cut versions of some horror titles that they would call unrated.

^^
Ah, Blockbuster and their cut films.  What a shit company, you can find dozens of stories about how they altered films, sometimes without the studios even knowing until later.

I think NetFlix is coming to the UK next year. Looking forward to it. smile

alien25 wrote:
swollenguy wrote:

Since you have an account Swollen, and since Dish just recently bought them, find out if you would  whether they will carry unrated and NC-17 films.  It was Blockbuster's policy previously to not carry them.  I remember when Land of the Dead came out, I had to rent it from Hollywood video because Blockbuster wouldn't carry it.  They also would carry cut versions of some horror titles that they would call unrated.

I see Unrated films there but mainley the sex comedies (i.e. Road trip)
I used to hate BB but the guys at my store know me and my son, they hook me up with info and holding things. even got rid of some late fees for me. with that and the 7 unlimted thing its a pretty cool deal. my only issue is their indie slect is limited (no troll hunter)

yeah! we still got a local video shop movie village! it has the best selection of movies, everytime i bring a friend they are blown away with the selection and say the same thing "i could spend hours looking through the movies". every blockbuster here are closing down one by one. i will never use netflix!

shesaid? wrote:

yeah! we still got a local video shop movie village! it has the best selection of movies, everytime i bring a friend they are blown away with the selection and say the same thing "i could spend hours looking through the movies". every blockbuster here are closing down one by one. i will never use netflix!

I hate you. lol

Last edited by azathoth (2011-09-09 11:57:18)

swollenguy wrote:
alien25 wrote:
swollenguy wrote:

I see Unrated films there but mainley the sex comedies (i.e. Road trip)
I used to hate BB but the guys at my store know me and my son, they hook me up with info and holding things. even got rid of some late fees for me. with that and the 7 unlimted thing its a pretty cool deal. my only issue is their indie slect is limited (no troll hunter)

Yeah, that is another thing that I forgot to mention, they don't have quite the selection of foreign and indie stuff like Netflix does.  Oh well, Hopefully that all will change as they try to compete with them.

Anyone got a good recommendation on Instant for me!?!??!?  I need something to erase the memory of Afraid Of the Dark out of mind.  Please?!?!?!?

^^
Vengey was telling me Tucker & Dale vs. evil was funny as hell.
Last Exorcism, Yellow Brick Road, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
In Search of Lovecraft, Cropsey.
The Dead Space movies if you anime.
House of 9, Gravedancers.

Just chucking out a bunch of stuff on my list.  (Omitting stuff you've probably already seen.  I doubt you want to watch Troll 2 again.)

Last edited by azathoth (2012-01-28 18:12:19)

Hmmmmm...House of 9, I will have to look that one up.  Think I heard good things bout it.  Most the others I saw though.  Thx!

^^
Not great, but you get to see Paris Hilton sliced!

Ghostseeker wrote:

Hmmmmm...House of 9, I will have to look that one up.  Think I heard good things bout it.  Most the others I saw though.  Thx!

If you've seen Cube, you've seen a much better version of House of 9. lol

It's okay -- about a group of strangers locked inside a mansion and expected to kill one another off until there's only one left.  Not all that violent and the characters, while well acted, are mostly stereotypes and there's no big surprise as to who makes it to the finale.  Dennis Hopper adds a bit of esteem to it, but his Catholic priest character's Irish brogue is a bit hit-and-miss.

It's not a complete waste of time, but you could do a lot better. hmm

I just watched on Netflix...

Black Death -- Not bad, worth a look I think
House (1986) -- Fun, cheesy 80's goodness
Severance (2006) -- this is a must imo, right up there with Tucker &Dale Dale on the funny scale and pretty good F/X.
Slugs (1987) -- good foreign creepy crawly flick w/ some nice gore.
Hardware (1990) -- awesome sci-fi/horror flick, very well filed
Kidnapped (2010) -- Pretty decent home invasion type flick
The Nesting (1981) -- Must check it out, pretty creepy 80's horror
Stuff on my Queue...

We Are the Night -- British vamp flick
Vamp (1986) -- never seen this classic yet
Survival Quest (1989) -- suppose to be pretty violent and stars Lance Henriksen
The Shrine (2010) -- don't know much about it, looks creepy.
No Mercy (2010) -- Another asian thriller, their often very good.

I could go on for a while here...let us know if you need more GS.

I just recently got NF and am loving it. There are a lot of movies of all genres I haven's seen, or had been wanting to see. Especially foreign films. One of the best things about NF is that if a movie sucks. No big deal! And I didn't waste about 3-4 dollars renting it. For the monthly fee we pay for NF. I've easily saved that much and more each month not having to rent dvd's.

Thanks for the suggestions Saw - Think maybe I'll go with The Nesting.

Anyone see - Easter Bunny Kill Kill?  Looks interesting.

I think I did see House of 9.